PDA

View Full Version : Marv Levy Says

LtBillsFan66
01-08-2004, 11:45 PM
Thanks for the e-mail Brian H!

I just listned to the archive of Brian H's radio show and the interview with Marv!

Here is what he had to say:

Loved to coach.

Would love to coach the Bears or Bills. They are two teams with great potential.

Hasn't had direct contact with either team, but talked to "people" involved with each organization.

Thinks the major problem with the Bills despite their great D was lack of turnovers. Hurt them big time.

Offensive woes due to O-Line injuries and injury to Moulds.

Thinks Drew Bledsoe is outstanding given the right protection.

Drew was NOT a mistake to pick up.

If the O is set up right, look for Drew to undergo a renaissance.

He wants to coach again!

He's in great shape. Great health. Runs 3 miles a day!

Thinks Peyton Manning is premeir player in the league.

kill4bills
01-09-2004, 12:53 AM
we need him in buffalo

ublinkwescore
01-09-2004, 02:08 AM
I want either Marv, Dan Reeves, or Charlie Weiss - in that order (if Dan Reeves isn't an O coach - which I'm pretty sure he is - wasn't he a WR or TE for the Cowboys?)

zone
01-09-2004, 06:33 AM
This topic is making me crazy. If marv does not get the job TD should go.....

saviorbledsoe
01-09-2004, 06:54 AM
Brian interviewed Marv? Way to go Brian~!

LtBillsFan66
01-09-2004, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by saviorbledsoe
Brian interviewed Marv? Way to go Brian~!

It was some other guy who did the interview.

Novacane
01-09-2004, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by billsfanone

Thinks Peyton Manning is premeir player in the league.

Originally posted by kill4bills
we need him in buffalo

I agree!

mybills
01-09-2004, 08:51 AM

Drew was NOT a mistake to pick up.

If the O is set up right, look for Drew to undergo a renaissance.

If this is what he truly believes, I don't want him here. But I do agree with his Peyton comment.

THATHURMANATOR
01-09-2004, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by zone
This topic is making me crazy. If marv does not get the job TD should go.....

Are you serious? He had his chance and didnt produce a superbowl victory the first time. As an assistant head coach or consultant maybe but not the head coach.

saviorbledsoe
01-09-2004, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR

Are you serious? He had his chance and didnt produce a superbowl victory the first time. As an assistant head coach or consultant maybe but not the head coach.

Question......which candidate did win a Superbowl as a head coach????????????????????????????

Who even go to more than 1 superbowl???????????????

Thats what I thought.

fabolouspaul
01-09-2004, 09:05 AM

He's in great shape. Great health. Runs 3 miles a day!

It probably takes him the whole day to get there!

:jk: :D

THATHURMANATOR
01-09-2004, 10:58 AM

Question......which candidate did win a Superbowl as a head coach????????????????????????????

Who even go to more than 1 superbowl???????????????

Thats what I thought.

There is a difference here. Marv had his shot with one of the most talented teams of the past 20 years and didn't get it done. I am not saying that any of these guys will be able to even make the playoffs, but we won't know until given the chance. I am not trying to bash Marv. I would love to see him in somekind of assistant head coach like lebeu was this year, but not the head man. That is too many hours and too much pressure for an 80 year old man in good shape or not.

Dozerdog
01-09-2004, 11:06 AM
Why would you want a guy you will have to replace in 32 games???

HenryRules
01-09-2004, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog

Don't the Bills replace everyone after 32 games in the Tom Donahoe era?

What would be the difference???

THATHURMANATOR
01-09-2004, 05:50 PM

Exactly!

BillsOwnAll
01-09-2004, 08:20 PM
[

Why would you want a guy you will have to replace in 32 games??? if he wins a SB....id replace hiim after 19 or 20. i wouldnt WANT to but i wouldnt mind.

caveboy
01-09-2004, 08:21 PM
He still would bring instant cred to the team. Yeah he had a lot of talent, and yeah the Bills lost 3 of four SBs, but the teams we faced were pretty damn good and we gave a LOT of those SBs away because of turnovers. (Remember, when we played SB XXV, We played the Giants close).

Levy also built those SB teams. He didn't just inherit players that had it all together. We have the talent here now for the most part and it needs to come together to play consistently across the board, not every other week.

Anyway, Bledsoe is very similar to Kelly in terms of lack of mobility and needing protection, ( although both don't shy away from the hit when running). Maybe Marv knows a way to keep Bledsoe alive like he did for Kelly.

Ralph has the ulimate say anyway, and if he wants Bledsoe to stay, then Levy or whoever comes in had better have a plan to protect/save DB or he's gonna get killed, healyth Moulds or not.

I also think our lack of committment to the run early in the year also hurt us a lot, which might have taken the pressure of Drew far more. Curious to see if Levy did come in, would KG be retained?

BillsOwnAll
01-09-2004, 08:24 PM
marv levy would smack KG if he made a stupied call.

saviorbledsoe
01-09-2004, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by caveboy
He still would bring instant cred to the team. Yeah he had a lot of talent, and yeah the Bills lost 3 of four SBs

uhhhhhhhhh I wish we only lost 3 of four dude.

BillsOwnAll
01-09-2004, 08:49 PM
uhhhhhhhhh I wish we only lost 3 of four dude. levy didnt lose the giants game.

HAMMER
01-10-2004, 02:28 AM
TD doesn't want Marv in Buffalo, he would no longer be the Big Cheese. Marv would carry far more clot around Buffalo and even the NFL in general. He is very highly thought of in all circles of the NFL. My bet is that Wilson really wants Levy but doesn't want to step on TD's feet. If TD blows this one he will be on the street in two years. I would absolutely soil my shorts if Marv came back. I have no doubt he would excel, he would surround himself with the right people, he is a master motivator, he makes good gametime decisions, and is flat brilliant. Leave the coordinating to coordinators, unless they pull a Killadrive. Then you punk em like Buddy!