PDA

View Full Version : What about Kenechi Udeze

jron93
01-09-2004, 08:08 AM
Very athletic...Has the size and speed you look for...Great burst...Natural pass rusher. He’s big enough to play on the left side and Ryan Denney is better suited for a backup role. The Bills need more pressure coming off the edges and Udeze, whose stock is flying after a great season, is the guy to bring
that. Has all the tools...Prospect with the kind of potential scouts and NFL teams love...Could end up being an elite prospect.

Could he be an Erick Flowers or a Dwight Freeney

ryven
01-09-2004, 08:12 AM
well I think he needs some work but he has great size and speed someone that could play inside as well as at end(If you wanted to keep an opposing O guessing) I say he is worth the risk but lets wait to see how he does at the combine.

The Spaz
01-09-2004, 08:19 AM
Udeze, who said Jan. 7 that he would skip his senior season to enter the draft, has great experience as a three-year starter. He has an excellent combination of size and speed. He is built well and athletic with great instincts, initial quickness and running skills. He never stops hustling and always seems to be around the ball. His technique and leverage need work, however. He needs to play lower and improve at using his hands to keep blockers off his body. There also is a minor durability concern -- he had arthroscopic surgery to remove torn cartilage in his knee after the 2002 season.

Udeze, who could be a late first-round pick, continues to improve with experience and hasn't missed a game because of injury in his career. He has terrific size for the position and could move inside to tackle on passing downs in the NFL, where his quickness would overwhelm most guards.

R. Rich
01-09-2004, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by jron93
Very athletic...Has the size and speed you look for...Great burst...Natural pass rusher. He’s big enough to play on the left side and Ryan Denney is better suited for a backup role. The Bills need more pressure coming off the edges and Udeze, whose stock is flying after a great season, is the guy to bring
that. Has all the tools...Prospect with the kind of potential scouts and NFL teams love...Could end up being an elite prospect.

Could he be an Erick Flowers or a Dwight Freeney

Udeze an Erik Flowers (what a stupid last name!)? I don't think so. I think he'll be better than Flowers was, because he has the size not to mention the quickness to do well at end. If he turned out to be like Freeney, that wouldn't be bad at all.

clumping platelets
01-09-2004, 09:07 AM
What about Kenechi Udeze? I say..........

YES!!!

WagonCircler
01-09-2004, 01:25 PM
HELL YES!!!

ryven
01-09-2004, 01:30 PM
Udeze is probably in the top 3 DE's this year so if he is there I say take him dont let him slip.

Ebenezer
01-09-2004, 01:35 PM
if we are going to have a daily thread on this guy please start them in the draft zone.