PDA

View Full Version : Satan to Edmonton?

clumping platelets
01-09-2004, 09:23 AM
http://www.sportsline.com/nhl/story/NHL_SC-RUMOR

I would want more in return. Eric Brewer is fine but I would want a forward more likely to score some goals. Even a top forward prospect would make me really think about this deal :)

Dozerdog
01-09-2004, 09:24 AM
Columbus Blue Jackets
Updated: 1/7/2004

The Columbus Dispatch believes the Blue Jackets have their eye on Buffalo's Lindy Ruff for their coaching position. Ruff's future with the Sabres is thought to be tenuous and he and Jackets GM Doug MacLean, who stepped down as coach New Year's Day and named assistant Gerard Gallant as interim coach, have a long history together.

Dozerdog
01-09-2004, 09:25 AM
Brewer is a good catch!

SkateZilla
01-09-2004, 09:48 AM
we need scorers !!!!!!!!!

Trade Boulton and delmore To dallas for Banres and Aquire Audette from UFA

The Spaz
01-09-2004, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by SkateZilla

Yeah right for Barnes the Stars would laugh their arses off.

Ð
01-09-2004, 10:07 AM
Send him to Toronto for Gary Roberts

SabreEleven
01-09-2004, 10:23 AM
We really need George Laraque?

Ð
01-09-2004, 10:35 AM
Bunny Larocque ?

http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~louislarocque/mlarocque.jpg

pyrrhonist
01-09-2004, 10:51 AM
As much as our defense could use someone like Brewer, there's no way we can afford to sacrifice more goal scoring to get defense in return. Not a chance.

JD
01-09-2004, 11:30 AM
Exactly.

WE NEED TO SCORE MORE

WE NEED SCORERS!

If this trade goes through I will be so unbelievably pissed off.

SabreEleven
01-09-2004, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
Columbus Blue Jackets

The Columbus Dispatch believes the Blue Jackets have their eye on Buffalo's Lindy Ruff for their coaching position. Ruff's future with the Sabres is thought to be tenuous and he and Jackets GM Doug MacLean, who stepped down as coach New Year's Day and named assistant Gerard Gallant as interim coach, have a long history together.

Hel'll win a Stanley Cup in Columbus, mark my word.

alyson
01-09-2004, 12:21 PM
NO! Keep Miro here! He can be lazy at times, but he has been playing really well lately. Plus, he's my favorite player :) I don't want to have to search even harder than I already do to see him play.
Now, as for getting rid of Lindy. I think he's done what he can do here. We need fresh coaching. Get rid of the coach, keep Miro, and we'll win!

SkateZilla
01-09-2004, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by Sabre11
We really need George Laraque?

Least He'd Be outta Peters' Way but then again we dont need anymore fighters

northernbillfan
01-09-2004, 02:02 PM
Since Satan used to be an Oiler, he will be welcomed with open arms.

Laraque has lost his touch lately and I wouldn't mind seeing him l;eave, however Brewer would be Edmonton's loss and a good pick up for your team.

SABURZFAN
01-11-2004, 06:55 AM
Originally posted by clumping platelets
http://www.sportsline.com/nhl/story/NHL_SC-RUMOR

I would want more in return. Eric Brewer is fine but I would want a forward more likely to score some goals. Even a top forward prospect would make me really think about this deal :)

you can probably expect a high draft pick instead of a top forward prospect.that seems to be the norm.

SABURZFAN
01-11-2004, 06:56 AM
Columbus Blue Jackets

they can have the bum.

SABURZFAN
01-11-2004, 06:58 AM
Originally posted by SkateZilla

:laughter:

that's not happening.

SABURZFAN
01-11-2004, 07:00 AM
Originally posted by Ð
Send him to Toronto for Gary Roberts

:lol:

i like gary roberts but not for satan.

SABURZFAN
01-11-2004, 07:02 AM
Columbus Blue Jackets

Originally posted by Sabre11
Hel'll win a Stanley Cup in Columbus, mark my word.

:laughter:

this thread is a riot.

Sabre Ally
01-11-2004, 08:23 AM
The Oiler I really wanted is now a Cryer. :mad:

Not like the Sabres would've paid Comrie what he wanted anyway.

fushetti
01-11-2004, 01:08 PM
Trade Boulton, Delmore, Milley, and Janik to the Canucks for Bertuzzi, Morrison and, Naslund.

They have to bite on that one right!?!?!?!??!

JD and Skate, the trades u guys are proposing are ridiculous. hahahhaa.

qcsabresfan84
01-11-2004, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by fushetti
Trade Boulton, Delmore, Milley, and Janik to the Canucks for Bertuzzi, Morrison and, Naslund.

They have to bite on that one right!?!?!?!??!

JD and Skate, the trades u guys are proposing are ridiculous. hahahhaa.

haha, you're right. when i read these trade ideas that they come up with, im just baffled.

SabreEleven
01-11-2004, 03:20 PM
I got it...Trade Boulton and Campbell to the Oilers for Gretzky and Messier....;)

Dozerdog
01-11-2004, 03:26 PM
For whatever reason- they want the Sabres to rade FOR a GOALIE!!! We got 3 allready!

My favorite is Trade Biron or Nooronen for CuJo

SABURZFAN
01-11-2004, 05:51 PM
trade zhitnik.the guy's a bum.

JD
01-11-2004, 09:20 PM
WTF DO WE NEED MILLER

He is terrible, he deserves to stay in the AHL i wouldnt be surprised if they benched his nervous ass.

Ouch, harsh comments, I am hurt, truly I am.
:bf1:

SkateZilla
01-11-2004, 09:26 PM
Trade
Boulton, Delmore, For Jagr..

THeres a Ridiculus One for You

JD
01-12-2004, 11:02 AM
Hey that just might work!

:rofl:

Demon
01-13-2004, 01:22 AM
I'd do a Satan for Laraque and Brewer deal any day of the week. With some hard hitting and a tuff defender we would only be allowing 1 or 2 goals per game. Some of the weak goals we are allowing now would never happen with those 2 here. Satan is good but if the team stays as soft as it is now and the defense (which started JANIK, CAMPBELL, TALLINDER and FITZPATRICK tonight) WILL NOT make the playoffs. Those 4 are horrible, Fitzpatrick is the best of them all, if he plays on the 3rd D-line! Kalinin, Zhitnik, Brewer AND McKee might be something to brag about, then have Tallinder and Fitzpatrick on the 3rd line and we might be OK.

No Satan = More ice time for Kotalik and Roy, and both will need to realize they need to step up in the stretch run if we want to make the playoffs, and if we trade Satan now, and Kotalik catches fire, and Roy plays somewhat good (i know hes been playing good, but i mean points wise) and Drury finally wakes up........ and if we deal Biron for some decent skater, we COULD make the playoffs! Deal Satan while his value is somewhat high!

JD
01-13-2004, 10:09 AM
You know what Demon, I agree with you.

Very nicely put.