PDA

View Full Version : Fool me once...

Tatonka
10-08-2002, 12:31 AM
http://www.billszone.com/YourSite/global/templates/view.php?state=news&action=YourSite_content&month=10&nid=1636

who is Mark Weiler...

ps.. that article suck... i pretty much hated myself just for reading the whole thing after i read the crap about henry and bryson.. but i drudged on... only to find myself more discusted..

if you take away henry's big runs, then he sucks.. BLAH BLAH BLAH...

guess what.. if you take away the 85 yard bomb to driver, the 55 yard bomb to glenn, and the other two touchdowns to the TE's, then Farve sucked to last night..

that article was just crap..

i am attacking the post, not the poster..

whoever Mark Weiler is :fight: Tatonka

justasportsfan
10-08-2002, 12:49 AM
I agree that we have to run better. People have said that the offense is pressured to score because the D can't stop anyone. If that is true I'd like to specify that Drew is pressured to score because he has no consistent running game to really depend on.
Can't really pinpoint if it's on the coaches, OL or innefective Rb's .

Michael82
10-08-2002, 03:31 AM
It's Wys! Couldn't you tell? By the way....

attack the column not the writer! :D

Michael82
10-08-2002, 03:49 AM
Hey Wys....Travis Henry is no Ahman Green but did u see Green today? He had 27 carries for 107 yards...4 yards per carry. Now, if you are allowed to take the longest run out of the picture....43 yards...thats 64 yards.

Ahman Green had technically (according to your rule) 26 carries for only 64 yards. That's a grand total of 2.5 yards per carry! :lol:

You can NOT take one big run out of the player's stats. That changes everything. If you take out the 85 yard catch for Donald Driver, then he only had 35 yards. You can't do it like that....sure you'll get a long run or catch once in a while....but thats where the players always get their yardage from. It's not just from 10 here, 8 there, 9 there...it's big ones, small ones, and a whole bunch of different amounts. :rolleyes:

Ð
10-08-2002, 07:04 AM
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics."
-Benjamin Disraeli

The flip side to this is that (statisically speaking) with Bledsoe's gaudy numbers, we should be scoring at least 100 pts a game, but he's not.

My point is you can use/twist statistics to make any point you want. At the end of the day in football, what counts are the W's.

Ebenezer
10-08-2002, 07:07 AM
Thank's BD....I've been saying that since 1987.

Earthquake Enyart
10-08-2002, 08:03 AM
Did the article have the usual typos and spelling errors?

casdhf
10-08-2002, 08:58 AM
:lol:

justasportsfan
10-08-2002, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by BigDoug
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics."
-Benjamin Disraeli

The flip side to this is that (statisically speaking) with Bledsoe's gaudy numbers, we should be scoring at least 100 pts a game, but he's not.

My point is you can use/twist statistics to make any point you want. At the end of the day in football, what counts are the W's.

An example as too how stats can be misleading.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/statistics?stat=rush&pos=off&league=nfl&order=true&season=2&year=2002
Henry is 11th in rushing yards yet we still need to have a better rushing game.

As a team...20th
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/statistics?stat=teamrush&pos=off&league=nfl&season=2&year=2002

check out passing, receiving,,etc.

casdhf
10-08-2002, 09:12 AM
The 4.1 average is there....he just needs more carries. But, he isn't going to get them. We are clearly a pass first, run second team

Creemoredrinker
10-08-2002, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka
http://www.billszone.com/YourSite/global/templates/view.php?state=news&action=YourSite_content&month=10&nid=1636

who is Mark Weiler...

ps.. that article suck... i pretty much hated myself just for reading the whole thing after i read the crap about henry and bryson.. but i drudged on... only to find myself more discusted..

if you take away henry's big runs, then he sucks.. BLAH BLAH BLAH...

guess what.. if you take away the 85 yard bomb to driver, the 55 yard bomb to glenn, and the other two touchdowns to the TE's, then Farve sucked to last night..

that article was just crap..

i am attacking the post, not the poster..

whoever Mark Weiler is :fight: Tatonka

:machgun:

Can we line this guy up against a wall and put him out of his/our misery? (just a question)

"Attacking the post and NOT the poster" -- right!!! What part of the bible did you read that from?

:pray:

Buffarama
10-08-2002, 09:21 AM
His fumbles didn't help his number of carries either in the first 4 games, nor the defense.
At the end of the first half Sunday, a 98 yard drive on 5 plays with 1:20, we couldn't run very much. Thats the position we always seem to be in. You can't then decide you need to run 5 more times and pass once to even up the stats when the next situation or defensive set doesn't call for that.
These guys ripped the Raiders D apart doing what they did.

Creemoredrinker
10-08-2002, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
Did the article have the usual typos and spelling errors?

:madcurse:

casdhf
10-08-2002, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by Creemoredrinker

:madcurse:

Moran :D