PDA

View Full Version : Mularkey For HC.

Kolbiss
01-09-2004, 02:04 PM
Whats the word on him, he looks like a sibling of Mike Tice, kinda meatheaded to me, but I don't know much about him. I really don't prefer him at this point.:feedback:

Dozerdog
01-09-2004, 02:10 PM
Me neither

TheGhostofJimKelly
01-09-2004, 02:19 PM
Chris Mortensen:
He has been on the radar for a couple of years. In an under-reported story, he was actually offered the Bengals' job and turned it down before it went to Marvin Lewis. That's not to say he was more worthy than Lewis but he is qualified, regardless of the Steelers' losing record. Smart and innovative. Also note that Lewis and John Fox got the Carolina job a year after they were hot candidates.

Brad DeLucia:
Displays natural leadership skills and shows the ability to put players in a position to succeed. Has done a fine job transforming the Steelers' offense over the past couple years. Mularkey is creative with his personnel and makes good adjustments on the field. He'll be an excellent head coach who sees the big picture and develops a good rapport with his players.

socalfan
01-09-2004, 02:19 PM
I want TD to choose a guy that has been on good staffs (and I do mean more than one) so that when he creates a staff of his own, he'll have some idea about how to do that.

I want a guy that has put together more than one scheme in his entire coaching career. I don't care if it is on offense or defense. I want him to know how to adjust for the personel he has.

I want a guy that has managed the organization under him for multiple head coaches, I want him to have had a variety of experiences...so that when he hits the Bills nothing will surprise him.

I want a guy that can motivate his players so that even if there were a bunch of injuries, the other guys can step up and play.

I want a guy that can work with the administration and talent hunters to be able to chip away at the Bills deficiencies. I don't want a guy that is going to try to run the whole show, coach, PR, and draft --- but one that work effectively in all of those processes.