PDA

View Full Version : Bills will be primed to run

The_Philster
01-10-2004, 05:06 AM
By Bob Matthews , Democrat and Chronicle
The 2004 Buffalo Bills figure to be a run-oriented offense with Travis Henry and a healthy (hopefully) Willis McGahee working behind a line more adept at run blocking than pass protection. It will be interesting to see if pass-happy quarterback Drew Bledsoe would accept such a drastic change in offensive philosophy.

For the sake of the Bills and his career, Bledsoe should buy into it 100 percent....more (http://www.democratandchronicle.com/sports/columns/0110ND2TGI2_sports.shtml)

Jan Reimers
01-10-2004, 05:57 AM
We were primed to run last year, too, but KG apparently missed all of the indications.

SABURZFAN
01-10-2004, 04:07 PM
we need help on the OL first.if it happens,henry and mcgahee could form a potent double threat in the backfield.

BillsFever
01-10-2004, 04:09 PM
Pass happy Bledsoe? Nah I would never believe it.

BillsFever
01-10-2004, 04:11 PM
I lost count of all the runs he audibled into passes at about the 30th time. Did one of his audibles ever work?

When he audibled it was a 98% chance that it was a pass. I don't remember many(if any at all) that one of his famous audibles were runs.

HenryRules
01-10-2004, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by BillsFever
I lost count of all the runs he audibled into passes at about the 30th time. Did one of his audibles ever work?

When he audibled it was a 98% chance that it was a pass. I don't remember many(if any at all) that one of his famous audibles were runs.

How did you find out when he changed plays and what he changed them from/to?

BillsFever
01-10-2004, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by HenryRules
How did you find out when he changed plays and what he changed them from/to?

Oh god please stop making excuses.

Of course I don't know what the hell the orignal play called was. All I know when he did audible it was a pass which says enough. He even admitted a few times he changed a 3rd and 1 run into a pass that was never successful.

I really gotta get myself a pair of them Bledsoe Blinders. I would be able to block out everything bad he does and find somebody else to blame.

The_Philster
01-10-2004, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by BillsFever

When he audibled it was a 98% chance that it was a pass. I don't remember many(if any at all) that one of his famous audibles were runs. It probably would have helped had his audible system included runs

BillsFever
01-10-2004, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by HenryRules
How did you find out when he changed play

Usually when a QB is under center then backs up and starts calling a play it means it's an audible. I guess the announcers were wrong to when they said he was calling an audible.

Hey Drew even admitted plenty of times to audibling out of runs and making it a pass even though they never worked. Go ask him about why he did it instead of *****ing to me about it.

helmetguy
01-10-2004, 06:19 PM
He admitted calling audibles out of runs, then explained that it was usually when the defense was crowding the SS toward the line of scrimmage. That's pretty standard stuff. Problem was, after so many games of KG NOT committing to the run, bringing the SS up was just a ruse, to dictate to the Bills' offense, instead of the BIlls' offense dictating to the defense.

I see Mike Martz doing the same vs. Carolina at the moment, too, and Bulger has thrown two VERY nice passes to Carolina. It ain't just a Drew thing. Give it a rest!