PDA

View Full Version : Foreman and Flowers are B-I-T-T-E-R

lordofgun
10-08-2002, 08:44 AM
FOREMAN:

"I have no idea," Foreman said when asked why he was traded. "You have to ask them. They're the experts. They know. At first, I was (bitter). I can't really lie and say I wasn't. I was more or less just disappointed because I felt I needed a little bit more respect than that.

"I put in three years good years out there. Now that it's over with, I think it was the best thing for me. I think I got the better end of the deal, coming to a great organization, a great city and a great team. Hindsight is the best sight. If I knew it was going to turn out like this, I would have been happier earlier. I'm really happy now. Actually, I should probably thank (the Bills)."

FLOWERS:

"I'm not going to say (Foreman) wants it more, but he has a chip on his shoulder," Flowers said. "There are some things that didn't go right with him. For me, I was prepared for it. It's a business. I just roll with it.

"Let's just say I set a new sack record this year. I'm not going to become a free agent and all of sudden want to go play for Buffalo again. That's not going to happen. I don't have a desire to go up there and play for them. It just didn't work out. So be it. I'm just going out there to do the best for me and my family. I couldn't care less what they think."

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/story.hts/sports/fb/texansfront/1607786

lordofgun
10-08-2002, 08:45 AM
Hey FLOWERS!! How about being thankful that we wasted a boatload of money and a first-round pick on your sorry behind! :mad:

venis2k1
10-08-2002, 08:48 AM
I am glad forman is happy, Flowers is a Bum.

casdhf
10-08-2002, 08:48 AM
Do either of these scrubs see the field?

WG
10-08-2002, 08:57 AM
Foreman was a decent player. Not great, but decent. Surely he's not much worse than what we have now in Robinson or at DE other than Schobel.

blcny
10-08-2002, 08:57 AM
"Let's just say I set a new sack record this year"
Yeah right, he'll come real close to doing that. He'll be lucky to get a sack in practice. What a bum. He should be happy he's on a NFL team.

Novacane
10-08-2002, 09:25 AM
Message to Eric FLowers: YOu suck! WHo cares if your po'd! IF you could play worth a lick you'd still be here!

Creemoredrinker
10-08-2002, 09:29 AM
...over Robinson, but hindsight should be 20-20.

LOG, as usual, has it absolutely right with respect to Flowers. We paid him 1st round money for a player who was NOT first round. I guess he just does NOT appreciate what he spent the money on. Is that the Bills fault too?

:clap:

Ebenezer
10-08-2002, 09:33 AM
I don't know about that Creem...you have to factor in Charlie Rogers to that...

It really was Rogers and Robinson for Foreman...I'd take that.

Flowers should just shut up...

Creemoredrinker
10-08-2002, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by Ebenezer
I don't know about that Creem...you have to factor in Charlie Rogers to that...

It really was Rogers and Robinson for Foreman...I'd take that.

Flowers should just shut up...

:huddle:

I was just looking at it LB fo rLB.

:gossip:

Ebenezer
10-08-2002, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by Creemoredrinker

:huddle:

I was just looking at it LB fo rLB.

:gossip:

LB for LB you might be right...although with this DL who knows??

Novacane
10-08-2002, 10:35 AM
These guys have no reason to be bitter. It's a business. If they were FA and were offered more money elsewhere they would have bolted. Get over it Foreman.

BTW.............Foreman has a whopping 11 solo tackles this year and 0 sacks.

Eric I am a Flower has really proved TD wrong for cutting him!

1 solo tackle 0 assists 0 sacks in 4 games! Bring him back baby!

http://www.nfl.com/teams/stats/HOU/2002/regular

Ebenezer
10-08-2002, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by BledsoeTOreedfor6
BTW.............Foreman has a whopping 11 solo tackles this year and 0 sacks.

Eric I am a Flower has really proved TD wrong for cutting him!

1 solo tackle 0 assists 0 sacks in 4 games! Bring him back baby!

I think that sums it up perfectly.

Lori
10-08-2002, 10:46 AM
Eric Flowers: "I don't have a desire to go up there and play for them."

Yeah, Eric, that was pretty obvious when you WERE here.

MissBuffalo
10-08-2002, 11:08 AM
Flowers was a waste of a pick. And didn't that article say he was injured......AGAIN!!!!!! I think he uses injuries as excuses because he's embarassed to admit he sucks.

Novacane
10-08-2002, 11:10 AM
Butler made some really crappy picks near the end of his time here! I think he knew he was gonna bolt so he did'nt give a damn!

SABURZFAN
10-08-2002, 03:34 PM
they're young and they'll get over it.i liked foreman but flowers was a sad sack.

vabillsfan
10-08-2002, 03:50 PM
Yo - BledsoeTOReed -

What is this? Yankees loose! Theeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Yankees loose!

It's "lose", not loose! Gee - at least get your slam right!

PS - 26 WS rings and they can't win EVERY year - just seems that way!

And yes - the hell with Foreman and Flowers. Whatever!

RedEyE
10-08-2002, 04:30 PM
I think that it's very important for a player to be comfortable in the city that they play. Buffalo is not a city for everyone ~ and that's kind of what makes it special.

TigerJ
10-08-2002, 09:17 PM
I think money has all but destroyed any concept of family in the NFL. There was a time years ago when teams felt a certain loyalty to players and players to teams. Today, except in rare exceptions, players will always chose dollars over team loyalty. General managers can no longer afford to hold onto players whose salaries exceed their worth. Foreman and Flowers can act like jilted lovers if they want to, but everyone knows that if they were great players instead of a journeyman (Foreman) and a flop (Flowers), when they got to the point in their careers where they were unrestricted free agents on the basis of experience, their services would be for sale to the highest bidder. I suspect as they get older, if they don't wash out of the league altogether, they'll mellow out as they realize that's just the way professional football is.

Rebecky
10-08-2002, 09:33 PM
Do most released players, from all teams, feel this way? Is there a way to release or trade a player which assuages some of the hard feelings? Or is bitterness inevitable?