PDA

View Full Version : The refs just gave the Pats yet another win.

lordofgun
01-10-2004, 10:44 PM
BS holding penalty in the last drive cost the Titans the game. :down:

DraftBoy
01-10-2004, 10:46 PM
He threw him down clear as the day. Granted the call was close but I understand that call. Pats won fair and square.

OpIv37
01-10-2004, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by lordofgun
BS holding penalty in the last drive cost the Titans the game. :down:

Some things will never change. Who would have guessed- two teams that always get lucky breaks from the refs, and the one at home came out on top.

At least the Titans were eliminated- the only good thing about this game was that someone had to lose.

lordofgun
01-10-2004, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by Winfield_26
He threw him down clear as the day. Granted the call was close but I understand that call. Pats won fair and square.

That stuff happens on every play, and it was pretty minor. The refs can not make a call like that at that juncture of the game.

ryguy8161
01-10-2004, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by Winfield_26

No... if it's that late in the game, and that close a call, you let the teams play. The only reason im p/oed about it is because now we have to wait another week perhaps longer if Donahoe wants Weis/Crenel(sp?)

The Spaz
01-10-2004, 10:54 PM
Like I've always heard there is holding every play it just depends on wether the REFS decide to throw the flag.

imbondz
01-10-2004, 11:05 PM
:monkey: Titans

Turf
01-11-2004, 07:26 AM
Originally posted by lordofgun

That stuff happens on every play, and it was pretty minor. The refs can not make a call like that at that juncture of the game.

I was thinking the same thing. At that juncture of the game that was a weak and suspicious call to say the least. Even in the first quarter that's a weak call.

Ickybaluky
01-11-2004, 11:31 AM
The game was won in the 4th quarter after the Titans pinned the Pats on their 5 YL. The Patriots were able to reverse field position by gaining 56 yards before being forced to punt. They pinned Ten on their 7 YL. The NE defense was able to stop Ten on their 17, and the subsequent punt gave the Pats the ball back on the Ten 40, setting up Vinatieri's winning FG.

Face it, both teams had opportunities in this game. Dan Graham had a fumble and several drops to hurt the Pats. Tennessee couldn't take advantage of Graham's fumble and were unable to win the field position game late.

I have a ton of respect for the Titans, they are a very similar team to the Patriots. This was a tough hard-nosed game that either team could have won. However, the Pats did win it.

Blaming the refs is the loser's lament. You don't win 13 straight game on just luck. In the end, it comes down to making the play when it is needed, and the Pats have done that consistently.

Granted, that doesn't guarantee anything for next week, but it also doesn't mean what they have accomplished this season should be diminished.

mybills
01-11-2004, 11:38 AM
up next...the GB? Carolina? Philly! Will you be coming back here when they take care of your beloved team? :D

Mr B
01-11-2004, 11:45 AM
I agree the Pats won fair and square but they always seem to benifit from boarderline calls. Who knows what would have happened if that play wasn't flagged.

Ickybaluky
01-11-2004, 11:57 AM
The Pats winning or losing has nothing to do with my being here. If they win, you'll likely blame it on the refs, the moon phase, the field being torn up, some injury...

Even if the Pats lost, I'd keep watching the game. In fact, I'd probably root for the Titans. They are very similar to the Pats, and I respect they way they play. Last night's game was between two very good teams and there were a bunch of plays that could have swung the game either way. However, in the end the Pats were able to win. Get over it.

I actually like this forum, which is why I come back. There is obvious passion here, many good posters and it is well-moderated (which gives it an edge over other Bills' forums, IMO). I love the NFL and like good football. I started following the Jets pretty closely after Parcells left because so many ex-Pats ended up there (Curtis Martin is my favorite player in the NFL today). Lately, that influence has faded, and now the Bills have several ex-pats (Bledsoe, Milloy, Gash). Thus, I follow them a little closer. I follow the entire NFL and like good football, no matter the uniforms.

The thought that the Pats winning or losing would have any bearing on my following football is laughable. NE was mostly a joke for the first 20 years I followed the team, so I can put their current decade of success in perspective. I mean, why would I be afraid of the reaction? What can you do besides call me names? I'll get over it.

However, as long as I'm here I feel entitled to present a counter an opinion with an argument of my own. I thought that was what a discussion forum was about. However, if you guys all just want to get together and discuss the Bills amongst yourselves, (without any dissenting opinion), then I would suggest you restrict registration to those you deem appropriate.

The Pats aren't unlike any other team, they deserve their record. Their fans aren't unlike any other fans. They played a game and won, end of story.

mybills
01-11-2004, 12:04 PM
Jeesh, can't you take a joke? I put a :D after it! :cynic:

Throne Logic
01-11-2004, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by NE39
The Pats winning or losing has nothing to do with my being here. If they win, you'll likely blame it on the refs, the moon phase, the field being torn up, some injury...

Now that you mention it, wasn't it a Full Moon last night?

Tennessee self destructed in the last few minutes, starting with that punt that never crossed the 50 yard line. They were never right after that.

lordofgun
01-11-2004, 10:34 PM
The only reason the Pats won is because of the Refs.

ShadowHawk7
01-11-2004, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by NE39

Even if the Pats lost, I'd keep watching the game. In fact, I'd probably root for the Titans. They are very similar to the Pats, and I respect they way they play. Last night's game was between two very good teams and there were a bunch of plays that could have swung the game either way. However, in the end the Pats were able to win. Get over it.

I actually like this forum, which is why I come back. There is obvious passion here, many good posters and it is well-moderated (which gives it an edge over other Bills' forums, IMO). I love the NFL and like good football. I started following the Jets pretty closely after Parcells left because so many ex-Pats ended up there (Curtis Martin is my favorite player in the NFL today). Lately, that influence has faded, and now the Bills have several ex-pats (Bledsoe, Milloy, Gash). Thus, I follow them a little closer. I follow the entire NFL and like good football, no matter the uniforms.

The thought that the Pats winning or losing would have any bearing on my following football is laughable. NE was mostly a joke for the first 20 years I followed the team, so I can put their current decade of success in perspective. I mean, why would I be afraid of the reaction? What can you do besides call me names? I'll get over it.

However, as long as I'm here I feel entitled to present a counter an opinion with an argument of my own. I thought that was what a discussion forum was about. However, if you guys all just want to get together and discuss the Bills amongst yourselves, (without any dissenting opinion), then I would suggest you restrict registration to those you deem appropriate.

The Pats aren't unlike any other team, they deserve their record. Their fans aren't unlike any other fans. They played a game and won, end of story.

Nice posts. It's about time a poster who is a "foreihn" fan makes sum sense and backs it up. I have no problem w/ u, unlike the loser "bills-suck-cuz-i-say-so!" finfans. I' AM NOT A PATS FAN IN DUSGUISE and I still hate the pats! :biggrin: Specially Brady.