Good thing we didn't hire that John Fox guy...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nighthawk
    Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
    • Jul 2002

Good thing we didn't hire that John Fox guy...

Umm, what was the reason GW was hired over this guy...I don't get it?
  • Dozerdog
    In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

One had 2 weeks to prepare for the intervirew- the other had 12 hours after the Super Bowl.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
      Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
      • May 2003

GW had highly organized notebooks full of worthless junk.
      Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Historian
        2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
        • Dec 2002

I still say Donnaho mixed up his notes!

Comment

• shelby
          The Vanilla admin
          • Jul 2002

Comment

• kgun12
            • Jul 2002

Hey he tried to lose that game yesterday! They called time out right before the onside kick to I guess go over all the options, then they did a BAD job on the kick. Then they let the play clock run out on the game winning field goal. Then in overtime they played a soft defense, unlike the Ramsl who blitz and put preasure on Delhome the whole overtime. All of these are examples of poor coaching, and players not doing there job. Hell if GW would have done any one of those bonehead things there would have been 100 posts on how bad he handle a game. I'm I saying Fox is a bad coach NO, I'm saying every coach messes up. Just some things get overlooked.
            Retired Air Traffic Controller
            USAF VETERAN
            DAV

Comment

• fushetti
              President of the Rick Jeanneret Fanclub
              • Feb 2003

Isn't it wonderful where great coaching, great defense and timely offense gets you? Its a shame we could've had that guy. Now Gregg is laughing all the way to the bank for Washington. ****ing ******.
              "And I do have a wish, albeit one that cannot and will not be fulfilled. I wish... I wish that standing next to me right now, would be Ted Darling."
              Rick Jeanneret 4-14-96

Ted Darling "Voice of the Sabres"

Comment

• HenryRules
                • Jul 2002

I don't think coaching was the problem a lot of people think it was last year. I don't think it was good, but I think we're missing more than just coaching.

Comment

• The Spaz
                  • Mar 2003

Originally posted by HenryRules
                  I don't think coaching was the problem a lot of people think it was last year. I don't think it was good, but I think we're missing more than just coaching.
                  Coaching was an absolutely huge problem last year especially on offense.

Comment

• HenryRules
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The Spaz

Coaching was an absolutely huge problem last year especially on offense.
                    I think manpower was.

Regardless of one's opinion at QB. At best, I think most would rank him as middle of the road (say 15).

We had one of the bottom 5-10 OLs. This is what hurts the most.

Before Moulds injury, we had one of the bottom half groups of receivers. After the injury, the group was horrendous. (you need 3 WRs in today's NFL).

Henry is a #5-10 back, but nothing more.

Our TE's are bottom 10 in the league as well.

With only one position being in the top-10 in their category and most being in the bottom third, I don't know how you can expect even a middle-of-the-road offense, let alone one that is in the top-10.

Comment

• Dozerdog
                      In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                      • Jul 2002

At one point we were 82 of 82 passing on 3rd down between the 20's........regardless of 3rd and 10 or 3rd and 1

Playcalling was the worst I have ever seen

Comment

• The_Philster
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dozerdog
                        At one point we were 82 of 82 passing on 3rd down between the 20's........regardless of 3rd and 10 or 3rd and 1

Playcalling was the worst I have ever seen
                        But the play-calling is all on Bledsoe and the players.
                        The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• The Spaz
                          • Mar 2003

Well for oneyou can actually use the personnel you have in using Travis Henry and throw in Sam Gash there as well.

Comment

• HenryRules
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The Spaz
                            Well for oneyou can actually use the personnel you have in using Travis Henry and throw in Sam Gash there as well.
                            As I said, playcalling was bad.

However, I don't think it was the only problem.

I think with proper playcalling, our offense probably could have been about 20th best in the NFL. That's a significant upgrade over where we were, but not nearly what I would consider satisfactory.

Even people involved with the team (Donahoe and Ralph) are saying that the personnel needs to be upgraded.

I think our offense matches up (personnel-wise) very similarly to the Ravens Super Bowl offense (I think we have an advantage at QB and WR and they had an advantage at OL and RB). Their offense was not good at all.

Comment

• The Spaz
                              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by HenryRules

As I said, playcalling was bad.

However, I don't think it was the only problem.

I think with proper playcalling, our offense probably could have been about 20th best in the NFL. That's a significant upgrade over where we were, but not nearly what I would consider satisfactory.

Even people involved with the team (Donahoe and Ralph) are saying that the personnel needs to be upgraded.
                              Yeah there Motto is there always tryign to improve the team and that's what every team should look to do. You can never be complacent with your team.

Comment

Working...
                              X