PDA

View Full Version : Let's chill out, give Donahoe time

The_Philster
01-11-2004, 04:27 AM
By LEO ROTH, Democrat and Chronicle
When the week began, there were seven NFL head coaching jobs available and now only three remain. Those three slowpokes aren’t surprising.

Nobody wants to step into the Al Davis land mine in Oakland, and the Chicago Bears spent time in a failed bid to lure Nick Saban away from national co-champ LSU with bags full of cash. And in Buffalo, well, president and general manager Tom Donahoe is being his usual prodding and plodding self when it comes to making a decision....
more (http://www.democratandchronicle.com/sports/bills/01118A2TN4A_sports.shtml)

Sounds like Roth has been reading Mikey's posts. :chuckle:

Jan Reimers
01-11-2004, 06:27 AM
Thanks, Phil, great article. I'm willing to wait.

OpIv37
01-11-2004, 10:41 AM
Personally, I’d take a 78-years-young Marv Levy above all the candidates interviewed so far.

I agree with this 100%

Nighthawk
01-11-2004, 01:38 PM
Future, people...please get out of the past! Marv would not help this team...

helmetguy
01-11-2004, 09:14 PM
I beg to differ, as to Levy not helping this team. His HOF credentials carry considerable weight with players; in contrast to the "who is this guy? Who does he think he is (we are)?" credentials of a young upstart, media darling coordinator du jour. Parcells' credentials carried a lot of weight with Dallas; as did Jon Gruden's going into Tampa Bay last year. If you have a reputation for success, the players will be more apt to pay attention; rather than taking a wait-and-see approach.