PDA

View Full Version : New Coach? What's goin on here!

hemi13
01-11-2004, 08:14 AM
So here we all sit waiting for TD to announce our new coach. The longer TD takes on this matter the more worried I get. It looks like Jim Fassel won't be the man. He would have been hired by now. Most of the best coaches out there are now gone. I believe the Bills are going to hire Charlie Weis after New England is gone or wins the SB.

shelby
01-11-2004, 08:26 AM
i think you're exactly right.

The comfort level between Weis and Bledsoe seems to be a factor.

My question is, if Weis is hired as HC, will he give Gilbride the boot?
:pray:

casdhf
01-11-2004, 08:32 AM
I just hope he doesnt try and hold both positions.

hemi13
01-11-2004, 08:34 AM
Shelby - I would hope and PRAY that Gilbride would the first to go after Charlie is hired

don137
01-11-2004, 09:07 AM
My guess if Weis is the man he will pull one of his position coaches to be OC of the Bills offense...

shelby
01-11-2004, 09:11 AM
:up: That's a relief.:phew:

don, ready for some NASCAR?:snicker:

zone
01-11-2004, 10:03 AM
I was not to impressed with Weis's play calling ability last night, I mean how may line of scrimage passes can you actually do? A good D like tennesse figures that crap out and stuff's it. It even caused them a turnover. If it was not for NE D playing so big, and McNair in his wheel chair out there, and AV love of god field goal, the patriots would be where they belong today. At home!

hemi13
01-11-2004, 10:06 AM
Now Marv would be nice, but is he too old?

zone
01-11-2004, 10:11 AM
you could say the same thing about Vermiel or Gibbs or Reeves, or BP even.... It's just a nuber you could die just as easy at 55 as you could at 75, depends on when it's your team. Marv is rested up been gone for 6 years, he is dieng to coach agian and is hungry for a ring before his time is up. What better situation could there be. Everyone will make the argument "not long term" and all that, but what is anymore in this league. With FA in the state it is you have 3 years, or that's it.

zone
01-11-2004, 10:11 AM
when it's your time not team.. sorry still early

madness
01-11-2004, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by hemi13
So here we all sit waiting for TD to announce our new coach. The longer TD takes on this matter the more worried I get. It looks like Jim Fassel won't be the man. He would have been hired by now. Most of the best coaches out there are now gone. I believe the Bills are going to hire Charlie Weis after New England is gone or wins the SB.

I really would like for Fassel to humble himself and take the OC job in Buffalo. I still think he knows how to revive QB's. I believe this is the only hope for Bledsoe under Weis's control. Weis's system depends on the QB making quick decisions and getting rid of the ball. Fassel and Weis could learn from each other and I think they would have good chemisty together.

Only a wish, doubt it would come true.

hemi13
01-11-2004, 02:01 PM
Who know's what TD has in mind for our team. I'm not happy with some of the things he's done in Buffalo.

socalfan
01-11-2004, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by zone
I was not to impressed with Weis's play calling ability last night, I mean how may line of scrimage passes can you actually do? A good D like tennesse figures that crap out and stuff's it. It even caused them a turnover. If it was not for NE D playing so big, and McNair in his wheel chair out there, and AV love of god field goal, the patriots would be where they belong today. At home!

Yeah, luckily Crennel is still in the race as a HC.

Halbert
01-11-2004, 08:42 PM
Marv