PDA

View Full Version : The refs were homers in Saturday's games

don137
01-11-2004, 08:41 AM
I saw so many plays were the home teams were getting the benefit of the officiating in the Panthers-Rams and Titans-Patriots.

A couple of plays that really stand out is in the Panther-Rams game and the delay of game. The officials took way to much time to have ball spotted. The Panthers were at fault because they never watched the play clock but they said they never paid attention because the players took the same amount of time as all there FG tries after the ball was spotted. The officials should of reset the play clock when their error of taking too much time to position where the ball should be spotted and getting the K ball (kicking ball) set. The interference on 4th down that gave the Rams first down at the one instead of Panthers ball was also very suspect.

In the Patriots game that holding penalty against the Titans at the end of the game was very weak. That is a something that happens on every play and to call such a weak penalty is disturbing as a fan of the game.
There was more very homer calls but those stand out...
When the game is on the line the officials are becoming over officious jerks and homers....

Billsouth
01-11-2004, 08:53 AM
i didnt see as much of the pats-titans game so i cannot comment, but i definitely agree that the refs sucked in the panthers game

Mr. Miyagi
01-11-2004, 10:19 AM
Yes I also noticed. Especially the St. Louis game.

One question though:

On the Issac Bruce catch that was first ruled a completion due to a push-out, then overruled as an incomplete due to bobbling the ball, why wasn't a flag thrown in the first place? He was clearly pushed before he even caught the ball, that would've made it a pass interference, and it would've been 1st down spotted at the catch.

They should've given the completion to him due to that blown no-call.

BillsOwnAll
01-11-2004, 10:49 AM
i swaer.....pats pay the refs. you never see a penalty on the pats when the games on the line. then to holding on titans give me a break. not just that it happens EVERY game of the season for them. do any of you remember that texas/pats game??? that was the ibggest BS id EVER seen.

Ickybaluky
01-11-2004, 11:05 AM
The lament of the losers....

mybills
01-11-2004, 11:08 AM
You're right Don..that was called blocking, not holding. They were robbed right there! And Mr.M..he caught the ball with both feet in and it didn't move until he tried to catch his balance from being pushed. A few years ago when somebody asked me who my favorite team was, I sarcastically remarked, "The Zebra's"..they haven't changed much since!

Moulds80
01-11-2004, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by NE39

uh oh...tough guy here...hows the bandwagon...you got some room to stand on? :hang:

mybills
01-11-2004, 11:10 AM

you're in denial.

don137
01-11-2004, 11:18 AM

Funny, if the shoe was on the other foot and it was the Titans that had the lead and a BS holding call severely hurt them I am sure they would be a bigger revolt than the Boston Tea party...I was watching as an objective viewer. In fact, I hate the Titans more than the Pats...

pats-were-right
01-11-2004, 11:23 AM
You people are joking right? Titans got there share of calls - a couple of those "out of their a$$' catches, if ruled incomplete on the field, probably were not certain enough to be overturned on replay.

How about the extra timeout Tenn got (a la the Seahawks / Ravens game)?

The takedown you all cry about was right in front of the ref - please.

pats-were-right
01-11-2004, 11:26 AM
Funny, if the shoe was on the other foot and it was the Titans that had the lead and a BS holding call severely hurt them I am sure they would be a bigger revolt than the Boston Tea party...I was watching as an objective viewer. In fact, I hate the Titans more than the Pats...

You also don't mention the border line roughing the passer call on Seymour (he fell on McNair) that eventually led to a Titans TD in the first quarter.

Just because it happens early on doesn't mean they count any less.

Dozerdog
01-11-2004, 11:27 AM
Looked like great catches to me.

What extra time out?

They called aTO but the play was reviewed- so usually the refs will ask if they still want to take it or not.

Man you are a bit moody

The Spaz
01-11-2004, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by pats-were-right

You also don't mention the border line roughing the passer call on Seymour (he fell on McNair) that eventually led to a Titans TD in the first quarter.

Just because it happens early on doesn't mean they count any less.

The ball was gone he hit McNair had his arms around him and drove him to the ground that is a penalty...sorry.

imbondz
01-11-2004, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by don137
In fact, I hate the Titans more than the Pats...

:hi5:

mybills
01-11-2004, 11:32 AM
Help me out here Pats fans...This thread is about the zebras and their crappy officiating..so why are ya'll going on the defensive? :scratch:

Ickybaluky
01-11-2004, 11:42 AM
Denial? Hardly. Also, I've watched them since the early 70's, so I'm no bandwagon jumper.

However, it is always the losers that blame the refs, that is the facts. That was a tough, hard-nosed game that either team could have won. The Pats, in the end, were able to make the key play while the Titans weren't.

Both teams had opportunities in the game. The Pats won. Nothing more, nothing less.

mybills
01-11-2004, 11:48 AM
again...it's about the zebras...not the Pats. :rolleyes:

don137
01-11-2004, 11:56 AM
However, it is always the losers that blame the refs, that is the facts. .

Didn't the Panthers win yesterday? The officials favored the home teams. For the record I also feel the Panthers had the breaks when they played at home against the Cowboys last week but that had no bearing on the end result. I am calling it as an objective football fan and not a fan for or against either team.

Ickybaluky
01-11-2004, 12:02 PM
I understand. My point was, the losing team always is the one to blame the refs, the field or whatever.

Any football game has any number of plays that can go either way. After the game, one team usually can say "if only...".

In the end, it all evens out... And one team wins. That doesn't mean they didn't deserve it.

don137
01-11-2004, 12:14 PM
I never said the Pats didn't deserve to win nor is it there fault they were the beneficiary of the calls. I just stated I thought the home teams got the calls and the officials need to put the whistles away on very marginal calls and let the players decide the outcome. If it was a blatant hold I wouldn't have an issue...

Ickybaluky
01-11-2004, 12:22 PM
Very well, I guess I jumped the gun. I lumped you in with the "gave them the game" group.

don137
01-11-2004, 12:35 PM
No problem NE39. I know you are a very knowledgable poster and have provided some excellant insight from what is happening regarding the Pats players both past and present as well as the team...

billsfan_NOT!!
01-12-2004, 12:45 PM
I CAN'T AGREE WITH YOU GUYS MORE THE PATSIES ARE THE LUCKIEST TEAM I'VE EVER SEEN JUST BEFORE THAT BULLS**T HOLDING CALL THERE WAS THAT INTENTIONAL GROUNDING YA YA HE THREW THE BALL AWAY BUT NEAR THE END OF THE GAME LIKE THAT REALLY SUCKS THE REFS SHOULD LET THE PLAYERS DECIDE THE OUT COME OF THE GAME NOT THE REFS WHO DO IT VERY OFTEN FOR THE PATSIES , I TELL YOU ONE THING IF THAT WHERE BRADY THROWING THE BALL AWAY I CAN ALMOST GARANTEE THAT THEY WHEREN'T GOING TO THROW THE FLAG . I JUST HOPE THE COLTS BUT A MAJOR BUTT KICKING ON THEM ON SUNDAY !!

The Spaz
01-12-2004, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by billsfan_NOT!!
I CAN'T AGREE WITH YOU GUYS MORE THE PATSIES ARE THE LUCKIEST TEAM I'VE EVER SEEN JUST BEFORE THAT BULLS**T HOLDING CALL THERE WAS THAT INTENTIONAL GROUNDING YA YA HE THREW THE BALL AWAY BUT NEAR THE END OF THE GAME LIKE THAT REALLY SUCKS THE REFS SHOULD LET THE PLAYERS DECIDE THE OUT COME OF THE GAME NOT THE REFS WHO DO IT VERY OFTEN FOR THE PATSIES , I TELL YOU ONE THING IF THAT WHERE BRADY THROWING THE BALL AWAY I CAN ALMOST GARANTEE THAT THEY WHEREN'T GOING TO THROW THE FLAG . I JUST HOPE THE COLTS BUT A MAJOR BUTT KICKING ON THEM ON SUNDAY !!

I like the way you use the caps lock, it's very engaging.:up:

mybills
01-12-2004, 06:03 PM
:lol: I think I just went deaf. :snicker: