• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cordog
    eat, drink, and be merry
    • Apr 2003

To those who think we need an offensive minded HC

Look at the Colts. Tony Dungy is a "Defensive Minded" HC and his team has put up 79 points in two games. Goes to show even if your a Defensive minded coach, you can still have a great offense with the right people running it.
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

Well then we at least need a good O-Coordinator!:)

Comment

• Dozerdog
      In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
      • Jul 2002

LOL...Dungy's team didn't force a punt by the Chiefs all game...and he still won

Comment

• TigerJ
        • Jul 2002

Indianapolis was an offensive powerhouse before Dungy came. It was their defence that was a wreck. Today's game not withstanding, Dungy was brought in to fix what was broken and to leave alone what was working. This is the opposite of the situation in Buffalo where the defence has performed well, except for forcing turnovers and getting sacks, but the offence is badly broken. I Buffalo's management were to follow the same principle as Bill Polian in Indy, they would indeed bring in the offensive guy to fix what's broken and leave the D alone. I think your arguement is completely and utterly flawed, Cordog, and in essence supports the opposite conclusion.

If TD hires Dick Jauron, so be it, I will root for him and hope he does well, including bringing in the top notch OC he never managed to find in Chicago, but the approach that makes the most sense to me is to bring in the guy who can fix what's broke.
        I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Bert102176
          • Aug 2002

Dungy's Offense is very good and was there before he took over, the only thing he has done is brought the defense to life in Indy
          lets go BUFFALO lets go BUFFALO

Comment

• Bert102176
            • Aug 2002

oh see what Tiger said above, lol
            lets go BUFFALO lets go BUFFALO

Comment

• justasportsfan
              • Jul 2002

GW was offensive and so was Gilbride. So offensive that we fired one and other should go soon.
              sacrifice1
              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• socalfan
                Old Fogey from Cali
                • Feb 2003

Originally posted by Bert102176
                Dungy's Offense is very good and was there before he took over, the only thing he has done is brought the defense to life in Indy
                The Indy defense did not cause one punt today. And there were no QB sacks.

Comment

• cordog
                  eat, drink, and be merry
                  • Apr 2003

Originally posted by TigerJ
                  Indianapolis was an offensive powerhouse before Dungy came. It was their defence that was a wreck. Today's game not withstanding, Dungy was brought in to fix what was broken and to leave alone what was working. This is the opposite of the situation in Buffalo where the defence has performed well, except for forcing turnovers and getting sacks, but the offence is badly broken. I Buffalo's management were to follow the same principle as Bill Polian in Indy, they would indeed bring in the offensive guy to fix what's broken and leave the D alone. I think your arguement is completely and utterly flawed, Cordog, and in essence supports the opposite conclusion.

If TD hires Dick Jauron, so be it, I will root for him and hope he does well, including bringing in the top notch OC he never managed to find in Chicago, but the approach that makes the most sense to me is to bring in the guy who can fix what's broke.
                  No TigerJ you missed my argument. Some people here believe if we bring in a defensive minded coach, that the offense will not do anything. Watching the Colts and Baltimore where the strengths of their teams lie outside of the coach's "specialty", the offense or defense can be effective given the right person is running it.

Comment

• kgun12
                    • Jul 2002

But you still have t oscore some points. Our defense held opponets to less than 13 points per game, I think that should have been enough to win more than 6 games. Our D wasn't the problem, we need someone to get this offense to score points, just like Indy, we already have a D like Baltimore!
                    Retired Air Traffic Controller
                    USAF VETERAN
                    DAV

Comment

• HenryRules
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by kgun12
                      Our defense held opponets to less than 13 points per game,
                      Wha??

Comment

• cordog
                        eat, drink, and be merry
                        • Apr 2003

Originally posted by kgun12
                        But you still have t oscore some points. Our defense held opponets to less than 13 points per game, I think that should have been enough to win more than 6 games. Our D wasn't the problem, we need someone to get this offense to score points, just like Indy, we already have a D like Baltimore!
                        Oh I agree that we do need to fix the offense. Im just saying you dont have to bring in an Offensive HC to do that, you just need an effective coordinator. I hope we do hire a offensive style HC, hopefully Weis.

Comment

• Halbert
                          I'm Not Normal
                          • Jul 2002

Levy = SB

Comment

• cordog
                            eat, drink, and be merry
                            • Apr 2003

LEVY= 2 years then hes gone. I would rather take a shot with a young guy and hope we can go 3 years w/o looking for a new HC

Comment

• kgun12
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HenryRules

Wha??
                              Sorry 17.187. We still need to fix the offense. The D is solid!
                              Retired Air Traffic Controller
                              USAF VETERAN
                              DAV

Comment

Working...
                              X