• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WG
    Drew and Sam stole all my hair
    • Jul 2002

If Drew wasnt' being Superman...

...then we wouldn't be much better than last year.

The coaching staff can thank Donahoe that that trade worked out and can kiss Drew's feet for probably not causing the entire staff to get canned at the end of this year.

That's the lone bright spot that I can see on this team right now; Drew and the WRs/TEs. That's based largely on talent differential and not largely the play-calling which is suspect IMO.

Anytime your coaches talk up your RB and yet call the plays 27 pass to 6 run in the first half when you are either up or very much in the game, I have to scratch my head.
    Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

• Creemoredrinker
    Senior Zoner
    • Sep 2002

Boy You Really Took Too Many Negative Pills This Morning

Wys, we were beat by a very good team this past week and it is only 5 games. We will be 3-3 after next week and we will continue to work on improving the team.

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
      • Jul 2002

Here is a question for ya? Is it Drew that is improving the team or the team that is improving Drew? Or a little of both?

I think that they compliment each other. Drew came into a pretty good situation. Weapons galore.

Comment

• venis2k1
        Youboty can hope
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BillsFanOne
        Is it Drew that is improving the team or the team that is improving Drew?
        Thats the exact same thing my mom said(word of word).

Comment

• Buffarama
          Football-Sport of the Gods
          • Jul 2002

Drew is improving the team. That was too easy a question.

Comment

• Scott
            shelby's big brother
            • Jul 2002

Drew's impact has been large. But where the hell is the running game? With the roadgraters on our oline we should be able to run the ball.

Comment

• Buffarama
              Football-Sport of the Gods
              • Jul 2002

There have been no immediate improvements to the team besides Bledsoe, with the exception of Gilbride, then Williams and Wire, and Reed which are future. Without Bledsoe, the defense might be giving up 58 points a game.

Comment

• Wys Guy
                • Jul 2002

"Here is a question for ya? Is it Drew that is improving the team or the team that is improving Drew? Or a little of both?"

Well, it stands to reason that when your O improves, that your D certainly shouldn't get any worse. So unless you don't believe our O has improved over last year, which I think it is obvious that it has in spite of our running game having gotten far worse, then how do you explain the notion that our D in ALL facets has either stayed about the same, or in most cases has gotten FAR worse?

Sure, we got beaten by a good team on Sunday. We also gave up 49 points in what could have and probably should have been 70 or more.

We also LOST to the Jets, the laughing stock of the AFCE.

Just looking at things realistically 1/3 the way through the season and wondering where all the things that TD and the coaches said have gone!

If Drew weren't on this team and VP were the QB, we'd be 0-5 right now and the absolute worst team, including the Jets, in the league at or near the bottom in every category. VP could in no way have made this team work the way it is on O now.

Drew is standing between us and the scourge of the league. I'm putting quite a bit of this on the coaching! Let's just hope Drew doesn't get hurt, eh!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Wys Guy
                  • Jul 2002

Rushing:

Last year: 105.4 YPG

This year:

79.0 YPG w/ the Jets game factored in
                  63.3 YPG w/ the Jets game factored out

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Wys Guy
                    • Jul 2002

How could I be so blind?!

That's marvelous!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Lori
                      3 Bs: the Bills, the Bonnies, and Bacchus (hic)
                      • Jul 2002

OK, if you're going to factor in/out game-by-game, play-by-play, etc., then don't forget to factor out Rob Johnson's 241 rushing yards from last year's total. Or the fact that Peeless averaged 16.2 yards last year, and -7 so far this year. Or the fact that Travis Henry has improved from 3.4 to 4.1 ypc this year, while Shawn Bryson has gone from 4.3 to 2.7.

Last year, Bills RBs averaged 81.4 yards/game on 21.7 carries/game, or 3.8 ypc. This season, it's 19.4 RB carries/game, for 76.2 yards/game and 3.93 ypc (even with Bryson's lousy average).

That said, we're damnclose (both wins in OT) to being 0-5 WITH Drew. Without him, we'd be talking about who our #1 pick in next year's draft will be....just like this time last year. So yeah, I actually agree with you on that point.

Comment

• casdhf
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Lori
                        OK, if you're going to factor in/out game-by-game, play-by-play, etc., then don't forget to factor out Rob Johnson's 241 rushing yards from last year's total. Or the fact that Peeless averaged 16.2 yards last year, and -7 so far this year. Or the fact that Travis Henry has improved from 3.4 to 4.1 ypc this year, while Shawn Bryson has gone from 4.3 to 2.7.

Last year, Bills RBs averaged 81.4 yards/game on 21.7 carries/game, or 3.8 ypc. This season, it's 19.4 RB carries/game, for 76.2 yards/game and 3.93 ypc (even with Bryson's lousy average).

That said, we're damnclose (both wins in OT) to being 0-5 WITH Drew. Without him, we'd be talking about who our #1 pick in next year's draft will be....just like this time last year. So yeah, I actually agree with you on that point.
                        WYS:loblo:Lori
                        Last edited by casdhf; 10-08-2002, 12:28 PM.
                        Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                        cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• WCoastFin
                          I have the arms of a new born baby!
                          • Jul 2002

Wys its good to hear your thoughts on Bledsoe....He really hasnt made your team any better remember you still have to win 2 more games.....
                          We wanna see you spit now!!!lets face it we suck.

Comment

• lordofgun
                            in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Scott
                            Drew's impact has been large. But where the hell is the running game? With the roadgraters on our oline we should be able to run the ball.
                            The running game works when we stick with it. We simply don't run it enough.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• BillsNYC
                              Man of the People
                              • Jul 2002

cuz our qb is having success throwing the ball 400 yards a game...
                              Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                              X