PDA

View Full Version : Free Agent Wide Receivers and Tight Ends

Michael82
01-11-2004, 09:16 PM
Here's a list that I found in Pro Football Weekly! :D

Wide Receivers
Scotty Anderson - Detroit Lions (RFA)
Alex Bannister - Seattle Seahawks (RFA)
Reggie Barlow - Tampa Bay Buccaneers (UFA)
Michael Bates - Dallas Cowboys (UFA)
Drew Bennett - Tennessee Titans (RFA)
Eddie Berlin - Tennessee Titans (RFA)
Chris Cole - Denver Broncos (UFA)
Ron Dixon - NY Giants (UFA)
Chris Doering - Pittsburgh Steelers (UFA)
Kevin Dyson - Carolina Panthers (UFA)
Antonio Freeman - Green Bay Packers (UFA)
Bryan Gilmore - Arizona Cardinals (RFA)
Matthew Hatchette - Jacksonville Jaguars (UFA)
T.J. Houshmandzadeh - Cincinnati Bengals (RFA)
Darrell Jackson - Seattle Seahawks (UFA)
Shawn Jefferson - Detroit Lions (UFA)
Patrick Johnson - Washington Redskins (UFA)
Kevin Kasper - Arizona Cardinals (RFA)
Andre King - Cleveland Browns (RFA)
Michael Lewis - New Orleans Saints (RFA)
Darnerien McCants - Washington Redskins (RFA)
Justin McCareins - Tennessee Titans (RFA)
Dennis Northcutt - Cleveland Browns (UFA)
Terrell Owens - San Fransisco 49ers (UFA)
Marcus Robinson - Baltimore Ravens (UFA)
Steve Smith - Carolina Panthers (RFA)
J.J. Stokes - Jacksonville Jaguars (UFA)
Tai Streets - San Fransisco 49ers (UFA)
Kevin Swayne - NY Jets (RFA)
Dedric Ward - New England Patriots (UFA)
Dez White - Chicago Bears (UFA)
Alvis Whitted - Oakland Raiders (UFA)
Randal Williams - Dallas Cowboys (RFA)
Cedrick Wilson - San Fransisco 49ers (RFA)

Tight Ends
Fred Baxter - New England Patriots (UFA)
Sean Brewer - Atlanta Falcons (RFA)
Steve Bush - Arizona Cardinals (UFA)
Cameron Cleeland - St. Louis Rams (UFA)
Matt Cushing - Pittsburgh Steelers (UFA)
Joe Dean Davenport - Indianapolis Colts (RFA)
John Davis - Chicago Bears (UFA)
Jason Dunn - Kansas City Chiefs (UFA)
Jabari Holloway - Houston Texans (RFA)
Brian Jennings - San Fransisco 49ers (UFA)
Eric Johnson - San Fransisco 49ers (RFA)
John Jones - Baltimore Ravens (UFA)
Erron Kinney - Tennessee Titans (UFA)
Jim Kleinsasser - Minnesota Vikings (UFA)
Brian Kozlowski - Atlanta Falcons (UFA)
Mike Leach - Denver Broncos (UFA)
Kris Mangum - Carolina Panthers (UFA)
Brandon Manumaleuna - St. Louis Rams (RFA)
David Martin - Green Bay Packers (RFA)
Shad Meier - Tennessee Titans (RFA)
Rodrick Monroe - Cleveland Browns (UFA)
Walter Rasby - New Orleans Saints (UFA)
Marcellus Rivers - NY Giants (RFA)
O.J. Santiago - Oakland Raiders (UFA)
Tony Stewart - Cincinnati Bengals (RFA)
Wesley Walls - Green Bay Packers (UFA)
Jed Weaver - San Fransisco 49ers (UFA)
James Whalen - Dallas Cowboys (RFA)
Jermaine Wiggins - Carolina Panthers (UFA)
Boo Williams - New Orleans Saints (RFA)
Todd Yoder - Tampa Bay Buccaneers (UFA)
Joe Zelenka - Jacksonville Jaguars (UFA)

Michael82
01-11-2004, 09:16 PM
So, now the question is....who do you want? Is there anyone on this list that we should sign?

:feedback:

Tatonka
01-11-2004, 09:18 PM
justin mcareins is gonna be a solid player.

The Spaz
01-11-2004, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka

Very true but he is a RFA which would require us to give up some draft picks or some kind of compensation, right? Or does that mean they have the right to match any offer?

BADTHINGSMAN
01-11-2004, 10:02 PM
Darrell Jackson or Dennis Northcutt for some speed..

HenryRules
01-11-2004, 10:07 PM
Aside from Keyshawn, is anyone likely to be cut/shopped around for trade bait this offseason? Aside from Northcutt and Jackson, no one looks to appealing to me.

STAMPY
01-11-2004, 10:33 PM
northcut, jackson, freeman, smith, owens, mccarein

DraftBoy
01-11-2004, 10:37 PM
Jackson, Dixon, White, TO, Stokes, Freeman. My #1 wish would be Steve Smith who is an RFA but I highly doubt he leaves.

ShadowHawk7
01-11-2004, 10:37 PM
northcutt would be great, so we didn't have to use our first on a WR and still great sum solid talent.

cordog
01-11-2004, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by Winfield_26
My #1 wish would be Steve Smith who is an RFA but I highly doubt he leaves.

Same with me. Hes gonna command a good chunk of money

Bmax
01-11-2004, 11:27 PM
none of them .. this draft is the besat wr draft since moulds and harrison came out.. With the clayton from lsu coming out it just makes a great draft for wr stronger.

With the 13 th pick in the 2004 draft the Buffalo Bills select reggie williams wr university of washington-6-3 225-4.5. -40

Bmax

juice
01-12-2004, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by Bmax
none of them .. this draft is the besat wr draft since moulds and harrison came out.. With the clayton from lsu coming out it just makes a great draft for wr stronger.

With the 13 th pick in the 2004 draft the Buffalo Bills select reggie williams wr university of washington-6-3 225-4.5. -40

Bmax

4.5 40 isn't blazing any top 10 CB has that speed, Get a Playmaker opposite of Moulds, he and T.O. are best buddies. Could they co-exist? This offense needs a lot of attitude and to develope a personality. If you go with the big ticket you get attitude and explosiveness.

STAMPY
01-12-2004, 12:59 AM
to can't coexist with anybody... go with jackson... we need to upgrade our oline in draft

mypoorfriendme
01-12-2004, 01:15 AM
drew bennet would have a lot of bang for the buck, but aside from him, id like to see a reciever get selected in the second round or so considering the depth this year. maybe trade down in the first to get someone like lee evans, michael jenkins, or someone that slipped like clayton or williams

mypoorfriendme
01-12-2004, 01:16 AM
and remember, you dont even need to have an amazingly fast 40 time to be a big play threat

saviorbledsoe
01-12-2004, 05:54 AM
Originally posted by juice

4.5 40 isn't blazing any top 10 CB has that speed, Get a Playmaker opposite of Moulds, he and T.O. are best buddies. Could they co-exist? This offense needs a lot of attitude and to develope a personality. If you go with the big ticket you get attitude and explosiveness.

I agree. If TO and Moulds are friends than we should take a chance on TO for his attitude and fire that this offense desperately needs.

zone
01-12-2004, 06:15 AM
Dennis Northcutt - Cleveland Browns (UFA) Speed!
Terrell Owens - San Fransisco 49ers (UFA) I know, I know locker room cancer and all, but I just don't see anyone stoping a tandum of E.Moulds, and T.O. with reed in the slot. If you double one the other is covered man. Both of them will destroy man coverage.

Jan Reimers
01-12-2004, 07:05 AM
I think we pass on the free agent WRs - they are a combination of has beens, never-will-be's and head cases, with nary a big time playmaker amongst them.

I say we draft Rashaun Woods.

Jeff1220
01-12-2004, 08:52 AM
I wish we had TO this past season. He certainly would've put Gilbride in his place.

THATHURMANATOR
01-12-2004, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka

I agree. I would like for the bills to get him!

Voltron
01-12-2004, 09:21 AM
We don't have the $$$ to sign TO and keep EM AND fix our O line AND get a real pass rushing threat on the D Line.

To is not a good choice. He would hate it in Buffalo!

juice
01-12-2004, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by BuffaloBillsSTAMPEDE
to can't coexist with anybody... go with jackson... we need to upgrade our oline in draft

Do both, The offense is the big problem plus we need youth in the recieving corps. But you need a high impact playmaker who can get open and take any play the distance.

ublinkwescore
01-12-2004, 12:19 PM
How about Michael Lewis for a return game?

Drewpac
01-12-2004, 12:26 PM
JAckson, Northcutt, or Reggie Williams in the draft.

juice
01-12-2004, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by Voltron
We don't have the $$$ to sign TO and keep EM AND fix our O line AND get a real pass rushing threat on the D Line.

To is not a good choice. He would hate it in Buffalo!

TO cant demand top 3 numbers because of his baggage, yet he is confident of his abilities, Baggage issue, playing with another star, and incentives, TD haspulled off bigger miracles.

BADTHINGSMAN
01-12-2004, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by ublinkwescore
How about Michael Lewis for a return game?

Lewis I believe is an RFA..

Earthquake Enyart
01-12-2004, 01:35 PM
Garbage pile. Dez White is one of the worst receivers I have ever seen.

buffalofan72
01-12-2004, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by juice

4.5 isnt blazing, but the 6-3 225 is nice to go along with it.

juice
01-12-2004, 01:54 PM
Winslow can run a 4.5 from the TE position. yet you would still need someone to extend the defense so Moulds and Reed can come open underneath.

Bert102176
01-12-2004, 03:19 PM
If we could somehow sign TO I would like to draft Winslow Jr if he is there if he's not maybe an OL or DE

Michael82
02-13-2004, 05:59 PM
I edited my list and changed it to Free Agent WRs and TEs now, instead of FBs. I will have some new lists coming out soon. So, now I'm going to ask you guys again...which WRs and TEs interest you the most? Who would you like to see here? :feedback:

Bert102176
02-13-2004, 06:14 PM
northcut, jackson, freeman, owens are ones I think we should look at but as for the draft maybe Roy Williams if there, or Reggie Williams if there

Bert102176
02-13-2004, 06:16 PM
would have mentioned Fitzgerald but he wil be drafted way before the Bills pick at 13

HenryRules
02-13-2004, 08:14 PM
I'd like Kleinsasser at TE.

Michael82
02-13-2004, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by HenryRules
I'd like Kleinsasser at TE.

Me to! He'd be a great guy to have blocking for Henry and also catching the occasional pass.

The Spaz
02-13-2004, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by Mike32282

Me to! He'd be a great guy to have blocking for Henry and also catching the occasional pass.

I wouldn't mind him either and he can play FB as well.:up:

The Natrix
02-13-2004, 08:57 PM
I'm starting to think I would be ok with the lineup of Moulds, Shaw, Reed, Aiken, and Coleman. If the line solidifies, Willis is productive along with Henry, this WR group should be fine.

When it was Moulds, Price, Reed and a bunch of scrubs, most people agreed that it was a top five group, some even thought it was #1 or #2.

I have a hard time believing that taking away Price and adding Coleman and Shaw is a huge downgrade.

Moulds' injury problems were huge, too. I expect him at 100% come opening day.

A lot of people blame everything around Drew for his poor play. I think this "weak supporting cast" theory holds more water for the Wrs. Coaching has been addressed. Once the O-line is addressed, these Wrs will shine assuming Drew is competent.

I would be extremely concerned with the direction the team would be taking if TO was signed - Same thing with Jackson IF he was overpaid. It was about a 90 - 10 consensus that Price should not have been retained. So why should Jackson be brought in? If almost half of you believe that he is better than Price, then surely you don't believe he will come much cheaper, if at all, correct? Bringing in Jackson for the amount he is going to demand would be going against the theory of "we shouldn't invest a lot in Wrs #1 and #2". Jackson WILL demand a fairly large contract. Buffalo was 6-10 and Seattle was in the playoffs, so the idea of him wanting to come cheaper for a chance to play with a contender doesn't really have any merit.

I would be o.k. with Northcutt assuming he costs 2.3 million or less.

all of the rest of the UFAs are scrubs.