PDA

View Full Version : AFC title game will be real Super Bowl

The_Philster
01-12-2004, 05:06 AM
By Bob Matthews, Democrat and Chronicle
Super Bowl XXXVIII will crown this season’s NFL champion, but the title probably will be decided in Sunday’s AFC title showdown when the New England Patriots are host to the Indianapolis Colts.

The Patriots were the NFL’s best team in the regular season, and the Colts appear to be the best team in the postseason.

The wizards of odds in Las Vegas are looking sharp for listing the AFC as a 4-point favorite over the NFC in advance wagering on Super Bowl XXXVIII for the last few months. It is difficult to project NFC survivors Carolina or Philadelphia defeating AFC powerhouses Indianapolis or New England Feb. 1 in Houston....more (http://www.democratandchronicle.com/sports/general/0112FL2U2QI_sports.shtml)

mybills
01-14-2004, 08:48 AM
-->"The Patriots won 17-14 but had to hold off the Titans in the final minutes.

It was a typical victory for the <b>Patriots, who seldom look awesome</b> but almost always win."<--

Ain't that the truth! :snicker:

juice
01-14-2004, 09:04 AM
I would call NE a powerhouse, Indy an excellent "O" with a HOF kicker.

carybillsfan
01-14-2004, 09:18 AM
What a crock of crap, we all heard the same thing in superbowl 25, and back when New England won last time. A godd defense always seems to beat a good offense in the superbowl, Bal, NE, TB, NYG. Carolina can probably shutout NE and would hold INDY to under 20pts, INDY's D flat out sucks, NE's D is good but I don't think they'll stop Peyton and CAR's Def will stop Donovan then Peyton. Watch and see Panthers superbowl champs!!!

mybills
01-14-2004, 09:31 AM
of the last 4 teams, Carolina had the easiest schedule. I do think they'll beat Philly though..in a surprise win...but the Colts are gonna stomp on NE and Carolina. :up:

mybills
01-14-2004, 09:41 AM
or maybe not...

<b>Carolina running back Stephen Davis is questionable for the 2003 NFC Championship Game with a strained left quadriceps.</b>

carybillsfan
01-15-2004, 10:30 AM
It doesn't matter weather Davis plays or not Foster can carry the load, hell even goings could run through the eagles. I think Davis will sit out or be very limited. However defenses win chamionships the colts will beat the pats but won't beat the Fox and his awesome Panthers Defense!!! Pressure is all you need to beat Manning if you can knock him down a couple of times he gets rattled.

mybills
01-16-2004, 09:25 AM
He doesn't get knocked down too often with an OL like that. He usually has all day to throw the ball! ;)