PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Still ranks bills at 14

Bufftp
10-08-2002, 10:59 AM
ESPN Power Rankings (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/powerranking?season=2002&week=6)

It seems ESPN hasn't taken the loss to the raiders as hard as some around here.

14 Bills 2-3-0 Yeah, they're ahead of two teams with three wins, but the Bills are better than the Giants, Cardinals or Panthers.

venis2k1
10-08-2002, 11:04 AM
we are the kings of 2 win teams!!!!!!!!

Patrick76777
10-08-2002, 11:06 AM
We hung with the Raiders. Blow for Blow. We were about to take a 38-35 lead when it all came crashing down. It's not like we got our a$$es kicked. We're getting better.

venis2k1
10-08-2002, 11:08 AM
holy carp(yea thats right is said carp) the ravens are at 17. i thought they were supposed to be the worst team in the league.

jets at 28th: Chad Pennington looked pretty good for the Jets. But a loss is a loss and at 1-4, New York is basically done.(one down 2 to go)

casdhf
10-08-2002, 11:09 AM
Time to put together a win streak!

venis2k1
10-08-2002, 11:26 AM
Mort has us at 12 so :nana:

MissBuffalo
10-08-2002, 11:26 AM
Originally postd by Patrick76777
We hung with the Raiders. Blow for Blow. We were about to take a 38-35 lead when it all came crashing down. It's not like we got our a$$es kicked.

Too bad the Raider fans don't see it that way.
That's all I've been hearing this week, how the Raiders stomped on the Bills. Hum.,...looked pretty even to me for most of the game. So annoying. I wish......
:shelby:

:clap: Perfect idea Cash!!!!!!

NC-BILLS44
10-08-2002, 11:54 AM
We all know the real story. We will see how the gerital gang is doing, come December.

WG
10-08-2002, 12:03 PM
"We're getting better."

We are?

Our rushing game hasn't improved at all.
Our D was the worst it's been all year on Sunday giving up 49 points and lucky to have not given up way more.
We have no rush D.
Our pass D is sketchy. IMO due to extremely poor play-calling defensively. There's no other explanation for a pass D that was 13th last year and virtually the same, if not improved support up front.

STs is the only thing that has improved other than our passing game. We simply cannot rely on that passing game if we are going to continue to give yards as if we were conducting a wholesale auction.

I don't think we'll be among the top 20 in power polls by year's end. The only reason that we're in there at all is b/c of Drew and his keeping us in games. That's it. If Van Pelt were to start, we'd drop to 30th in no time.

BillsNYC
10-08-2002, 12:06 PM
if rob johnson was here we never would have made it to top 20. our defense can only get better..and when it does, we will be a force to recon with...i see our running game improving cuz teams are too scared of our passing game.

Earthquake Enyart
10-08-2002, 12:44 PM
At least the games are entertaining. That beats the hell out of last year. Next year TD fixes the D and we're on our way.

Patrick76777
10-08-2002, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by Wys Guy
"We're getting better."

We are?

Our rushing game hasn't improved at all.
Our D was the worst it's been all year on Sunday giving up 49 points and lucky to have not given up way more.
We have no rush D.
Our pass D is sketchy. IMO due to extremely poor play-calling defensively. There's no other explanation for a pass D that was 13th last year and virtually the same, if not improved support up front.

STs is the only thing that has improved other than our passing game. We simply cannot rely on that passing game if we are going to continue to give yards as if we were conducting a wholesale auction.

I don't think we'll be among the top 20 in power polls by year's end. The only reason that we're in there at all is b/c of Drew and his keeping us in games. That's it. If Van Pelt were to start, we'd drop to 30th in no time.

We just played the best team in the league.

We just finished a GRUELING portion of our schedule.
-Yes I said GRUELING
-The Jets were supposed to be one of the best teams in the league. When we played them, they were Superbowl contenders.
-The Vikes are a good team that got beat down and had their spirit broken by losing 3 very close teams. They were also dangerous when we played them. Plus Minn is tough place to play.
-The Broncos are a very tough team.
-The Bears maybe 2-3 but this is a team that was 13-3 last year and they were 2-1 with a tough loss before they played us. I also think playing 5 road games has had an effect.
-The Raiders are the best team in the league right now.

We’ve hung with every single one of these teams and won 2 games

We all knew that the first 5 were tough.

I saw predictions on this board for an 0-5 and 1-4 over the first 5.

Well we were able to get 2 wins and will get a 3rd this week.

When Miami loses to Denver and NE loses to GB this week, we will play Miami for first place in the AFC EAST next week.

We have one of the best offenses in the league.

We have games against Hou, Det and Cin all games that we should win easily,

We play KC, NYJ, SD, All games that we should be ABLE to win.

We play at home against NE (Drew’s going to go off) and Miami, which we have a shot to win.

Yes I think we’ll improve every week.

Patrick76777
10-08-2002, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by Wys Guy
If Van Pelt were to start, we'd drop to 30th in no time.

You’re the best……take the top QB off of every other team in the league and see what happens! 90% of the teams would nosedive.

BillsNYC
10-08-2002, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by Patrick76777

You’re the best……take the top QB off of every other team in the league and see what happens! 90% of the teams would nosedive.

outstanding point!