Mike Mularkey to be named the Head Coach today!?!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Michael82
    • Jul 2002

Mike Mularkey to be named the Head Coach today!?!?!

This is a bunch of Mularkey! Tom Donahoe strikes again, if this is true.

Also on Sunday, Pittsburgh Steelers offensive coordinator Mike Mularkey withdrew his name from consideration for the Raiders' job, which came as no surprise. Raiders insiders expect Mularkey to be named the Buffalo Bills' head coach today and he was never considered to be a serious candidate in Oakland.

• Patrick76777
    • Jul 2002

What's wrong with Mularkey?

Maybe he's the next big thing?

We don't know!
    Resign our own guys!

Comment

• Michael82
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Patrick76777

We don't know!
      True, but do you really want to try inexperience AGAIN!?!? IMO, this team should be a playoff team this year with the changes that will happen in FA. Do we want someone who is going to learn on the job and has no experience? Or wouldn't we be better off with someone who has been there before and wouldn't have to learn on the job? I'm just stumped!

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
        • May 2003

I have to admit, I know nothing about him. But, if the Bills are waiting on Weiss because they feel he is the best man for the job, I think it best to wait.

Comment

• Michael82
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TheGhostofJimKelly
          I have to admit, I know nothing about him. But, if the Bills are waiting on Weiss because they feel he is the best man for the job, I think it best to wait.
          It sounds like they aren't going to wait....

Comment

• Devin
            The Octagon
            • Apr 2003

Originally posted by TheGhostofJimKelly
            Yup.
            http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• Patrick76777
              • Jul 2002

I thought the same thing at first, but 3 years ago we all wanted the next big coordinator. Now we all want former coaches. It’s funny how it changes!

Nearly every great coach was at one time or another a coordinator!
              Resign our own guys!

Comment

• The Spaz
                • Mar 2003

All Head Coaches started out being being some kind of coodinator first. If it is Mularkey I am not going to judge until the season.

Comment

• zone
                  No, look. I do mind. The Dude minds.
                  • Oct 2003

I thought the same thing at first, but 3 years ago we all wanted the next big coordinator. Now we all want former coaches. It’s funny how it changes!

Nearly every great coach was at one time or another a coordinator!
                  So you are calling this guy the next big coordinator.... how did his offense do agian this year?
                  www.blzbus.com

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                    • Jul 2002

As I stated earlier my buddy in Pittsburgh said that he doesn't think he would make a good coach and that he was hoping that he would get fired from the steelers.

Comment

• Patrick76777
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by zone

So you are calling this guy the next big coordinator.... how did his offense do agian this year?

A. Very average this year but very good the 2 prior years.

B. I really don’t care! I was about to post this somewhere else, I don’t need my head coach to be a great O or D Coordinator. That is what he hires an O and D coordinator for! A head coach needs to make the right hires, know how to work with players, manage the game and know how to handle nearly every game day situation that could possibly pop up. He hires people to run the Offense and Defense.
                      Resign our own guys!

Comment

• Dozerdog
                        In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                        • Jul 2002

We don't know!
                        Originally posted by Mike32282
                        True, but do you really want to try inexperience AGAIN!?!? IMO, this team should be a playoff team this year with the changes that will happen in FA. Do we want someone who is going to learn on the job and has no experience? Or wouldn't we be better off with someone who has been there before and wouldn't have to learn on the job? I'm just stumped!
                        The only difference I see between MM and GW is that TD has seen the guy in action and worked with him. He knows what to expect.

That aside- I'd still wait on Weiss

Comment

• Tatonka
                          • Jul 2002

out of all the choices.. mularkey's picture makes him look like the best choice.
                          "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• LABillsFan
                            • Aug 2002

I don't know that much about him either, but I am tired of dipping into the familiar rather than the best available. Does anyone think MM is the best available? First TD drafts a guy the Steelers had their eye on, then GW brings in his buddies and ex players, then Lebeau, now MM? Come on, Pitt hasn't been that good, sure they had some decent years but coaches draft players, either they can't coach or can't evaluate. Tenn, chokes again. I'm tired of the Bills reverting back to the 80's. The city and the team need a winner and while TD may have to wait until after the SB to hire Weiss, then he should wait.

The staff pool won't be depleted by then if you realize Weiss is the Pat's OC, QB and Asst. HC.. All he has to do is use the current D staff for 1 year and then evaluate if he wants to keep them any longer. He can manage the Off and get an Asst. HC i.e. LeBeau to take some of the burden.
                            I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't repeat myself.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                              Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by Dozerdog
                              The only difference I see between MM and GW is that TD has seen the guy in action and worked with him. He knows what to expect.

That aside- I'd still wait on Weiss
                              I hope they don't hire Mularkey because I don't want people to curse out "MM" over the season.

Comment

Working...
                              X