PDA

View Full Version : Any word on Gray once LeBeau goes to Pittsburg

juice
01-12-2004, 12:27 PM
If Mularky comes to Buffalo You know LeBeau bolts for The Steelers DC position, Will the Bills give Gray the reigns outright? The new HC will have his hands full trying to correct Offenses problem might not be a good time shake up the "D", Winfield might take flight to somewhere with less Offensive issues. Just think of him in Mia. or Jets.

Michael82
01-12-2004, 12:29 PM
Why would u think that LeBeau is going to Pitt? He only had an interview...but they interviewed a bunch of DCs.

BADTHINGSMAN
01-12-2004, 12:33 PM
Miami will be in cap hell, hardly a chance of Winfield going there.. Miami will probably have to cut some players they really dont want to, unless alot of them restructure.. Even if Winfield leaves there are alot of good DB in FA that would fit in nicely..

BADTHINGSMAN
01-12-2004, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by Mike32282
Why would u think that LeBeau is going to Pitt? He only had an interview...but they interviewed a bunch of DCs.

I think LeBeau will stay in Buffalo, having a rookie HC (if its Mularkey) an assistant HC would be good to have..

juice
01-12-2004, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by Mike32282

I saw an article somewhere in which he seemed to be tickled pink by the whole idea, might have been Two Bills Drive link

Pride
01-12-2004, 01:19 PM
Hey, if we lose Winfield, that is like 2 birds with one stone!!

juice
01-12-2004, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by Pride
Hey, if we lose Winfield, that is like 2 birds with one stone!!

I dont think you would want him in the AFC-East with a Vendetta

Billzz
01-12-2004, 01:27 PM
Drew re-structures and we sign Winfield.

zone
01-12-2004, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by juice

Yea wouldn't want him picking off all those passes for the other teams like he did here.

On the Gray thing..... before LeBeau came to b-low are d was a joke so Gray having the d solo IMO is a mistake.

dj7190
01-12-2004, 01:31 PM
WE LIKE TO ANNOUCE BUFFALO BILL'S HEAD COACH MARV LEVY!:pray:

juice
01-12-2004, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by zone
Yea wouldn't want him picking off all those passes for the other teams like he did here.

On the Gray thing..... before LeBeau came to b-low are d was a joke so Gray having the d solo IMO is a mistake.

Before they bought LeBeau and all that talent, he worked with what he had, besides the corners was garbage and he might be the only way to keep key parts over the next couple of years.

juice
01-13-2004, 08:46 AM
I think we will loose Winfield and Clements in the next 2 seasons if Gray isn't retained.

juice
01-13-2004, 10:40 AM
I still think he's gone
I saw an article somewhere in which he seemed to be tickled pink by the whole idea, might have been Two Bills Drive link

Fat Tony
01-13-2004, 10:45 AM
Lebeau doesn't go anywhere until the new coach says so.

And I'd rather jettison Gray then LeBeau anyway

juice
01-13-2004, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by Fat Tony
Lebeau doesn't go anywhere until the new coach says so.

And I'd rather jettison Gray then LeBeau anyway

The Players Ass. says different, If Gray goes Winfield might also, I dont think we can pay Champ Bailey money.

The Spaz
01-13-2004, 11:27 AM
If he leaves because of Gray he's an ass.

juice
01-13-2004, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by The Spaz
If he leaves because of Gray he's an ass.

'Skins probably loose Bailey, I can see Gray and Winfield being welcomed by Greg and Joe Gibbs. They have cover D. Backs

Voltron
01-13-2004, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by zone

:rofl:

How true!

Listen; there are more CBs out on the FA market than you can shake a stick at. If we can't keep Winfield here then fine we get someone else. I think McGee did very well this past season. He even got a few picks! AW had more chances than McGee did this year and he can't catch the damn ball. He is a GREAT run stopper and can cover decent but he has stone hands at a position that is supposed to give you 1/4 of your turnovers. I would miss him no doubt but in today’s NFL of Free agency no one has any loyalty. Not the players, not management, not coaches and especially not owners. Just remember, The grass is always greener ;) .

juice
01-13-2004, 12:30 PM
McGee reminds me of Watson, deserves a shot but is not Primetime and I dont think we pay Bailey or Woodson type #s when we already have Winfield Plugged in. We may need to upgrade our coverage safety.

Voltron
01-13-2004, 12:48 PM
Watson couldn't hold McGee's Jock! (Are you thinking of Thomas?) McGee made some great plays and never had his head up his ass like Watson did so many times (how many pass interference penalties in one game?). He is a lot smarter than Watson and has ALOT more speed. Heck he is also faster than AW. He may have been going up against the #3 receiver but he always played the ball that I saw.

juice
01-13-2004, 12:55 PM
Give me a proven pair of corners, especially with our safety situation as is. It Would be nice to see McGee develope into a starter as of now You have to account for the loss of Winfield or paying him.

SABURZFAN
01-13-2004, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by silent_one
Miami will be in cap hell, hardly a chance of Winfield going there.. Miami will probably have to cut some players they really dont want to, unless alot of them restructure.. Even if Winfield leaves there are alot of good DB in FA that would fit in nicely..

i read somewhere that p.price is trying to get winfield to go to atlanta.

juice
01-13-2004, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by SABURZFAN
i read somewhere that p.price is trying to get winfield to go to atlanta.

Then next year I could see Clements testing the FA market, Better try to keep this group as is this year or you'll end up loosing your youth in the DB

The_Philster
01-13-2004, 04:16 PM
The Players Ass. says different, If Gray goes Winfield might also,

link please? I think the players know it was LeBeau's influence that caused most every big play on defense we had in 2003.

juice
01-13-2004, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by The_Philster
link please? I think the players know it was LeBeau's influence that caused most every big play on defense we had in 2003.

Posey was a non-factor and the blitz schemes didn't seem to cause the neccesary pressure in the begining of the season when McNabb and others picked our "D" apart.

The_Philster
01-13-2004, 06:02 PM
Posey being a non-factor in your mind is probably due to you expecting big sack numbers and stuff, am I right?

juice
01-13-2004, 06:30 PM
That was his specialty in Houston, and what was needed early to pull some of those close games out. That lack of pressure once again put us in last in turnovers.

juice
01-13-2004, 08:47 PM
Now that Mularkey is the one, I wonder if LeBeau wants to stay or go back to Blitzburgh?

The_Philster
01-13-2004, 08:49 PM
Now that Mularkey is the one, I wonder if LeBeau wants to stay or go back to Blitzburgh?

I'd like to think he'd wanna stay...he was a major reason this D ranked #2 and I think he'd like to continue his work here.

juice
01-14-2004, 08:31 AM
I didn't see the Blitz schemes causing other teams problems, could that be because he wasn't calling the plays. What kept Posey from getting into double digits in sacks?

Pride
01-14-2004, 11:05 AM

You kidding? I would love to have EMO go up against him one on one. Eric would be guaranteed a 200 yard day!

juice
01-14-2004, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Pride
You kidding? I would love to have EMO go up against him one on one. Eric would be guaranteed a 200 yard day!

Not if he has a cover safety backing him up. After this season there are no guarantees. Not even that Moulds will be the leading reciever.

madness
01-14-2004, 11:49 AM
I didn't see the Blitz schemes causing other teams problems, could that be because he wasn't calling the plays. What kept Posey from getting into double digits in sacks?

"I coordinated last year, but not completely. I think this would be a better situation," LeBeau told reporters at Steelers headquarters Tuesday. "I didn't call the game. I had input but didn't really call the game. That's the part of the game that I missed."
http://bengals.enquirer.com/2004/01/14/ben1lebeau.html?

I hope we bump him up to DC, would hate to lose him to Pittsburgh.

The_Philster
01-14-2004, 04:00 PM
I What kept Posey from getting into double digits in sacks?

He came from a 3-4 system into a 4-3. As an OLB in a 3-4, he was asked to rush the passer quite a bit. An SLB in the 4-3 isn't a pass rusher as often and, in fact, is put into coverage on the TE quite frequently. Surely you haven't forgotten Bryce Paup? :cynic:

juice
01-16-2004, 09:10 AM
Better get on the hotline to Gray and start making up. Hope this keeps Winfield in place.