PDA

View Full Version : Moulds/Owens could flourish

juice
01-12-2004, 12:51 PM
These guys could co-exist because Moulds isn't an ego-problem. Moulds sees how much harder it is to get open when he's the only option and knows he flourished with that deep threat last year. Plus these guys like each other. TO can get his through incentives, Moulds gets his through his franchise contract. The offense needs an offensive explosion not just a spark.

The Spaz
01-12-2004, 12:52 PM
I'm not even going to comment until that actually happens.

THATHURMANATOR
01-12-2004, 12:52 PM
TO would never want to come to Buffalo.

madness
01-12-2004, 12:57 PM
In fact I'm going to pretend this post didn't exist. Otherwise it might make me all warm and fuzzy inside.

juice
01-12-2004, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
TO would never want to come to Buffalo.

Never say never, TO might be tired of being "The Man" and should want to be "The Champion", besides Moulds has some influence and he knows this current core wont get it done, Reed MIGHT be a good #3rd option.

TypicalBill
01-12-2004, 01:04 PM
WR's

1)OWENS ------------> Mis-match

2)MOULDS ------------> All day

Slot) REED -----------> perfect for the slot

4) SHAW -----------> all day against the dime back / or safety

:drool:

The Spaz
01-12-2004, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by TypicalBill
WR's

1)OWENS

2)MOULDS

Slot) REED

4) SHAW

Thats' exactly why I don't want to get my hopes up.

juice
01-12-2004, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by TypicalBill
WR's

1)OWENS

2)MOULDS

Slot) REED

4) SHAW

Yeah and take some speedster that slips down to Rd. 2 or 3 for some youth.

JayWood
I would never get my hopes up but TO has always said that the one WR he would love to play next to is E Moulds. But then again Iam not getting my hopes up at all. We got to get a damn coach in here first

Billzz
Moulds and TO are friends just a FYI.

CWOUSARET
01-12-2004, 01:13 PM
Last year I saw an interview on espn with TO and he was asked, "Name one player to start at WR with you - whol would it be?" his answer, "Eric Moulds." The ESPN guy said, "Not Moss, not Key, you would choose Moulds?" TO replied, "He's the best receiver in the game - has the most complete game- except of me of course." They are close and it has been reported for more than a year that EM has talked with TO about coming to Bufffalo. If that happens then this is what I'd do - trade T.Henry for a proven OL guy - a big name, use our 2nd pick on the OL and use our 1st pick on Winslow - make McGahee our featured back - and then watchout NFL!!!!!!!!!!!!

juice
01-12-2004, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by CWOUSARET
Last year I saw an interview on espn with TO and he was asked, "Name one player to start at WR with you - whol would it be?" his answer, "Eric Moulds." The ESPN guy said, "Not Moss, not Key, you would choose Moulds?" TO replied, "He's the best receiver in the game - has the most complete game- except of me of course." They are close and it has been reported for more than a year that EM has talked with TO about coming to Bufffalo. If that happens then this is what I'd do - trade T.Henry for a proven OL guy - a big name, use our 2nd pick on the OL and use our 1st pick on Winslow - make McGahee our featured back - and then watchout NFL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looks good from a marketing pt of view but with the season Henry has had you could demand 2 is rd picks for him. NE Might bite on that one I think they have a couple.

zone
01-12-2004, 01:21 PM
You could never stop this tandum if one is doubled then the other is singled covered. Either or tears up man coverage. Plus reed is an unbeliable slot reciever. If this happened we would not be stoped. I heard that E.moulds even said he would take a pay cut to get TO here.

THATHURMANATOR
01-12-2004, 01:21 PM
Why would you trade Travis Henry?

Billzz
01-12-2004, 01:25 PM
Regardless of what everyone thinks we are a passing team. Also McGahee has good hands out of the backfield, go look up his stats from college on a pretty run oriented team.

Winslow/Moulds/McGahee/TO gives me wood.

juice
01-12-2004, 01:26 PM
Why would you trade Travis Henry?

Its a matter of haves and needs, The Bills have a 1st rd. draftee to replce Henry, The Bills need some sort of passing game to make to posteason.

Jeff1220
01-12-2004, 01:28 PM
T.O. has a lot of options, and he's going to go to whoever wants to pony up Moss-like money. Around here, all the fans are saying the Ravens are going to persue him hard (makes sense since they need a star WR and have $$). It sounds great, but I wouldn't bank on that type of a move by TD and Co.

THATHURMANATOR
01-12-2004, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by juice

Its a matter of haves and needs, The Bills have a 1st rd. draftee to replce Henry, The Bills need some sort of passing game to make to posteason.

Mcgahee has never played a down. There is no guarentee he will even a decent back in the NFL.

zone
01-12-2004, 01:35 PM
NO WAY WHOULD I TRADE HENRY!!! ARE YOU SMOKING CRACK! ANYONE WHO THINKS WE SHOULD NEEDS AN MRI STAT!

zone
01-12-2004, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by Jeff1220
T.O. has a lot of options, and he's going to go to whoever wants to pony up Moss-like money. Around here, all the fans are saying the Ravenas are going to persue him hard (makes sense since they need a star WR and have $$). It sounds great, but I wouldn't bank on that type of a move by TD and Co.

We will have to see, if TO comes here he knows he and eric have the best chance of playing huge of eachother. We have money.

juice
01-12-2004, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by Jeff1220
T.O. has a lot of options, and he's going to go to whoever wants to pony up Moss-like money. Around here, all the fans are saying the Ravens are going to persue him hard (makes sense since they need a star WR and have $$). It sounds great, but I wouldn't bank on that type of a move by TD and Co.

TO wont get Moss type #s and the Ravens also need a QB to throw whomever the ball.

Mr. Miyagi
01-12-2004, 01:54 PM
TO isn't going to leave if SF releases Garcia and keeps Rattay.

Mr. Miyagi
01-12-2004, 02:01 PM
Oh yeah, and as if Terrell Owens would want to play for Mularkey. :rolleyes:

juice
01-12-2004, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
TO isn't going to leave if SF releases Garcia and keeps Rattay.

What's the difference between the two they still need a run game.

Is that a done deal?

Voltron
01-12-2004, 02:54 PM
Sounds like a great idea but wqe have too many other needs at this point. We need some inside o line help, need a speed rushing DE, we need to either get back Winfield or pick up some one as good if not better, and we need to work on our punt return game. I just don't see us affording a TO contract along with Drews and E molds. We also have Gash that will be a FA this year again so we may need to find another FB. It would be sweet though :)

Voltron
01-12-2004, 02:55 PM
And we need to have room to resign a bunch of players next year including clements.

Bert102176
01-12-2004, 03:03 PM
I wan't TO here, but Trading Henry have you been sniffing someone ass

juice
01-12-2004, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by Voltron
And we need to have room to resign a bunch of players next year including clements.

If we lose Gray and or Winfield this year you wont resign clements next year. Unlike Winfield he gets interceptions. It comes down to the offense better produce next season or these "D" players will start to jump ship.

Voltron
01-12-2004, 03:16 PM

If we lose Gray and or Winfield this year you wont resign clements next year. Unlike Winfield he gets interceptions. It comes down to the offense better produce next season or these "D" players will start to jump ship.

Very good point. Most of the D guys seem to indiectly blame the Play calling at this point.

Getting back to the topic though I just don't see TO coming here for a smaller contract to be the number 1a, when he could go to the Ravens and be the #1 with a huge signing bonus.

BillsOverDolphins
01-12-2004, 03:19 PM
delete this thread...this is like telling a 5 year old there's no santa claus...

Devin
01-12-2004, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by CWOUSARET

Aside from trading Henry, I agree. (i posted about this 2 months ago) but I doubt it will happen therefore wont get my hopes up.

The_Philster
01-12-2004, 04:06 PM
Mcgahee has never played a down. There is no guarentee he will even a decent back in the NFL.

Well said...I've been saying this all season long. Henry is proven. McGahee isn't.

ublinkwescore
01-12-2004, 04:46 PM

Yeah, but would he like to play for Weis?

I think so.

RedEyE
01-12-2004, 05:09 PM
First of all the thought of trading Henry now is totally asinine. Second, I respect TO's abilitites as a receiver, but is a respect a word in that man's vocabulary other then when he's referring to himself. Third, SF wants high draft picks for him. Something we all know that TD isn't in love with parting with.

Owens is a "me" style player and IMO there is no room for that type of arrogance at One Bills Drive. Even if this far fetched idea formulized, it would be a matter of games before Owens' attitude polluted the Bills locker room. There is a reason the 49ers would even consider letting TO go. Think about that.

Reaching for TO is not smart football. Who's going to throw to him? Drew? He barely has enough time now to find the slot WR 5 yards directly in front of him.

I say N O to T O. You want a fast play maker that would upgrade the Bills WR team, then fine. Look heavily into this years thick ass draft, or into the thick line of WR FA in need of a contract. Preferrably I'd much rather see Dennis Northcutt playing along side Mouds. He would come a hell of a lot cheaper, and the Bills would still have enough left over to patch the shotty pass block of the OL. Dennis doesn't mind keeping his mouth shut either. He prefers to show his talents onthe field while all the while doing what is best for the team. Yelling, showboating around, and taking on the NFL office heads during "team time" is just not what this team needs right now.

TO is an unobtainable luxury item that the Bills do not need. Signing him wouldn't be smart football.

dj7190
01-12-2004, 05:14 PM
WHY EVERYBODY BLAMING IT ON THE OL WHEN ITS DREW W/ THE PROBLEM GET RID OF HIM KEEP TRAVIS & HOPEFULLY GET T.O. &Q.B. IN THE DRAFT.:bling:

madness
01-12-2004, 05:28 PM

Yeah, who would want to play for a coach who had two receivers over a 1000 yards in one year.

The Spaz
01-12-2004, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by madness23

Yeah, who would want to play for a coach who had two receivers over a 1000 yards in one year.

They did that in back to back years.

BillsOverDolphins
01-12-2004, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by madness23

over 1300:bf1:

helmetguy
01-12-2004, 07:23 PM
TO=subtraction by addition-Lousy attitude "ME" player, like that ******* in the Budweiser commercials.

BTW, Travis Henry is NOT expendable, under any circumstances, and especially not for draft picks!!!!

madness
01-12-2004, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz

They did that in back to back years.

..and ran the ball just as much as he passed the ball in his tenure at Pittsburgh. Who'd want this guy? What a bum. LOL

madness
01-12-2004, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by BillsOverDolphins
delete this thread...this is like telling a 5 year old there's no santa claus...

What?? Noooooooo!!!

juice
01-12-2004, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by helmetguy
TO=subtraction by addition-Lousy attitude "ME" player, like that ******* in the Budweiser commercials.

BTW, Travis Henry is NOT expendable, under any circumstances, and especially not for draft picks!!!!

That character was based on Keyshawn, TO is a superstar, top 3 reciever who wants to win. Brings intensity to your "O"

justasportsfan
01-12-2004, 07:57 PM

the Ravens also need a QB to throw whomever the ball. So do we.

helmetguy
01-12-2004, 08:39 PM
That character was based on Keyshawn, TO is a superstar, top 3 reciever who wants to win. Brings intensity to your "O"

Keyshawn, TO. Who cares? Both act like that guy in the commercial. Self-promoting loudmouth crybabies. They may be talented but, at the first sign of adversity, they'll be crying to the media and pointing fingers at everyone else BUT themselves. TO may be good, but not good enough to compensate for the divisiveness he brings with him. No thank you!

Bert102176
01-12-2004, 08:47 PM
no santa clause what you talkin about willis

juice
01-12-2004, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by helmetguy
Keyshawn, TO. Who cares? Both act like that guy in the commercial. Self-promoting loudmouth crybabies. They may be talented but, at the first sign of adversity, they'll be crying to the media and pointing fingers at everyone else BUT themselves. TO may be good, but not good enough to compensate for the divisiveness he brings with him. No thank you!

Maybe take another look at James Jett, Someone should have pointed a finger after the 3rd game of the season. Maybe some adjustments could have been made to stop this seasons freefall. Someone should have been held accountable, I bet TO would have called gilbride's game strategies and playcalling out.

helmetguy
01-12-2004, 09:10 PM
Maybe take another look at James Jett, Someone should have pointed a finger after the 3rd game of the season. Maybe some adjustments could have been made to stop this seasons freefall. Someone should have been held accountable, I bet TO would have called gilbride's game strategies and playcalling out.

What good does it do for a player to call out his team mates, coaches, etc. in the press? Yes, KG did need to change his philosophy and didn't. Do you REALLY think TO sounding off would have changed that? The guy sounds off when things aren't as bad as we had it. Imagine if he were here during that fiasco. His *****ing would have brought all kinds of the wrong publicity to this team. The last thing any team needs is a "locker room lawyer" spouting off and airing the team's dirty linen in public. Nothing indicates he's mature enough or man enough to just shut his pie hole and play.

juice
01-12-2004, 09:27 PM
One huge problem of this team is that it took the the coaches personality as its own. This Offense a year and a half ago was explosive and exciting and about top 3 in the league passing offense. Why after putting up record No.s would you all of a sudden change completly to a more consevative ground ball control offense. Blame it on TD for allowing the Haywire experiment but the offense turned too predictable. TO is the anti-Greg Williams. Gives Moulds the threat opposite of him and lets Bledsoe do what he does best, get down field. Any publicity is better than being the disappointments of the league.

helmetguy
01-12-2004, 09:38 PM
GW came in here mouthing off about a power running game, and TD delivered; bringing back Sam Gash the most notable indication of that. It was then up to KG to best utilize the personnel he had, not attempt to fit square pegs into round holes. In spite of the record numbers DB and company put up in the first half of 2002, it became readily apparent that Price would have cost too much to retain, and that , until the defense improved, there had to be some way to control the ball and take the pressure off the defense. We saw what happened.

You mentioned giving Jett another look. That would be fine, except that he has one route-fast and straight up the field. His hands leave a lot to be desired. There are plenty of decent, speedy receivers out there to be had, at considerably less money and personal baggage.

Food for thought. While Tom Brady isn't putting up gaudy numbers (good, but not eye-popping) NE has still run off 13 straight wins. It may not be sixty minutes of ESPN highlights, it's working. They ain't beating themselves.

juice
01-12-2004, 10:04 PM
So why not just Bring in another speed reciever instead of changing your whole offensive Philosophy. Has KG ever had a run oriented offense? Adjustments not complete restructuring might have been the move. If you become a run first ball control Offense you also eliminate your most Potent Weapon (EM) on first and second down. Playaction on first down is how Bledsoe made a living in NE and made Curtis Martin a hall of fame back.

juice
01-12-2004, 10:04 PM
So why not just Bring in another speed reciever instead of changing your whole offensive Philosophy. Has KG ever had a run oriented offense? Adjustments not complete restructuring might have been the move. If you become a run first ball control Offense you also eliminate your most Potent Weapon (EM) on first and second down. Playaction on first down is how Bledsoe made a living in NE and made Curtis Martin a hall of fame back.

helmetguy
01-12-2004, 10:21 PM
I agree with you about bringing in another speed receiver. Would have been real nice. However, we did have A. Brown and C. Coleman on the roster. Where were they? It's a given that KG is basically an evolutionary afterthought. Personally, I'm all for a balanced attack; balance from the standpoint that you can take advantage of defenses that don't defend the run very well, or take advantage of defenses with suspect secondaries. We had both opportunities this year and fail to capitalize on it. I was dumbfounded most of the season watching GW and KG let golden opportunities pass without even taking a shot at grabbing them. Frustrating as hell. Then again, that's what GW fired and will send KG packing soon after the new HC comes in. Until that happens, someone oughta ask the snapperhead KG what he was thinking!

juice
01-12-2004, 10:47 PM
At this point I feel like you might need to put Bledsoe in that 2 playmker set and try to sure up the line and put in new schemes and plays with a new OC. Screen passes to Henry and quick out patterns to Reed to take pressure off of the line and give ourselves two deep options. I agree with you that you have to custom gameplan for different defenses.

justasportsfan
01-13-2004, 08:32 AM
Wouldn't Weis be a better way to go if both TO and Moulds were here?

juice
01-13-2004, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by justasportsfan
Wouldn't Weis be a better way to go if both TO and Moulds were here?

I Dont know didn't Mularky satisfy twin threats for a few seasons in Pitts., Doesn't look like NE will falter unless Peyton proves he's the true league MVP. I would at least wait 'till next week to see who frees up.

juice
01-13-2004, 10:49 AM
The only Quickfix I can see with this team is to bring in a superstar reciever (TO) or two (Winslow), and truely upgrade weak points in O-line in draft and free agency. [$]

ublinkwescore
01-14-2004, 12:12 PM
I'd bring in TO if he were willing to come here for less to play across from Moulds, then in the draft, I'd get a QB, a DE, then the rest of my draft would be OL.

Bill Brasky
01-14-2004, 12:24 PM
I would not trade Henry... he has proven to be a competitor and one of the best backs in the league... plus he was one of only a few guys on the team that didn't pack it in towards the end. I would not trade him and take a gamble on McGahee being able to fill his shoes until I've seen him in action.

ublinkwescore
01-14-2004, 12:29 PM
I'd also keep Henry, but I'd cut some dead weight on the OL - like Pucillo.

Bill Brasky
01-14-2004, 12:32 PM
half of the OL is dead weight... it still amazes me how Travis was able to rack up as many yards as he did this year while 1)playing injured, 2)playing in a pass happy offense, and 3)behind that nightmare of a OL.

zone
01-14-2004, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by jfreeman
half of the OL is dead weight... it still amazes me how Travis was able to rack up as many yards as he did this year while 1)playing injured, 2)playing in a pass happy offense, and 3)behind that nightmare of a OL.

It amazes me that people around here think we should trade our best player!

zone
01-14-2004, 12:45 PM
here you can have MJ we don't need him anymore.

Bill Brasky
01-14-2004, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by zone
here you can have MJ we don't need him anymore.

HA!

HenryRules
01-14-2004, 05:16 PM
Walker, Williams, Faulk.

BillsOwnAll
01-14-2004, 05:26 PM
Yeah and take some speedster that slips down to Rd. 2 or 3 for some youth. atonio brown.

juice
01-14-2004, 06:11 PM
With SOME hands and plug him in to return punts before Clements seperates a shoulder
Originally posted by BillsOwnAll
atonio brown.

HenryRules
01-14-2004, 06:16 PM
With SOME hands and plug him in to return punts before Clements seperates a shoulder

Who was the last PR to get injured?

juice
01-14-2004, 06:22 PM
On the football field, High School, College, or Pro? You get killed on special teams especially the Punt Returner. 250 Lb projectiles tend to seperate shoulders. Besides Clements might covet your franchise tag next year. Why risk injury to your defensive playmaker.

HenryRules
01-14-2004, 06:30 PM
On the football field, High School, College, or Pro? You get killed on special teams especially the Punt Returner. 250 Lb projectiles tend to seperate shoulders. Besides Clements might covet your franchise tag next year. Why risk injury to your defensive playmaker.

Pro.

juice
01-14-2004, 06:46 PM
I Wonder why the whole league doesn't use their defensive starters on punt coverage, Ray Lewis must lack the footspeed. Primetime used it as a promotional tool then cashed in. Clements returning punts in meaningless games wasn't smart.

The_Philster
01-14-2004, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by HenryRules

Jason Sehorn, I believe, was injured on a PR in preseason of 98

HenryRules
01-14-2004, 06:54 PM
I Wonder why the whole league doesn't use their defensive starters on punt coverage, Ray Lewis must lack the footspeed. Primetime used it as a promotional tool then cashed in. Clements returning punts in meaningless games wasn't smart.

Still looking for a single player to be injured, eh?

Promotional tool then cashing in?? Deion was a punt returner for years ... not just a short little while.

So now we've gone from punt returning to punt coverage ... they're the same thing.

Teams often use specialists for a variety of reasons ... the most obvious provided in the name - it's a "specialty" and not all players can do it. Clements was our best PR so we used him there.

juice
01-14-2004, 07:26 PM
Still looking for a single player to be injured, eh?

Promotional tool then cashing in?? Deion was a punt returner for years ... not just a short little while.

So now we've gone from punt returning to punt coverage ... they're the same thing.

Teams often use specialists for a variety of reasons ... the most obvious provided in the name - it's a "specialty" and not all players can do it. Clements was our best PR so we used him there.

If Travis Henry was the best we should use him I guess, Vick will play Punt and Kickoff return.

HenryRules
01-14-2004, 07:52 PM

If Travis Henry was the best we should use him I guess, Vick will play Punt and Kickoff return.

Agree on Travis ... any position that dives in order to avoid being hit should not be a punt returner however.

juice
01-14-2004, 08:01 PM

Did Tony Dorsett end his career down in Denver on a kickoff or punt return?

HenryRules
01-14-2004, 08:05 PM

Did Tony Dorsett end his career down in Denver on a kickoff or punt return?

Did Michael Irvin end his catching a pass?

It's football ... injuries will happen once in a while. I'd rather not plan for the one in ten thousand odds though and play the 9999 out of 10000 better.

juice
01-15-2004, 02:46 PM
Did Moulds say something about TO on wnsa today? What's the word?