PDA

View Full Version : Moolarkey Quote of the Year

Mr. Cynical
01-12-2004, 09:25 PM
[Pittsburgh Live.com]

"I want to be a head coach," he said. "But I like what I do. Even if it comes down to that I am not successful as a coordinator and I have to take a step back at some point in my career to be a tight ends coach and that's how I end up coaching, I'm OK with that."

Oh yeah. Lots of confidence with this guy. I can see it now...

"I want to be in the playoffs, but if we go 3-13 and still have fun, I'm OK with that."

:rolleyes:

Tatonka
01-12-2004, 09:29 PM
hmm... a link would be nice..

Mr. Cynical
01-12-2004, 09:30 PM
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/tribune-review/sports/s_173679.html

There ya go sport.

Tatonka
01-12-2004, 09:30 PM
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/

great link. :rolleyes:

The Spaz
01-12-2004, 09:33 PM
"I feel good about (the interview)," he said. "I'm ready for (the job)."

Tatonka
01-12-2004, 09:34 PM
dude.. did mularkey bang your mom or something? you have a started about 10 worthless threads whining about a guy that is not even our coach yet..

get over it for a minute.. go take a nap or something.

The Spaz
01-12-2004, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
dude.. did mularkey bang your mom or something? you have a started about 10 worthless threads whining about a guy that is not even our coach yet..

get over it for a minute.. go take a nap or something.

Not only that but he keeps misspelling his name:lol:

Mr. Cynical
01-12-2004, 09:35 PM
Are you really that lame or did someone just pee in your wheaties today? The link I inserted goes RIGHT to the article. :rolleyes:

Mr. Cynical
01-12-2004, 09:36 PM
sar·casm ( P ) Pronunciation Key (särkzm)
n. A cutting, often ironic remark intended to wound.
A form of wit that is marked by the use of sarcastic language and is intended to make its victim the butt of contempt or ridicule.

Spaz - the dictionary is your friend. :D

Tatonka
01-12-2004, 09:36 PM
i typed that at the same time you posted your link... sport..

hey, i wanted to tell you.. i really think it is funny when you spell the guys name MOOlarkey.. just comical.. your splitting my side here.. i got an idea.. why dont you start another post about MOOlarkey..

:baby:

Mr. Cynical
01-12-2004, 09:38 PM
May want to look at my above post.....sport. If you don't get sarcasm I can't help you out.

The Spaz
01-12-2004, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by kal123
sar·casm ( P ) Pronunciation Key (särkzm)
n. A cutting, often ironic remark intended to wound.
A form of wit that is marked by the use of sarcastic language and is intended to make its victim the butt of contempt or ridicule.

Spaz - the dictionary is your friend. :D

Wow thanks for informing me of that I couldn't guess. I was ribbing on you.

Dozerdog
01-12-2004, 09:40 PM
OK folks- let's debate the Merrits (or lack of them) of Mularkey and refrain from the sophmoric nonsense.

Tatonka
May want to look at my above post.....sport. If you don't get sarcasm I can't help you out.

i just dont get bad jokes.. sorry sport. dont quit your day job.. if your old enough to work.

Mr. Cynical
You're very welcome Spaz. :D

(hint: this would also be considered sarcasm)

Tatonka
your right.. sorry..

your posts suck.

Mr. Cynical
01-12-2004, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
OK folks- let's debate the Merrits (or lack of them) of Mularkey and refrain from the sophmoric nonsense.

Agreed. Obviously my intent of posting the quote was to rip Mularkey, but it also was to show him to be a questionable leader.

Put it this way....would you *ever* hear Parcells say those words? Never.

Dozerdog
01-12-2004, 09:45 PM
Agreed. Obviously my intent of posting the quote was to rip Mularkey, but it also was to show him to be a questionable leader.

Parcells has a job.

I'd be interested in seeing what Bill's quotes were in 1982 when he didn't have a HC job

The Spaz
01-12-2004, 09:46 PM

How long has Parcells been a head coach? How long has Mularkey been a head coach?

Mr. Cynical
01-12-2004, 09:47 PM
Not the point spaz. I have no proof obviously but I truly doubt Parcells as an assistant ever said "I want to be a head coach but if I get demoted to line coach I'm ok with that." He is too competitive for that.

Dozerdog
01-12-2004, 09:49 PM
I'm not going to base any opinions on a guy because of some inconsequential quote.

Hey Kal- who's your choice for coach?

Mr. Cynical
01-12-2004, 09:52 PM
Parcells. ;)

There isn't a whole lot left.....TD screwed up big time by not pushing hard to get Lewis/Fox.....but at this point I'd say Weis...earlier I would have said Fassel...either would be better than Mularkey IMHO.

The Spaz
01-12-2004, 09:54 PM
Parcells. ;)

There isn't a whole lot left.....TD screwed up big time by not pushing hard to get Lewis/Fox.....but at this point I'd say Weis...earlier I would have said Fassel...either would be better than Mularkey IMHO.

You do know that Fox was almost past over by the Panthers don't you he was liek 3rd on their list. It just goes to show you that sometimes you get lucky.

Mr. Cynical
01-12-2004, 09:56 PM
I won't argue that. Bills *could* get lucky with MM, but I think the probability is alot lower than Fox or Lewis was. I think the Bills have alot more chance of striking it rick with Weis.