PDA

View Full Version : Bills' Assistants in Limbo

The_Philster
01-13-2004, 03:08 AM
By Nunyo Demasio, Washington Post
The Washington-based NFL Coaches Association has sent a letter to Buffalo Bills owner Ralph Wilson and Commissioner Paul Tagliabue asking the club to immediately make a decision on the fate of the coaching staff of fired head coach Gregg Williams.

The letter's intent is for the Bills to either release the remaining staff members from their contracts or guarantee the coaches will be retained for next season.

The matter will have an impact on the makeup of Washington Redskins Coach Joe Gibbs's new staff. ...

more (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A11483-2004Jan12.html)

Historian
01-13-2004, 05:27 AM
If I were Ralph, I would tell them that its my perrogative to run my team into the ground, and my perrogative to drag it out as long as I wish!

mybills
01-13-2004, 06:22 AM
lol Billsology

don137
01-13-2004, 07:17 AM
Personally, I think the grievance by the coaches association is crazy. The league has a rule that you can't talk to potential candidates while there team is in the playoffs yet they want to force Buffalo to make a decision? This make no sense what so ever. Once all the cards are on the table and Buffalo can talk to whomever they want then a grievance MAY be justified if it was prolonged and it inhibited them from finding employment but to tell Buffalo they have to make a decision before they can talk to potential candidates is senseless.

mchurchfie
01-13-2004, 09:55 AM
Thats bull:angry:, why are they doing this?

lordofgun
01-13-2004, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by mchurchfie
Thats bull:angry:, why are they doing this?

Because it's Daniel Snyder.

The Spaz
01-13-2004, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by lordofgun

Because it's Daniel Snyder.

That all you need to say right there. He has been feasting on the Jets and now he has a reason to try and tick us off!Snyder:sukrpnch: Spaz

juice
01-13-2004, 10:33 AM
The season isn't over.

Jan Reimers
01-13-2004, 10:57 AM
In the new world, a contract is only binding when you want it to be.

Mr. Miyagi
01-13-2004, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by don137
Personally, I think the grievance by the coaches association is crazy. The league has a rule that you can't talk to potential candidates while there team is in the playoffs yet they want to force Buffalo to make a decision? This make no sense what so ever. Once all the cards are on the table and Buffalo can talk to whomever they want then a grievance MAY be justified if it was prolonged and it inhibited them from finding employment but to tell Buffalo they have to make a decision before they can talk to potential candidates is senseless.
:bf1:

Thailog80
01-13-2004, 11:14 AM
Whats ridiculous is that we cant interview playoff teams coaches anymore but we can be pressured to do something with ours? Where's with the double standard NFL?

Devin
01-13-2004, 11:34 AM
cause Gregg is bitter.