PDA

View Full Version : Marino returns to Dolphins as senior VP of football operations

Gunzlingr
01-13-2004, 07:20 AM
Dan Marino's quest for a Super Bowl ring has begun anew.

In one of the most stunning moves in H. Wayne Huizenga's 10-year ownership of the Dolphins, Marino was hired Monday as senior vice president of football operations.

The legendary ex-quarterback will report directly to Huizenga while overseeing coaches and front office members, which include newly named general manager Rick Spielman.

Marino will not have final say over personnel decisions, as that belongs to Spielman, or whether Dave Wannstedt will return as coach following the next season.

But Marino's opinion will carry considerable weight with Huizenga as he makes the transition to becoming an NFL executive after spending four years as a television analyst.

"It brings a different set of eyes," said Marino, whose exact duties are still being defined. "I played for 17 years, so I see things from a different perspective."

more (http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/sfl-dolphins13jan13,0,7789608.story?coll=sfla-sports-front)

SABURZFAN
01-13-2004, 12:56 PM
this move doesn't make sense unless marino is going to buy the team.i've heard rumors that that may be a possibility so i guess we'll have to wait and see.