PDA

View Full Version : It’s all so clear to me now! And I’ve made my choice!

Patrick76777
01-13-2004, 08:49 AM
It’s Charlie Weis!

I have little doubt at this point in time.

Let’s look at the facts, TD interviewed 7 guys right off the bat and then he said he was done. But he has yet to make a move. Even though 5 of the 7 guys interviewed are free for the taking! Why would be wait to grab one of these guys? He wouldn’t he’d make the move.

So what does that leave? The Patriot assistants and from what we hear Weis is the one with a leg up. He has an offensive background, we hear that he’s good with players, he has Bledsoe experience, for the last 3 years he has put up very good offensive numbers with very average offensive talent.

I think we can’t see the forest for the trees! TD’s waiting for the Pats to lose. If NE losses on Sunday, Weis would be hired on Monday morning, mark my word.

And if the Patriots win and go to the Superbowl, we’ll hear this argument, “We’ll lose out on all the great asst. coaching candidates!”

Well to that, I point to a great move by TD. He signed his assistants to extensions last year as you all know. Therefore the rest of the coaches can’t go anywhere until after next season (unless they get a Promotion). However Jerry Grey can not get a promotion unless he gets hired as a head coach or an assistant head coach and it doesn’t appear as that is going to happen. So we basically have our entire defensive coaching staff in place! A defensive coaching staff mind you (even though some people refuse to accept it) that had the number 2 defense in yards and the number 5 defense in points allowed. As for offensive coordinator, although I’m not familiar with the Patriots coaching staff, I’d have to believe that Weis would be interested in bringing one of his current Patriot offensive assistants over to be the OC. And if not, there are still a ton of guys out there ready to be an OC!

I’ll wait for Weis, I think this guy will be a very good coach! And I’d hate to settle for a lesser candidate just so we can get a 2 week jump on hiring an Offensive coordinator.

I truly feel that this is going to happen. Granted I’m not Brian H but this all just seems so clear to me now!

Let’s go Colts!

Ð
01-13-2004, 08:51 AM
Yep, where's Brian H when we need him ?

lordofgun
01-13-2004, 09:12 AM
Plus Weis has man boobs. It's consistent with Ralph's former coaches.

Patrick76777
01-13-2004, 09:18 AM
Actually a very large portion of men have man boobs nowadays!

I hear breast reduction is the number one cosmetic surgery among men!

Michael82
01-13-2004, 09:24 AM
However, IF the Patriots win....ALL BETS ARE OFF!!! The Bills would have to wait until February 2nd and I think TD will get nervous and just end up hiring Mularkey next week.

lordofgun
01-13-2004, 09:25 AM
One thing to keep in mind: Weis can't just promote someone on the NE staff to OC. NE would have to allow permission, and I don't see why they would.

Still, I agree with you that it's best to get the right guy, not the convenient guy.

Patrick76777
01-13-2004, 09:31 AM
Mike, they're not going to worry and panic! they're waiting for Weis

LOG, I'm nearly 100% sure that if Weis wants to grab the NE RB or QB coach and make him his OC he can do that and the Pats can't say a thing!

lordofgun
01-13-2004, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by Patrick76777
LOG, I'm nearly 100% sure that if Weis wants to grab the NE RB or QB coach and make him his OC he can do that and the Pats can't say a thing!

Actually, the NFL has instituteda new rule that basically says that's only true if you're going to make someone a head coach. The other team has to grant permission for every other position.

Devin
01-13-2004, 09:35 AM
I hope this is this case, I had written it off to TD being overly cautious, but ESPN and ESPN Insider are heavily favoring Mularkey at this point. So im not sure.

But hey I hope your right.

Patrick76777
01-13-2004, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by lordofgun

Actually, that's only true if you're going to make someone a head coach. The other team has to grant permission for every other position.

We need someone to rule on this!

Patrick76777
01-13-2004, 09:39 AM
Now that I think about it, you may be right!

lordofgun
01-13-2004, 09:39 AM
Williams, whom Gibbs named defensive coordinator shortly after his hiring by the Redskins, wants to hire most of his former staff. But they are in limbo because of the NFL rule that allows teams to block the movements of assistants under contract. Even if a head coach has been fired, the assistants he hired aren't necessarily free to leave.

Until 2002, assistants were allowed to depart for promotions. But the contingency was extinguished largely because phony titles were used to circumvent the rule.

Buffalo has denied teams permission to contact most of its assistants so that the new head coach can make a decision on whether to retain them. The three finalists to replace Williams are Dick Jauron, Mike Mularkey and Charlie Weis. The Bills reportedly are likely to make a decision this week.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A11483-2004Jan12.html

Michael82
01-13-2004, 10:01 AM
Now that I think about it, you may be right!

LOG is right. And the big question is...do you honestly think that Bill Belichick would want to give up his OC and one or two of his position coaches? that would hurt the team.

Patrick76777
01-13-2004, 10:03 AM
I'm still not worried about it, he'll find some good coaches out there!

Turf
01-13-2004, 10:03 AM
Is there any reason they can't name Weiss head coach before NE exits the playoffs?

lordofgun
01-13-2004, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by Travis Hunter
Is there any reason they can't name Weiss head coach before NE exits the playoffs?

Yes. I don't believe it's allowed by the league.

carybillsfan
01-13-2004, 10:05 AM
I totally agree it has to be weis and I think its a great choice. Maybe its me but doesn't weis look like the twin of actor/comedian Billy Gardell

The Spaz
01-13-2004, 10:05 AM
Yes there still in the playoffs why would they let Weiss be named coach when he still has game planning to do for the Patriots. The Patriots want Weiss to give full attention to there team they can give a rats arse about the Buffalo Bills at this point.

lordofgun
01-13-2004, 10:09 AM
You're the man, Pat!

Mr. Miyagi
01-13-2004, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by Mike32282
do you honestly think that Bill Belichick would want to give up his OC and one or two of his position coaches? that would hurt the team.
I don't care what Belichick wants or doesn't want. He HAS TO according to NFL policies.

LABillsFan
01-13-2004, 10:31 AM
Wasn't he a child actor?

Fat Tony
01-13-2004, 10:37 AM
http://www.homefrontmagazine.com/images/beaver.jpghttp://www.pridemobility.com/satisfaction/CharlieWeis.jpg
If they hire Weis- I'm going to call him "The Beaver"[

Ebenezer
01-13-2004, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by lordofgun
Yes. I don't believe it's allowed by the league.

It's the Wannstedt rule..goes back to when Wanny was hired by Chicago before one of the Bills/Boys SBs.

Michael82
01-13-2004, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
I don't care what Belichick wants or doesn't want. He HAS TO according to NFL policies.

He ONLY has to give up Charlie Weis. The assistants only get to go if Belichick lets them get interviewed.

hemi13
01-13-2004, 02:36 PM
I DON'T HAVE MAN BOOBS

lordofgun
01-13-2004, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by Mike32282
He ONLY has to give up Charlie Weis. The assistants only get to go if Belichick lets them get interviewed.

Exactly! When will people get this through their thick asian skulls?

Patrick76777
01-13-2004, 02:43 PM
As long as we don’t hire an Asian as our next coach, those guys just don’t think so well, But they sure can play Ping Pong!

TigerJ
01-13-2004, 05:21 PM
Norm Chow would make a good OC, Patrick.

I agree, that the longer it is before the announcement is made the higher the odds that it is Charlie Weis.

Patrick76777
01-14-2004, 07:40 AM
Or it could be Mularky! I don’t know!

The Spaz
01-14-2004, 07:42 AM
Or it could be Mularky! I don’t know!

:lol: