PDA

View Full Version : I've had enough of Biron.

Earthquake Enyart
01-13-2004, 10:01 AM
He's a nice guy. A decent enough goaltender and good citizen. But that first goal last night is a perfect example of how he will never be an elite goalie in this league. He makes at least a dozen bonehead plays with the puck or getting himself waaay out of position every year. He drives me nuts. He can stay as backup, but that's it. I've had enough.

Ð
01-13-2004, 10:04 AM
Yep, and Miller isn't much better.

JD
01-13-2004, 10:12 AM
Biron, Noronen, Miller for Hasek

:lol!:

mchurchfie
01-13-2004, 10:24 AM
Hasek isn't as good anymore but the one thing that he had that was never really appreciated was command of what was going on in his own end. He had good rink generalship when it came to directing his defense to get in the best position and getting the puck out of his own ened.....though his puckhandling decisions were suspect at times. Biron is always good to mishandle the puck 2-5 times a game and keeps things interesting, which usually costs them at least one goal per game.:down: Linde should call a timeout the next time he does that, peel his ass and then bench him in front of everyone...but of course, he won't because he sucks too and none of the players listen to him anyways.:idunno:

JD
01-13-2004, 10:26 AM
True dat!

SabreEleven
01-13-2004, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
He's a nice guy. A decent enough goaltender and good citizen. But that first goal last night is a perfect example of how he will never be an elite goalie in this league. He makes at least a dozen bonehead plays with the puck or getting himself waaay out of position every year. He drives me nuts. He can stay as backup, but that's it. I've had enough.

It wasn't his best play, but to his credit he is playing better than he was playing at the beginning of the year. Which really isn't saying much.

Twistmyarm
01-13-2004, 12:39 PM

I wouldn't take back Hasek on a bet, he's all washed up and couldn't make it through a whole season with his groin the way it is!

Earthquake Enyart
01-13-2004, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by Sabre11
It wasn't his best play, but to his credit he is playing better than he was playing at the beginning of the year. Which really isn't saying much.

He makes at least one play like that about every other game. He's a bonehead, but a nice guy.

SABURZFAN
01-13-2004, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by JD SabreFan

:lol!:

hasek's best days are way behind him.it was great when we had him and it would be senseless to bring him back.miller needs the ice time and rochester is the best place for him.i think it's too early to throw him under the bus.miller is the future in buffalo.i think he can be a good goaltender in the NHL.

pyrrhonist
01-13-2004, 01:23 PM
Hasek is no miracle-worker anymore. I don't think even he could save us.

On a related note, the Blues placed G Brent Johnson on waivers.........anyone think we could use him?

SkateZilla
01-13-2004, 02:08 PM
noronen should start tonite.

Rude American
01-14-2004, 07:45 AM
Hasn't Noronen emerged as the starter? The night I saw him play he looked really good. Clump and Eb, however, looked a little slow that night! :D

Thank goodness I'm a Leaf fan.

Rude American
01-14-2004, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by Ð
Yep, and Miller isn't much better.

Miller is just a kid. Give him time.

I'm predicting the next true great American player will be Montoya. He'll be the the greatest US-born goalie ever.

Just a prediction, that's all.

Myers57
01-14-2004, 11:03 AM
Noronen is back and back to his old great play although he did look a little rusty in the first period. Marty did not play too bad during his stretch, he won a few game for the Sabres and he played bad in others. Marty suffers more from inconsistency than Mika does...

All hail number 35!!!

Patrick76777
01-14-2004, 11:06 AM
Mika is playing like a mad man! Keep it up.