I am so tired of Mike Robi and Jim Kelley..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mchurchfie
    • Jul 2002

I am so tired of Mike Robi and Jim Kelley..

sticking up for Lindy Ruff. The players continually make the same mistakes time in and time out and nothing ever gets done to correct it. I have never seen such a comedy of errors when it comes to trying to clear a puck out of their own end...and this has been going on for years. Last night against Boston, Talinder had the puck in his own end right behind the goalie...he had a man 10 feet away from him that he could have passed it to and that player had plenty of time and ice to skate or pass it out. Instead, Talinder whips it around the boards to the defensive man pinching in, puts it right on the tape and eventually it ended up being the winning goal within seconds.:angry: This type of thing goes on repeatedly and nothing is done to correct it. Robi and Kelley continually stick up for Ruff and blame the players. The players NEED to be corrected and NEED to be shown the correct way to clear a puck which starts with coaching. If I am Ruff, Talinder is going to be doing 300 passes behind his net to another player today in practice until he gets it through his thick noggin the correct way to get a puck out of your own end....you don't just blindly whip it around the boards. Ruff has the best gig in town. We are on our way to missing the playoffs for a 3rd or 4th year and he is never held accountable. His coaching style is the same way he was as a player...bland, boring, and unremarkable. Last night The Sabres went into their usual defensive shell after they got the lead and all of their little miscues in handling and clearing the puck out of their own end cost them the game. But obviously Ruff doesn't get it because here is what he had to say as quoted in The Buffalo Paper...

"We played a pretty damn solid game," Sabres coach Lindy Ruff said. "We didn't give up a lot. In the end, we needed a save and we missed three, four great opportunities in the third period where we hit goal posts. (Miroslav) Satan hit it, (Daniel) Briere hit it. Jochen (Hecht) hit the post. Miro's staring at an open net.

"They shoot a Hail Mary that somehow goes through and goes in. We make a great play and hit the goal post."

Just another bunch of bull**** excuses. This team will never get any better with him. The players have little regard for him and he has overstayed his welcome. I hope they ship him and Regier down the road soon...a change would be refreshing and good for all parties involved
    My Band
    daveviterna.com

• Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

I listened to the game last night while cleaning out the driveway...I know RJ is a homer but it sounded like the refs were doing everything possible inthe 2nd and 3rd to ensure Boston had a chance to win that game.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• The Spaz
      • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Ebenezer
      I listened to the game last night while cleaning out the driveway...I know RJ is a homer but it sounded like the refs were doing everything possible inthe 2nd and 3rd to ensure Boston had a chance to win that game.
      This is very true it seemed because it was Cam Neely night they weren't going to let the Bruins lose. I know the Sabres blie a 3-1 lead but the REfs were absolute on the Sabres arse all night long.

Comment

• mchurchfie
        • Jul 2002

Absolutely! Twice a Boston player blatantly punched one of our players. Our player ended up on the ice and took the punch like the good soldier without retaliating but the refs gave them both a penalty.:angry: That was such a crock of bull****...I guess seeing that it was "Cam Neely Night" the refs wanted to make sure they won to please the crowd.
        My Band
        daveviterna.com

Comment

• mchurchfie
          • Jul 2002

Oh yeah, and Lindy never said a word about it. he just stood there with that stupid smirk on his face.
          My Band
          daveviterna.com

Comment

• Ebenezer
            Give me a minute...
            • Jul 2002

I still say we don't get calls because of her persistant whining about the officiating.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Sabre11
              • Aug 2002

Originally posted by Ebenezer
              RJ might be a homer, but I get CenterIce for the first time this year and can tell you this for certain. He is NOT the biggest homer on TV. Everybody is so boring compared to him.

Comment

Working...
              X