PDA

View Full Version : Great Article!

lordofgun
10-08-2002, 01:24 PM
There was pride in the Bills defenses dating back to 1960 when the franchise was born. Forty years after it happened, people still talk about the hit Stratton put on Keith Lincoln of the San Diego Chargers. They remember Cornelius Bennett’s first game when he terrorized the Broncos. Memories of Bruce Smith charging in, recording sack after sack during his Bills career. Bills fans remember promises made – and promises kept - as the defenses came up with interceptions, fumble recoveries, and hard hits that had opponents running for cover.

Why even the looks on their faces punished the opponents. Those great Bills defenses would go out intending to knock the teeth out of the opponents who would then have only memories of what corn on the cob tasted like.

That was then – this is now. Many fans are now looking at the Bills defense and likening them to guys like Walt Patulski, Tom Ruud, Al Cowlings, Doug Allen, Dee Hardison, Phil Dokes and others who simply passed through Buffalo. Those names will never grace the Bills Wall-of-Fame at One Bills Drive.

<a href="http://www.billszone.com/YourSite/global/templates/view.php?action=YourSite_content&month=10&state=news&nid=1633">MORE</a>

Earthquake Enyart
10-08-2002, 02:43 PM
I like Artie's columns more than I liked his TV show. He has a good face for the internet, kinda like Eb.

Buffarama
10-08-2002, 02:51 PM
I think Artie's been gleaning my posts :)

Excellent article, well said. The jury needs only about a 45 minute break to give the verdict on this one.

Bufftp
10-08-2002, 02:51 PM
EE even you could have a good face for the internet, heck thats what Adobe Photo shop is for.

Earthquake Enyart
10-08-2002, 03:08 PM
I'll have you know that I'm strikingly hansome. My Mom tells me so.