PDA

View Full Version : Mularkey deal close

The Spaz
01-13-2004, 04:18 PM
All indications coming out of Buffalo continue to point in the direction of the Bills hiring Pittsburgh Steelers offensive coordinator Mike Mularkey as their head coach, as soon as Wednesday, league sources close to the situation said Tuesday.

Buffalo team president Tom Donahoe and Mularkey continue to be in contact by phone as the stages beyond the initial interview process unfold. The two spoke Monday, and plan to talk again Tuesday night, sources said.

Mularkey has not been summoned back to Buffalo for his second face-to-face interview with Donahoe and Bills owner Ralph Wilson, but indications are that step is not a necessity in order for Mularkey to be offered the job as Gregg Williams' replacement.

Mularkey and Donahoe have now had at least three discussions about the Bills job, and their conversation Tuesday night would represent a fourth. Mularkey interviewed for the job last Wednesday in Buffalo, and he and Donahoe continued the interview on the phone Friday.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/football/nfl/01/13/mularkey.bills/index.html

dj7190
01-13-2004, 04:22 PM
BILLSREPORT.COM SAYS THEY CONTACTED GEORGE SEIFERT. :fab:

The Spaz
01-13-2004, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by dj7190
BILLSREPORT.COM SAYS THEY CONTACTED GEORGE SEIFERT. :fab:

Yes but this holds more water.:up:

saviorbledsoe
01-13-2004, 04:28 PM
God help us all. What the F did the Steelers do on offense this year??????????????????????????????

The Spaz
01-13-2004, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by saviorbledsoe
God help us all. What the F did the Steelers do on offense this year??????????????????????????????

You can't base him on just 1 year in 2001 and 2002 his offenses were in the top 10.

Voltron
01-13-2004, 04:34 PM

Well if he gets rid of Drew I will give him a free year with no second guessing! :D

Mr. Cynical
01-13-2004, 05:11 PM

Yep. Oh well. Another season down the sh***er.

mypoorfriendme
01-13-2004, 05:14 PM
:scratch:

jchild178
01-13-2004, 05:46 PM
screw TD...he can go to hell if he makes this move!

don137
01-13-2004, 05:51 PM
Bettis is over the hill and Zeroue is no better than Sammy Morris so they didn't exactly have a lot to work with this year at RB even though they had great WRs.

Miami_Vice
01-13-2004, 05:53 PM
I love it! The Bills will be battling the jets once again for celler dweller of the AFC East

Dozerdog
01-13-2004, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by Miami_Vice
I love it! The Bills will be battling the jets once again for celler dweller of the AFC East

LOL.... Can't wait to see Marino in action...:flush:

Tatonka
01-13-2004, 05:58 PM
i never thought i would be the voice of reason and tell everyone to calm down..

Dozerdog
01-13-2004, 06:00 PM
saban would be a dream
]Ferentz a fantasy
Weis would be awesome
Mullarkey would be OK by me

Siefert...bawawawawahahahahahah

The Spaz
01-13-2004, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
i never thought i would be the voice of reason and tell everyone to calm down..

You da man!:chief: :up:

Miami_Vice
01-13-2004, 06:04 PM
Yeah I cant wait to see Bledsoe in action next season! BWHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHA
Surtain and Sam can pad their stats again

Miami_Vice
01-13-2004, 06:04 PM
and Sammy Knight too

don137
01-13-2004, 06:38 PM
What makes you think those players will be there next year? Last I checked the fins are in a little bit of cap trouble going into the off season....

TheWingHead
01-13-2004, 06:47 PM
You know how many of these articles I have seen..... Mularky close to deal........Fassel is close to deal..........Jauron close to deal.... I stopped reading them until I see ... closes deal with TD as head coach, which could be years looking at how long it took him to fire GW. So please inform us when something big actually happens.

The Spaz
01-13-2004, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by TheWingHead
You know how many of these articles I have seen..... Mularky close to deal........Fassel is close to deal..........Jauron close to deal.... I stopped reading them until I see ... closes deal with TD as head coach, which could be years looking at how long it took him to fire GW. So please inform us when something big actually happens.

You'll know when we know as well.:up::beer:

Tatonka
01-13-2004, 07:04 PM

sam wont be there.. just a news flash..

helmetguy
01-13-2004, 07:08 PM
Does Marino's new position actually ahve duties assigned to it? Other than giving away autographs free with the purchase of rubber chicken dinners, that is.

cordog
01-13-2004, 08:12 PM

and Sammy Knight too

is that before or after "figure fish" Marino f***s your team up even worse?

cordog
01-13-2004, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by helmetguy
Does Marino's new position actually ahve duties assigned to it? Other than giving away autographs free with the purchase of rubber chicken dinners, that is.

Yeah Helmetguy his duties are to teach Fiedler how to audible out or running plays and teach him how to ***** at his OL and WRs after he f***s up.