PDA

View Full Version : Playoffs? Dont talk to me about playoffs...

WCoastFin
10-08-2002, 01:44 PM
This may be way to early to talk about playoffs, but if the playoffs were next week this is what they would look like......

AFC
1.Oakland
2.Miami
3.Indianapolis
4.Baltimore
5.Denver
6.San Diego or Jacksonville

NFC
1.N.Orleans or G.Bay
2. " "
3.S.Francisco
4.Philedelphia
5.Tampa Bay
6.NYGiants or Arizona

It will be sad to see some losing teams make it and taking the oppertunity away from winning teams to get a wild-card and a shot at the Bowl.......As far as I know I dont think Buffalo will be a contender especially with it being this tight.....heck, its almost as if 10-6 wont assure you a spot anymore......its almost as if you have to win the division.....

Patrick76777
10-08-2002, 01:59 PM
Be careful what you say WCF. We play next week. Sandwiched between that game, we have Houston and Detroit, You have (besides for the bye week) roadies against Denver and Green Bay.

Things could change quickly! Esp. if you lose to us.

WCoastFin
10-08-2002, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by Patrick76777
Be careful what you say WCF. We play next week. Sandwiched between that game, we have Houston and Detroit, You have (besides for the bye week) roadies against Denver and Green Bay.

Things could change quickly! Esp. if you lose to us.

Ya, just dont get your hopes to high, then youll be really dissapointed.....even if you take us down you still have the patsies to deal with and I truly believe the odds are against you....you should look at this season as "improvment year"......well not even that you still need 2 more wins.:peace:

4thAndLong
10-08-2002, 02:38 PM
WAY too early to judge playoff teams...

Injuries happen, stuff like that. Teams with easier schedules start playing harder teams (Dolphins) and teams with harder schedules play some easier teams (Bills)

Although I dont see us contending for the playoffs, I expect Miami to take the division and then suck in the playoffs. De ja vu. Patriots and Donkeys take the wild card in AFC.

justasportsfan
10-08-2002, 07:45 PM
It's not too early to talk about the playoffs.

If the 2nd rd. of the playoffs were a week later....the fins wouldn't be in that list.

shelby
10-08-2002, 07:51 PM
we may have a very slim chance of making it as a wild card.
:biggrin:

venis2k1
10-08-2002, 07:51 PM
I still think the Pats will win the AFCE

DIHARD2
10-08-2002, 08:37 PM
I see Buffalo as being a spoiler. Hopefully from the way a lot of the fans from New England have acted this off-season, we spoil New England's chances. Normally I would rather see it as the fish as being the receiver of our win.

GO!!!...BUFFALO!!!...

TigerJ
10-08-2002, 09:58 PM
I said before the Raiders game I would start thinking of Buffalo as a playoff team if they won, though I didn't expect them to win. They didn't and I still think Buffalo is only a long shot for the playoffs.

Overall, I agree it's still a little early, especially to start picking home field advantage. I'd say the top teams record wise might be decent bets to make the playoffs, but the fringe teams are a total guess at this point. Too much can happen.