PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only Bills fan w/ some level of optimism???

elltrain22
01-13-2004, 09:40 PM
On a day in which we have all been waiting for, i come to this site to read what people have to say, and all i have read is people bashing Malarkey, when clearly he has been a good oc in pittsburgh for a good period of time. Know i would be remissed to say that i was hoping and expecting TD to hire a coach w/ some experience as an NFL head coach, but if this was every GM's objective then they would loose out on guys like Marvin Lewis and John Fox. Now I am not saying that Mike Malarkey presents the same kind of hype as some of these other guys may, but it definetly leaves a ray of hope that this guy may be able to turn things around.

Personally, I did not embrace the idea of Fassel, and certainly not Dick Jauron, but Charlie Weis would've been a good selection as well, but the main point here is, lets not bash this guy when we don't even know how good or bad he will be.

Just think, if Malarkey can be successful, and turn our beloved bills into a legitimate winner once again, think how foolish we all would've sounded ripping this guy apart.

I don't know about you guys, and despite what anyone else says, I am and will remain to be excited about next year. The Greg Williams era is dead and gone, and soon Gilbride will be sent packing, and this franchise can start fresh. Thats all I need to be pumped up for next year..... Go Buffalo!!!!!!!!1

lordofgun
01-13-2004, 09:41 PM
I'm also optimistic. :up:

The Spaz
01-13-2004, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by lordofgun
I'm also optimistic. :up:

Me too!:up:

Romes
01-13-2004, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz

Me too!:up:

I like optimism. :D

Dozerdog
01-13-2004, 09:49 PM
Count me in.

BAM
01-13-2004, 09:50 PM
**** it i'm on the wagon! Welcome Mularkey!!!!!!!!!!

:gobills:

The Spaz
01-13-2004, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by BradAlanMiller
**** it i'm on the wagon! Welcome Mularkey!!!!!!!!!!

:clap:

cordog
01-13-2004, 09:51 PM
All those optimistic give me a HELL YEAH

JayWood
01-13-2004, 09:52 PM
Iam down with it also, count me in!!

Bufftp
01-13-2004, 09:56 PM
:up: :D :band: :bandwagon: :cheers:

BAM
01-13-2004, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz

:clap:

:up: :D

i'll admit when I first heard it i was skeptical, but he's never been a head coach, so it is unfair to judge him just yet.

Pride, you still down for those season tix? :)

ryguy8161
01-13-2004, 10:01 PM
HELL YEAH

The Presidents SWAT team couldn't get me off the bandwagon.

I read some Steelers opinoins who hated Mularkey there and there main point seemed to be that he underutilized the talent he had. Does anyone else see the irony of that? WHAT TALENT outside of Ward and Burress. One of the worst O-Lines in football, a depleted RB core, and a one year wonder QB.

kgun12
01-13-2004, 10:01 PM
Nicely said elltrain! After our last couple of coaching staffs I can't get too excited. However we are really really due to hit it big with a coach. We can only sit back and wait!

TigerJ
01-13-2004, 10:03 PM
Is there room on the bandwagon for me?

:bandwagon:

lordofgun
01-13-2004, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by ryguy8161
HELL YEAH

The Presidents SWAT team couldn't get me off the bandwagon.

I read some Steelers opinoins who hated Mularkey there and there main point seemed to be that he underutilized the talent he had. Does anyone else see the irony of that? WHAT TALENT outside of Ward and Burress. One of the worst O-Lines in football, a depleted RB core, and a one year wonder QB.

You must have forgot about Jay Riemersma. :chuckle:

kgun12
01-13-2004, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by kgun12
Nicely said elltrain! After our last couple of coaching staffs I can't get too excited. However we are really really due to hit it big with a coach. We can only sit back and wait!

Having said that I just watched channel 13 news in Rochester. Part of his bio: played TE in the NFL, NEVER A HEAD COACH AT ANY LEVEL. :eek:

I hope he works out! :helpme:

caveboy
01-13-2004, 10:28 PM
I'm always optimistic- after all, the Bills motto is "Just wait until NEXT year!"

;-]

I gotta give the guy the benefit of the doubt, just like I did with Fade and GW, until he shows me otherwise. It's a little frustrating though, that fresh off the co-ordinator to HC route, we do it all over again. Like KG all year – we'll keep trying to throw downfield for the big play; we gotta hit it sooner or later to stop the blitzing, right guys?

I'll be SUPER-optimistic when I see this headline ASAP: "Bills fire Kevin Gilbride." If Mularky is an offensive whiz, then what do we need KG for?

JJamezz
01-13-2004, 10:29 PM
I'm on the fence with this one.. I was hoping they'd wait and see what happens this weekend, but maybe TD pulled the trigger thinking some other moves were imminent - say Pitt hiring LeBeau for instance.

I'll be MUCH more optimistic about this when we know who will coach under him - if the rumors are accurate, and he brings in LeBeau as DC, McNally as OL coach, & Clements as OC, we should be in pretty good shape.

HenryRules
01-13-2004, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by caveboy
Like KG all year – we'll keep trying to throw downfield for the big play; we gotta hit it sooner or later to stop the blitzing, right guys?

Gilbride was incompetent yes ... but when did we try to throw it downfield for the big play this year? You're thinking last year on that one.

Our offense was built around passes no longer than 15 yards ... that's hardly throwing it deep.

HenryRules
01-13-2004, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by JJamezz
I'll be MUCH more optimistic about this when we know who will coach under him - if the rumors are accurate, and he brings in LeBeau as DC, McNally as OL coach, & Clements as OC, we should be in pretty good shape.

I like LeBeau and McNally ... but I really don't think Clements is a good candidate for OC here.

AG75
01-13-2004, 10:54 PM
Last year we were all very, very optimistic and confident we would be in the playoffs(even talked Superbowl) with all our new additions. Maybe this can be some sort of reverse psychology where everyone is bummed about this news but instead we will have a great season???????????

Bmax
01-13-2004, 10:59 PM
I disagree clements was considered for oc for us under gregg williams. he was responsible for working with qb in kc grbac and maddox and kordell. NOT HIS FAULT KORDELL WENT IN THE TANK...

I am also optimistic ...We have to have positive energy.. The wny area has enough negativity as it is ....I guess it's all those failed waterfront projects...

Bmax

cordog
01-13-2004, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by kgun12
Having said that I just watched channel 13 news in Rochester. Part of his bio: played TE in the NFL, NEVER A HEAD COACH AT ANY LEVEL. :eek:

I hope he works out! :helpme:

John Fox and numerous other successful HCs never had any HC experience on any level

Voltron
01-13-2004, 11:05 PM
Well If he gets rid of Drew I will be on the Bandwagon for sure :up:

jchild178
01-14-2004, 12:21 AM
im totally on the bandwagon because im a TRUE bills fan!...not a so called bills fan that bashes a guy without any time to see what he can do

BillsMan80
01-14-2004, 01:15 AM
:2guns: Mularkey and the Bills are locked and loaded. I am ready to saddle up on this bandwagon. :horse:

shelby
01-14-2004, 04:21 AM
Originally posted by elltrain22
On a day in which we have all been waiting for, i come to this site to read what people have to say, and all i have read is people bashing Malarkey, when clearly he has been a good oc in pittsburgh for a good period of time. Know i would be remissed to say that i was hoping and expecting TD to hire a coach w/ some experience as an NFL head coach, but if this was every GM's objective then they would loose out on guys like Marvin Lewis and John Fox. Now I am not saying that Mike Malarkey presents the same kind of hype as some of these other guys may, but it definetly leaves a ray of hope that this guy may be able to turn things around.

Personally, I did not embrace the idea of Fassel, and certainly not Dick Jauron, but Charlie Weis would've been a good selection as well, but the main point here is, lets not bash this guy when we don't even know how good or bad he will be.

Just think, if Malarkey can be successful, and turn our beloved bills into a legitimate winner once again, think how foolish we all would've sounded ripping this guy apart.

I don't know about you guys, and despite what anyone else says, I am and will remain to be excited about next year. The Greg Williams era is dead and gone, and soon Gilbride will be sent packing, and this franchise can start fresh. Thats all I need to be pumped up for next year..... Go Buffalo!!!!!!!!1

Best :angry:ing post ever.
:10:

Jan Reimers
01-14-2004, 07:11 AM
Count me in. I'll take a bright young guy like Mularkey anytime - give him a chance, folks.

ryven
01-14-2004, 07:24 AM
I am going in support of him 100% so count me in.

ryven
01-14-2004, 07:32 AM
being that he played TE maybe be he will have the OC utilize the TE position more this year we have a good TE in campbell he was very solid for us last year.

The_Philster
01-14-2004, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by ryven
being that he played TE maybe be he will have the OC utilize the TE position more this year we have a good TE in campbell he was very solid for us last year.

That's another solid point. Maybe once he gets to see his players and sees that we have talent at TE, people can stop this nonsense about drafting a head case. :shakeno:

Philagape
01-14-2004, 04:49 PM
Mike Mularkey :welcome:
Jim McNally :welcome:
Tom Clements? :welcome:

:pray:

HenryRules
01-14-2004, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by Bmax
I disagree clements was considered for oc for us under gregg williams.

Now there's an endorsement that I value.

Look, I think Clements might be able to do fine as an OC elsewhere ... but a rookie HC and a rookie OC is not a good combination IMO.

Mr. Cynical
01-14-2004, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by HenryRules

Now there's an endorsement that I value.

Look, I think Clements might be able to do fine as an OC elsewhere ... but a rookie HC and a rookie OC is not a good combination IMO.

Agreed. We're already fooked with MM, no need to pour gas on the flame.