PDA

View Full Version : I hope the Bills draft....

elltrain22
01-13-2004, 09:53 PM
Actually i have 2 guys i wish the Bills will pick up in the draft. With the first pick i hope we can get KW2 ( Kellen Winslow ). Yes he is brass and cocky, but what football player isn't? His offensive presence would add alot to a very weak pass catching group ( except for Moulds ).

But the guy i would really like to see the Bills snatch is NC St. QB Philip Rivers. He will more than likely still be available in round 2 and possibly round 3 if he slips. His mechanics are not the prettiest, but his accuracy is amazing. This guy also knows how to keep his team close. I watched about every State game this year, and had the privlege of seeing this guy play, and trust me whoever Rivers goes to, he will make an impact. I just hope its us.

I am not spitting Drew, b/c unlike most Bills fans, i still believe he can still be a great QB. He just had a bad year, and totally lost all of his confidence, but some more offensive line help and/or maybe some FA wide recievers may cure his woes.

juice
01-13-2004, 09:57 PM
Rivers ACC Connection, Mularkey was a TE and TE coach maybe he'll make the move for KW.

Brian Griese Rulz
01-13-2004, 09:59 PM
I'd like to see Eli Manning. But that will never happen. Winslow would be a nice pick.

Bmax
01-13-2004, 10:17 PM
THE BILLS HAVE NO SHOT AT WINSLOW UNLESS WE TRADE UP !!!!

Look for winslow to be chosen in the top10 of the draft...

Bmax..

mypoorfriendme
01-13-2004, 11:00 PM
elltrain, i think were identicle

Voltron
01-13-2004, 11:11 PM
WE DON'T NEED A TE WE NEED OG AND DE!!!!!!!!

Why does every one want this guy????!!!!

mypoorfriendme
01-13-2004, 11:23 PM
because hes a playmaker! i agree we need o-line, but with de, i still think we need to give kelsey some time or just sign a proven one via FA. weve had bad luck with drafting defensive ends

mypoorfriendme
01-13-2004, 11:24 PM
winslow could be a bills version of shockey, only winslow looks better out of college, he could help with blocking and reciving (both low points of bills o) and a tight end as good as him only comes along once a decade. its been a while since someones looked as good as him coming out of college

Voltron
01-13-2004, 11:36 PM
once a decade? Didn't Shockey just come out last season? :huh:

Demon
01-13-2004, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by Voltron

Why does every one want this guy????!!!!

Just give the guy a chance. Maybe he will be the best TE ever??

The Spaz
01-13-2004, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by Demon

He could be!:up:

Voltron
01-13-2004, 11:43 PM
That is great but our O doesn't use the TE like the Giants do. We need a speed WR WAY before we need a TE. Cambell proved he can catch, block, and he can take some NASTY hits and hold on to the ball. All for a lot less than a top 10 draft pick will!

The Spaz
01-13-2004, 11:44 PM
That is great but our O doesn't use the TE like the Giants do. We need a speed WR WAY before we need a TE. Cambell proved he can catch, block, and he can take some NASTY hits and hold on to the ball. All for a lot less than a top 10 draft pick will!

I was being a smartass with my last post Demon knows what I mean...:up:

mypoorfriendme
01-14-2004, 12:06 AM
shockey didnt look nearly as good as coming out of college as winslow does now is what i meant. remember there was a lot of question on who was better, shockey or stevens to remind you that shockey was a big surprise being as good as he is

Demon
01-14-2004, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by The Spaz

I was being a smartass with my last post Demon knows what I mean...:up:

lol yeah i know. I was trying to be funny with my post also. I honestly don't want Winslow either :p:

But i think it's way too early to talk draft, esspicially with smoke still up from tonight's news. Once i get settled in with Murkaley as HC, then i will be more active in the draft talk topics.

mypoorfriendme
01-14-2004, 12:16 AM
its never too early to talk draft!!

R. Rich
01-14-2004, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by mypoorfriendme
its never too early to talk draft!!

You got that right!

My dream scenario for the draft: trade up to draft Sean Taylor! I know it's not likely to happen, but man would our defense be great with him added to it!

WNYnut
01-14-2004, 08:54 AM
A WIDE RECEIVER TO COMPLIMENT MOULDS!!! Any of the top 5 receivers coming out would do, although I'm partial to Rashaun Woods from Oklahoma State.

Bert102176
01-14-2004, 01:18 PM
wel I want Eli Manning, or Ben R., or Kellen Winslow Jr., in that order too, but I highly doubt any of them will be there at 13 if we want a shot at any one of them we have to trade up no if's and's or but's.

Bill Brasky
01-14-2004, 01:23 PM
Everybody is saying they won't bring in Terrell Owens because he's a headcase.... wouldn't they pass up Winslow for the same reasons... the guy is a massive headcase and he's not even out of college yet. Just a thought.

Novacane
01-14-2004, 01:49 PM

And maybe he will be another Tony Hunter. I don't want a TE in round 1. EVER!

sabreshockey096
01-14-2004, 02:54 PM
of the qb's out there i would take the guy from miami of OH ben my last name is really long or phillip rivers

venis2k1
01-14-2004, 03:02 PM
earlier this week University of Miami offensive coordinator Rob Chudzinski was hired as tight ends coach of the Browns... in related news Winslow will not fall past the browns at pick #8.

The_Philster
01-14-2004, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green
And maybe he will be another Tony Hunter. I don't want a TE in round 1. EVER!

especially when we aren't in need of one. :cynic:

mypoorfriendme
01-14-2004, 04:51 PM
no way hes falling past the browns, for sure now. the best talent available at 13 is going to be a reciever, i can almost gurentee. but for some reason i just dont see us diong it. BUT maybe if mularkey really appreciates the two main reciever system (ward and plaxico) then we will. i like any of those top talents be it williams, williams, clayton, or woods

mypoorfriendme
01-14-2004, 04:55 PM
or in the second round there is a possibility that both lee evans and michael jenkins are still there

BillsOwnAll
01-14-2004, 04:59 PM

Why does every one want this guy????!!!! last OG we picked up was mike williams what did he do for the 4th overall pick. you can pick up a o line FA and coach him up you cant pick up playmakers really.

The Spaz
01-14-2004, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by BillsOwnAll
last OG we picked up was mike williams what did he do for the 4th overall pick. you can pick up a o line FA and coach him up you cant pick up playmakers really.

He's a tackle and he has started since being drafted.

BillsOwnAll
01-14-2004, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz
He's a tackle and he has started since being drafted. hes not doing that great.......i dont think bledose still gets sacked ALOT.
he defitnallty wasnt worth the 4th overall pick in the draft.

TigerJ
01-14-2004, 05:11 PM
I agree, the odds of Winslow dropping are getting longer all the time. It's possible Reggie Williams will still be on the board at #13. He's the third rated WR on the board, behind Roy Williams and Larry Fitzgerald (assuming he wins his fight for draft eligibility). He's almost big enough to line up as a TE if Buffalo wanted to play with that idea some. There aren't many CBs in the league who can handle a 6'4" 223 lb WR who also happens to have good, if not phenomenal, speed.

BillsOwnAll
01-14-2004, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by TigerJ
I agree, the odds of Winslow dropping are getting longer all the time. It's possible Reggie Williams will still be on the board at #13. He's the third rated WR on the board, behind Roy Williams and Larry Fitzgerald (assuming he wins his fight for draft eligibility). He's almost big enough to line up as a TE if Buffalo wanted to play with that idea some. There aren't many CBs in the league who can handle a 6'4" 223 lb WR who also happens to have good, if not phenomenal, speed. we could always trade up.

Tatonka
01-14-2004, 05:15 PM

if you are looking for immediate resultes, bring in a ROOKIE wr is not the way to go.. how many times do you get a moss or boldin with an early pick? not often.. it take 2-3 years for guys to mature into the nfl WR position... the people that have given up on reed just make me laugh.. he is playing for the coach that turned hines ward into hines ward.. lets not forget.

Originally posted by WNYnut
A WIDE RECEIVER TO COMPLIMENT MOULDS!!! Any of the top 5 receivers coming out would do, although I'm partial to Rashaun Woods from Oklahoma State.

see the above post..
i do like woods alot, and he could actually be there with a 2nd round pick (slim, but possibly)... the only thing about him is he is a bit skinny..

Originally posted by jfreeman
Everybody is saying they won't bring in Terrell Owens because he's a headcase.... wouldn't they pass up Winslow for the same reasons... the guy is a massive headcase and he's not even out of college yet. Just a thought.

i think everyone doesnt think TO would come here becuase of money, not his head.

Tatonka
01-14-2004, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by BillsOwnAll
we could always trade up.

if we trade up for a TE i will **** the bed.

Demon
01-14-2004, 05:36 PM
I would personally go with a DE. The two guys i really like right now are Kenechi Udeze and Will Smith. I'd prefer Smith but Udeze looks solid also. In the 2nd round i would draft Casey Clausson.

35Pete
01-14-2004, 05:41 PM
I live in the Ft Lauderdale area. When I mention that the Bills have a shot at Winslow, Dolfans go bananas!!! They don't want to hear any of it.....This guy is that good.

THATHURMANATOR
01-14-2004, 05:49 PM
I like winslow! Udeze is late first round guy not a 13th pick

Tatonka
01-14-2004, 05:55 PM
I would personally go with a DE. The two guys i really like right now are Kenechi Udeze and Will Smith. I'd prefer Smith but Udeze looks solid also. In the 2nd round i would draft Casey Clausson.

please tell me your joking about clausson.. there is no way that he is going ahead of mannnig, roth, losman, rivers, harris, or schaub.. so you think that all 6 of those guys will be gone by round 3? no way.

clausson is a 3-5 round pick at best. i personally dont want him.1

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
I like winslow! Udeze is late first round guy not a 13th pick

by the time the draft rolls around, udeze will most likely be off the board by pick 13 to be honest.. a decent combine and he is a top 10 pick, guarenteed. there is a lack of good DEs in this draft.. so the few good ones will go high.

HenryRules
01-14-2004, 05:56 PM
I'm confused ...

most people on this board think that our defense was one of the best in the NFL last year.

Yet, there's also a large number of people who think that we need DE badly and hardly have a need for TE at all - when our TE's are in the bottom third of the league (the only person who thinks TE isn't a need that had the courtesy to name teams with worse TE's named 10 - so that's not my number, it's one of the TE booster #'s).

Tatonka
01-14-2004, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by HenryRules
I'm confused ...

most people on this board think that our defense was one of the best in the NFL last year.

Yet, there's also a large number of people who think that we need DE badly and hardly have a need for TE at all - when our TE's are in the bottom third of the league (the only person who thinks TE isn't a need that had the courtesy to name teams with worse TE's named 10 - so that's not my number, it's one of the TE booster #'s).

we dont have a DE that is compitent.. that can get sacks... we have a compitent TE that can catch and block, and we dont use the te that much anyway, as a receiver...

besides.. the drop off between the top DEs is huge.. the drop off between the top TE and the next three is not that big, imho.. the te from florida and georgia are both very good.

mypoorfriendme
01-14-2004, 06:01 PM
as long as we get a reciever in the first, qb in the second, and line in the third, i am a VERY happy camper. i think thats how it should go. then on the second day, draft for depth

HenryRules
01-14-2004, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka

we dont have a DE that is compitent.. that can get sacks... we have a compitent TE that can catch and block, and we dont use the te that much anyway, as a receiver...

besides.. the drop off between the top DEs is huge.. the drop off between the top TE and the next three is not that big, imho.. the te from florida and georgia are both very good.

Offense is changing, so who's to know how much we'll <i>want</i> to use the TE next year. None of Campbells or Moore's coaches have ever used them much, so I don't think it's just last year that they were underused.

I don't think any of the DE's are going to do anything their first year ... and thus neither will be an improvement over the two young people we have on our roster.

At TE however, I think that Troupe and Winslow are close to each other and wouldn't mind either in the first (depending on how the chips fall to that point), but I think the dropoff after that is huge. Winslow is being touted as a game-breaker, Troupe seemed to be more consistent than Winslow last year and has the size that makes me think he'll be better intially.

Finally, in the last few years, TE's seem to contribute a lot more in the first year than others do.

HenryRules
01-14-2004, 06:05 PM
as long as we get a reciever in the first, qb in the second, and line in the third, i am a VERY happy camper. i think thats how it should go. then on the second day, draft for depth

Don't you care at all about who we actually draft instead of their position?

BillsOwnAll
01-14-2004, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by HenryRules
Don't you care at all about who we actually draft instead of their position? i guess they dont lol.

Demon
01-14-2004, 06:14 PM
Our defense is the stregth of our team right now but there are still weak points on it and i think we can definetly improve them. Just because we have a offensive minded coach now doesn't mean we can go into games thinking we can win 35-31. The defense is the stregth but the DE's are the weakness of our defense and there are some guys who would help big time, like a Will Smith from Ohio State.

I think the offense is OK as long as you fix the offensive line. Bledsoe is a huge question mark, but i am ok with Moulds/Reed and Henry/McGahee. I think we just need to sign another WR who is OK playing as 3rd string but is proven and build the line. But let's make the defense as good as we can and adding a top notch DE is what we need IMO.

HenryRules
01-14-2004, 06:20 PM
The defense is the stregth but the DE's are the weakness of our defense and there are some guys who would help big time, like a Will Smith from Ohio State.

I guess we just disagree on how good Will Smith could be ... I don't think he'll be all that great.

Personally, I think we'd be better off next year if we sign Hicks and draft Winslow or Troupe versus signing Kleinsasser (who is a huge upgrade over Moore/Campbell) and drafting Smith.

mypoorfriendme
01-14-2004, 06:56 PM
well obvoiusly, but youve got to assume the best available...ideally itd be fitzgerald, manning, gallery, is that better? only i dont think that is very realistic so i say best players available in those positions : )

ShadowHawk7
01-14-2004, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by R. Rich

You got that right!

My dream scenario for the draft: trade up to draft Sean Taylor! I know it's not likely to happen, but man would our defense be great with him added to it!

Great post man, unfoturnatley most of this board has forgotten we've finished LAST in takeaways 3 of the last 4 years. That's a whole lot more important than getting a TE! Especially when Campbell is a lot better than HenryRulz will admit. Taylor will replace the incumbent Reese/PP and will prolly be better than Ed Reed. Sum of this is one the pass rush and that's why we sign a proven and very decent DE named Eric Hicks and not give up on Kelsay or even Denney. If we release Winfield and get Bailey or sumthing, then I would go w/ a DE or possibly trade down.

O yea, sum1 shut up mypoorfriendandme :shutit:

ShadowHawk7
01-14-2004, 07:13 PM
:lol:

U musta been callin for Moulds head after year one, if you've already given up on Reed, Shaw, Aiken, and even Mini Moulds. You are going to be a VERY sad camper come draft day...

mypoorfriendme
01-14-2004, 07:26 PM
im not being completely serious when saying wr and qb. its just a whole lot more fun to see a skilled player develop than an offensive gaurd or something.

mypoorfriendme
01-14-2004, 07:28 PM
:(

mypoorfriendme
01-14-2004, 07:29 PM
and does that mean to say you guys are already giving up on kelsay?

ShadowHawk7
01-14-2004, 07:46 PM
lol, sry mypoor, u were talking like a stoner for awhile tho...(ala wys)

HenryRules
01-14-2004, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by ShadowHawk7

Great post man, unfoturnatley most of this board has forgotten we've finished LAST in takeaways 3 of the last 4 years. That's a whole lot more important than getting a TE! Especially when Campbell is a lot better than HenryRulz will admit. Taylor will replace the incumbent Reese/PP and will prolly be better than Ed Reed. Sum of this is one the pass rush and that's why we sign a proven and very decent DE named Eric Hicks and not give up on Kelsay or even Denney. If we release Winfield and get Bailey or sumthing, then I would go w/ a DE or possibly trade down.

O yea, sum1 shut up mypoorfriendandme :shutit:

Pay attention to what I've been saying before you call me out. First off, I'm for signing Bailey instead of Winfield, that improves turnovers. Second, I'd be up for trading for Taylor, but I think it's going to take a top 5 pick for us to get him. I just don't think that's gonna be feasible to do.

On the other hand, one of Winslow/Troupe is going to be available at 13.

If TE is not a need, then please tell me what teams you think have worse TE's than ours.

mypoorfriendme
01-14-2004, 08:07 PM
henryrules is like a more rational ME, haha