PDA

View Full Version : Someone shed some positive Mularkey light,

shadowfax
01-13-2004, 10:07 PM
Anyone?

I've looked at the steelers message board, and the vast majority are thrilled. they're making statements that sound PRECISELY like we do when discussing Gilbride:

>predictable formations
>abandoning the run as soon as we're down
>bewildering play calls
>throwing on third and short from emtpy backfield

I thought Donahoe was seeking a change? Man, this guy seems bent on doing nothing but proving something to the steelers front office. He's a homer, nothing more, nothing less.

BillsFever
01-13-2004, 10:14 PM
Last place here we come.

The Spaz
01-13-2004, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by BillsFever
Last place here we come.

Quick give me some lotto numbers.

Demon
01-13-2004, 10:15 PM
What is a good Pittsburgh Steelers message board? I am having trouple finding good ones with alot of members.

kgun12
01-13-2004, 10:20 PM
He has NEVER been a head coach at ANY LEVEL!

Voltron
01-13-2004, 11:17 PM
He also never had anything but 2 WR and an over the hill running back. THe Pitt O-line SUCKED this year (not unlike ours) and he has had to play QBs that were no better than AVP. I think we all owe him at least one year to prove himslef!

CWOUSARET
01-13-2004, 11:18 PM
he was my 2nd choice - so i can live with that. i'll give him 2 years - if we are no tback in the plaoffs then he'll have to go. but he did do some very good things in pitt with their offense when you look at the span of time he was there - and not just last year. he also devised ways to put maddux and slash in the best possible position. if thier special teams didnt screw up that afc championship game - and they did BIG TIME - they would have been in the superbowl during his tiem there. also there is one thing that he must do - fire gilbride - and fire him fast.

cordog
01-13-2004, 11:19 PM
I believe Maddox was sacked 46 times, 3 less than Buffalo

cordog
01-13-2004, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by shadowfax
Anyone?

I've looked at the steelers message board, and the vast majority are thrilled. they're making statements that sound PRECISELY like we do when discussing Gilbride:

>predictable formations
>abandoning the run as soon as we're down
>bewildering play calls
>throwing on third and short from emtpy backfield

I thought Donahoe was seeking a change? Man, this guy seems bent on doing nothing but proving something to the steelers front office. He's a homer, nothing more, nothing less.

These are also the same Squeeler fans that want Cohwer fired, and tried to run Bradshaw, their HOF SB champion QB out of town.

cordog
01-13-2004, 11:47 PM
Heres something a few Steeler fan posted on one of their sites.

Does make you wonder, though. Lewis gets hired as a DC somewhere else. Mularkey gets a HC job. Grimm is in the running for a HC job. Maybe the problem with this team wasn't so much coaching as it was just inadequate talent.

It amazes me how happy everyone seems to be about Mularkey and Lewis leaving. Can everyone outside of Pittsburgh really be so wrong in their estimations of these men's abilities? I guess Cowher's just been very convincing in his attempts to scapegoat and deflect criticism to anyone but himself. Bledsoe, McGahee, Josh Reed, etc. are gonna be fun to watch over the next few years.

Also, Grimms still one of the finalist for Bears HC. What's with the Steelers coaches becoming great??!? Shouldn't our team be undefeated year after year? Maybe we didn't have the players this year. Or at least their expected performance. Or it was just bad luck year

I continue to be absolutely baffled by this outpouring of joy over Mularkey's departure. He couldn't get his offense to perform this year with a decimated offensive line, a quarterback that couldn't scramble to safe his life, one aging runningback and one hopelessly mediocre runningback? He must be a terrible coach! I repeat that the Bills are going to be a very exciting team next year. The man who made Kordell a Pro Bowler should be able to make Bledsoe MVP.

Gunzlingr
01-13-2004, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by Voltron
He also never had anything but 2 WR and an over the hill running back. THe Pitt O-line SUCKED this year (not unlike ours) and he has had to play QBs that were no better than AVP. I think we all owe him at least one year to prove himslef!

Can I get a Hallelujah?

The Spaz
01-13-2004, 11:53 PM
Here's what he said about our team. I dont hav e alink though, sorry.

"They are very close (to succeeding). Their defense got better and was stout at the end of the year. Their offense struggled, and if you can get those two to complement each other and get a little more ball control with the offense, they got a chance. They are not far away at all."