PDA

View Full Version : Dear Coach Mularkey ... Please fire Kevin Gilbride

Voltron
01-13-2004, 11:21 PM
I will take a vacation day to help clean out his office! :D
:pray:

Demon
01-13-2004, 11:29 PM
I honestly don't know who is worse........ Mularkey or Gilbride.

Voltron
01-13-2004, 11:31 PM
I love how no one will give this guy a chance when he made Maddox and Stewert look good! Give me a break. Just because he wasn't a HC or even a top prospect around the league doesn't mean that he doesn't deserve a chance :rolleyes:

Dozerdog
01-13-2004, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by Demon
I honestly don't know who is worse........ Mularkey or Gilbride.

Then you haven't been near a TV the past few Autums

Demon
01-13-2004, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by Voltron
I love how no one will give this guy a chance when he made Maddox and Stewert look good! Give me a break. Just because he wasn't a HC or even a top prospect around the league doesn't mean that he doesn't deserve a chance :rolleyes:

This guy is a TE's coach, who got lucky to be offensive cord of a team who has a great WR's duo of both young WR's.

What has this guy done to make me think he will be good? I don't see it, 2 good seasons with Pittsburgh's offense? Even a article posted by someone here said he basicially kept the SAME plays as Gilbride used in Pittsburgh but took out a few which didn't work....

What has this guy done to make me think he will do good in the NFL?? Someone please tell me! And don't point to the good 2 years he had in Pittsburgh, if you do then tell me what went wrong this season.

Voltron
01-13-2004, 11:40 PM
He took the same offense that players already knew, Cut out what he thought wouldn't work and went 2 straight seasons with sub par QBs and had 2 WR with over 1000 yards in one season oh yeah all while he kept his O in top 10 and had a top 5 rushing offense with an over the hill running back and a so so O line! Yeah sounds like he doesn't deserve a chance at all :rolleyes:

cordog
01-13-2004, 11:41 PM
This guy is a TE's coach, who got lucky to be offensive cord of a team who has a great WR's duo of both young WR's.

What has this guy done to make me think he will be good? I don't see it, 2 good seasons with Pittsburgh's offense? Even a article posted by someone here said he basicially kept the SAME plays as Gilbride used in Pittsburgh but took out a few which didn't work....

What has this guy done to make me think he will do good in the NFL?? Someone please tell me! And don't point to the good 2 years he had in Pittsburgh, if you do then tell me what went wrong this season.

OL sucked, gave up 46 sacks...3 less than the Bills. HC wanted to go to a more pass oriented offense but didnt have the right personnel to run it plus this team had been a power running team for a 1000 years. Aging Bettis just cant get it done anymore, Zeuroe is more of a "change of pace" back, not someone who could carry the ball 25 times resulting in absolutely no running game. Their RBs barely avg. over 3 a carry.

Demon
01-13-2004, 11:48 PM
He took the same offense that players already knew, Cut out what he thought wouldn't work and went 2 straight seasons with sub par QBs and had 2 WR with over 1000 yards in one season oh yeah all while he kept his O in top 10 and had a top 5 rushing offense with an over the hill running back and a so so O line! Yeah sounds like he doesn't deserve a chance at all :rolleyes:

First off, Tommy Maddox isn't as bad as people making him to be, if you saw that Pittsburgh team, he actually played good. Second of all, Bettis/Zeroue were a pretty good combination, both suck but together played decent, but we have better RB's so i'll give you that. The 2 WR's with 1000 yards we don't have! Moulds can do it, Josh Reed is no Plaxico Burress and never will be.

If Bills signed Terrell Owens i am sure Gilbride would make 2 1000 yard WR's also.......... can Mularkey coach with so-so telent??

And then my question, he coached so well, so what went wrong this season?? Maddox's luck ran out and Mularkey lost control of the offense??

If that's what you're saying, then we better either hope everyone have career years or we're a top 10 draft position next year?

Throne Logic
01-13-2004, 11:59 PM

If Bills signed Terrell Owens i am sure Gilbride would make 2 1000 yard WR's also.......... can Mularkey coach with so-so telent??

OK, you just lost all credibility with this paragraph.

1st: No way Ralph allows a loud mouthed headcase into Buffalo.

2nd: No way Buffalo can afford him. You can't carry two $5 Million WRs on your team and hope to get other needs filled.

3rd: Giving Gilbride more reason to throw the ball is just plain stupid.

4th: I don't care who's playing for Gilbride, the Offense will still be among the league's worst. Suggesting that Gilbride should even be in the NFL next year, never mind as Buffalo's OC, is just nonsense. He's coached himself out of football over these past two seasons. Wether or not Buffalo sees this is still up in the air.

uhg I don't have enough beer in the house for this evening. . .

Demon
01-14-2004, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by Throne Logic

OK, you just lost all credibility with this paragraph.

1st: No way Ralph allows a loud mouthed headcase into Buffalo.

2nd: No way Buffalo can afford him. You can't carry two $5 Million WRs on your team and hope to get other needs filled.

3rd: Giving Gilbride more reason to throw the ball is just plain stupid.

4th: I don't care who's playing for Gilbride, the Offense will still be among the league's worst. Suggesting that Gilbride should even be in the NFL next year, never mind as Buffalo's OC, is just nonsense. He's coached himself out of football over these past two seasons. Wether or not Buffalo sees this is still up in the air.

uhg I don't have enough beer in the house for this evening. . .

Chill out bro lol

I was kidding.......

1. I know we won't get Owens.
2. I know we need more of a running game
3. I want Gilbride out of Buffalo.

Voltron
01-14-2004, 12:48 AM

And then my question, he coached so well, so what went wrong this season?? Maddox's luck ran out and Mularkey lost control of the offense??

See Cordogs post. He answerd your question!

Ralph Wilson himself said we are going to get the O line fixed. So that is the major problem he had this year. Lets not forget that rumors say that we will hire the Line coach from the Giants (his name escapes me at 1:30 AM) The Giants lost 3 starting O linemen this year and still had one of the top offenses in the league. If Tiki could hold on to the ball they would have gone to the palyoffs.

shelby
01-14-2004, 04:37 AM

:up: Great post.

BAM
01-14-2004, 07:05 AM
Dear Coach Mularkey ... Please fire Kevin Gilbride
I will take a vacation day to help clean out his office! :D
:pray:

and I will drive up there from south central PA to help as well :)

Voltron
01-14-2004, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by shelby

:up: Great post.

Don't forget to vote for me for most under-rated poster ;)

(For those that don't know Shelby is also in the running)

Michael82
01-14-2004, 08:04 AM
:bigwave: Kevin Gilbride

:snicker:

Ebenezer
01-14-2004, 08:07 AM
According to Peter King, on WGR yesterday, TD wanted KG gone midseason this year.

The Spaz
01-14-2004, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by Ebenezer
According to Peter King, on WGR yesterday, TD wanted KG gone midseason this year.

Interesting.:nerd:

justasportsfan
01-14-2004, 08:17 AM
anyone have any info on Tom Clements , the supposedly new OC? If he does become OC we better have one of the top OL. An OL coach now a OC and when he hires McNally...... No reason for this OL to fail.

Michael82
01-14-2004, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by Ebenezer

:eek: That's surprising. I wonder why he didn't tell Gregg to can him. Hmmm.....

Ebenezer
01-14-2004, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by Mike32282
:eek: That's surprising. I wonder why he didn't tell Gregg to can him. Hmmm.....

'cause if you push the HC around and then have to hire a new HC quality people will not want the job if they know you will always be butting in. Micromanagement sucks.

ublinkwescore
01-14-2004, 12:21 PM
Is it official, is Mularkey the new coach?

If so, I'm gonna be sick.

zone
01-14-2004, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by justasportsfan
anyone have any info on Tom Clements , the supposedly new OC? If he does become OC we better have one of the top OL. An OL coach now a OC and when he hires McNally...... No reason for this OL to fail.

Yea he is a QB coach....

I love or low budget staff!