PDA

View Full Version : Mularky reminds me a lot of Jeff Fisher.....

mackey789
01-13-2004, 11:49 PM
I don't know why you all have to bash him - we are instantly better with Mularkey as opposed to GW and KG. He reminds me a lot of Jeff Fisher - a young coach who the players will respond to, and who has a lot of upside. Yes, we dropped the ball with hiring GW but we need to give TD the benefit of the doubt and trust him on this one. You think he wants to mess up again? Think about it..

Our offense can't get any worse - it will only get better with Clements as the OC and McNalley as the line coach. Mularkey will probably call the plays similar to what a variety of other coaches around the league do. He has made K. Stewart and Maddox into pro bowlers - imagine what he can do to Bledsoe

Our Defense will stay the same because Lebeau will become the coordinator. After a year of playing together and a possible upgrade at FS we are a top 3 or 4 defense without a doubt.

Special teams will be better given a little bit more experience

For those of you who want to jump off the bandwagon and refuse to buy tickets.....see ya. I get to move down 5 or 6 rows - sounds good to me. But if and when the Bills start achieving to the level that we all expect them to - don't come back and try to redeem yourselves. Give the guy a chance and see what happens. Good riddance to GW and KG. Let’s hope we can get into the playoffs this year with a HUGE improvement from last year. Mularkey wasn't my first choice but I will support him to the fullest extent.

Demon
01-13-2004, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by mackey789
For those of you who want to jump off the bandwagon and refuse to buy tickets.....see ya. I get to move down 5 or 6 rows - sounds good to me. But if and when the Bills start achieving to the level that we all expect them to - don't come back and try to redeem yourselves. Give the guy a chance and see what happens. Good riddance to GW and KG. Let’s hope we can get into the playoffs this year with a HUGE improvement from last year. Mularkey wasn't my first choice but I will support him to the fullest extent.

WTF is this "people jump off the wagon and stop buying tickets"? Last i checked this was a message board for Bills fans to share their opinions? If i'm wrong let me know.

My opinion is that this guy is a head coach of the Bills for ONE and ONE reason only and that is he knows Donahoe and said what Donahoe wanted to hear in their interview and that is "Yes i will keep Bledsoe."

Will i buy tickets? YES. Will I buy jerseys/other merchadice? YES. Do i like the move as of Jan.13? NO. I hate it.

I think he will fail and i will post my opinions as long as i don't get banned. Until training camp, that's when i will support Mularkey but for the time being, i will say what is on my mind because i think the Bills made a huge mistake. I hate how people think that just because some fans disagree on their opinion of coach means that we won't be getting tickets and stuff. Please. Stop thinking so high of yourself.

The Spaz
01-13-2004, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by Demon

WTF is this "people jump off the wagon and stop buying tickets"? Last i checked this was a message board for Bills fans to share their opinions? If i'm wrong let me know.

My opinion is that this guy is a head coach of the Bills for ONE and ONE reason only and that is he knows Donahoe and said what Donahoe wanted to hear in their interview and that is "Yes i will keep Bledsoe."

Will i buy tickets? YES. Will I buy jerseys/other merchadice? YES. Do i like the move as of Jan.13? NO. I hate it.

I think he will fail and i will post my opinions as long as i don't get banned. Until training camp, that's when i will support Mularkey but for the time being, i will say what is on my mind because i think the Bills made a huge mistake. I hate how people think that just because some fans disagree on their opinion of coach means that we won't be getting tickets and stuff. Please. Stop thinking so high of yourself.

You need to chill he's talking about people in general not you in particular. There have been people already who have said that they wouldn't spend money on the Bills this season. He can post his opinion as well as yours Demon no need to get personal.

Demon
01-13-2004, 11:58 PM
Btw, if Mularkey is like Fisher, then i guess we'll see the playoffs in 5 years.

Demon
01-14-2004, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by The Spaz

You need to chill he's talking about people in general not you in particular. There have been people already who have said that they wouldn't spend money on the Bills this season. He can post his opinion as well as yours Demon no need to get personal.

Ok sorry, then i mis-understood his post. I thought he meant all the fans who don't like the hiring can go "see ya".

mackey789
01-14-2004, 12:03 AM
Demon - chill out, i didn't mean you or anyone in particular but i don't want to see people bash him in the media, fail to renew season tickets, and throw away next season before we've ever even heard from the guy. Give it a chance, lets greet him with open arms and see what he can do with a pretty talented roster. Yes, everyone is entitled to their opinions and many of them are negative toward him, but before you throw in the towel lets give him the benefit of the doubt and see what the man can do.

shelby
01-14-2004, 04:53 AM
Originally posted by mackey789
Give the guy a chance and see what happens. Good riddance to GW and KG. Let’s hope we can get into the playoffs this year with a HUGE improvement from last year. Mularkey wasn't my first choice but I will support him to the fullest extent.
i couldn't have said it any better.:up:

Originally posted by Demon

I think he will fail and i will post my opinions as long as i don't get banned. Until training camp, that's when i will support Mularkey but for the time being, i will say what is on my mind because i think the Bills made a huge mistake.
Post to your heart's content....debate is a good thing. If we all agreed on everything, the Zone would be very boring.:z:

Earthquake Enyart
01-14-2004, 06:37 AM
Originally posted by shelby
i couldn't have said it any better.:up:

Post to your heart's content....debate is a good thing. If we all agreed on everything, the Zone would be very boring.:z:

I agree. :snicker:

Jan Reimers
01-14-2004, 06:39 AM
Let's give the guy a chance. The greatest coaches in the history of the NFL were all relative unknowns at one time.

Mularkey's young, bright and dynamic with a good offensive mind. He has been in a successful organization in Pittsburgh and with a winning coach in Cowher.

Let's see what he can do.

Michael82
01-14-2004, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by Jan Reimers
Let's give the guy a chance. The greatest coaches in the history of the NFL were all relative unknowns at one time.

Mularkey's young, bright and dynamic with a good offensive mind. He has been in a successful organization in Pittsburgh and with a winning coach in Cowher.

Let's see what he can do.

Great post!!! :bf1: