PDA

View Full Version : The words I dread to hear. . .

Throne Logic
01-14-2004, 12:17 AM
I cannot tell you how afraid I am of this happening.

I never thought that there could be any situation that KG wasn't fired by the end of January. Now that Mularky has been hired, he will most likely consider keeping his offensive idol.

The only thing worse than having KG as a coach on your team is having two of them.

I pray to the football gods that Mularky's use of Gilbride's offense in Pitt means he only used a couple of the plays that KG designed and does not mean he supports the entire offense or the man who forced it down Buffalo's gullet loss after loss.

I never want to be seen wearing one of these: :baghead:

May Mularky make us eat crow. I'm behind him. Just afraid that he'll make that fatal error and keep KG. If he does that, most of Buffalo will be trying to run him out of town before he even hits training camp.

cordog
01-14-2004, 12:20 AM
Hes offering the OC job to Pitts QB Coach Clement

Throne Logic
01-14-2004, 12:24 AM
REALLY?!? Where's the link. That would make sleep come much easier tonight.

Demon
01-14-2004, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by cordog

Now that might not be such a bad choice.

Btw, does anybody know when the Press Conference will be intoducing Murkaley? Think it will be Wed?

Throne Logic
01-14-2004, 12:25 AM
Wednesday will have big snow concerns. Mularky may not want to be in Buffalo if he has need to be in Pitt. Where does he live?

Demon
01-14-2004, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by Throne Logic
REALLY?!? Where's the link. That would make sleep come much easier tonight.

I looked around and this is the closest thing i could find.......

Mularkey is expected to offer the defensive coordinator job to current assistant coach Dick LeBeau. He may also pursue current Steelers quarterback coach Tom Clements to be his offensive coordinator.

Link: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=1707870

Man i work all day Thursday and Friday so i hope it's tomorrow. lol

Throne Logic
01-14-2004, 12:34 AM
Thanks.

Although, upon further thinking, I'm not sure this is the best move, either. Better than Gilbride? YES! But, here we go again with another Coordinator who's bringing his former assistants over with him. Not sold on this. He should be looking for an OC with some good solid experience. Someone who can offer a constructive compare & contrast to Mularky's own style. It took JG two years to get his system running (with LeBeau's help, too). I don't want to have this happen again.

With all that said: the most important hire Mularky can possibly make for this team is that of the Offensive Line Coach. He best have some NFL experience.

Voltron
01-14-2004, 12:50 AM
If this QB coach can make SLASH look good then I think a gamble is worth it. Where would we all be in our own Jobs if people thought we couldn't handle moving up the ladder? :huh:

mypoorfriendme
01-14-2004, 01:12 AM
its just a high risk, like hiring GW was. TD could have found the next jon gruden but he didnt. now were trying to find the next bill billicheck. lets hope we have better luck next time

mypoorfriendme
01-14-2004, 01:13 AM
im sure the majority of you guys dont trust TD, but i do. so im going to keep telling myself that mularky is going to be a better head coach than weis would have been and everything is going great in bills land

Throne Logic
01-14-2004, 01:26 AM
I just need a couple of days to rationalize all of this so that my brain begins to believe that Mularky is the better choice (vs. Weiss). By the time the draft draws near, I'll be fine.

Demon
01-14-2004, 01:32 AM
Originally posted by Throne Logic
I just need a couple of days to rationalize all of this so that my brain begins to believe that Mularky is the better choice (vs. Weiss). By the time the draft draws near, I'll be fine.

haha same here.

shelby
01-14-2004, 04:14 AM
Originally posted by cordog
:beers:

Originally posted by mypoorfriendme
im sure the majority of you guys dont trust TD, but i do. so im going to keep telling myself that mularky is going to be a better head coach than weis would have been and everything is going great in bills land

Me too!:pray: