PDA

View Full Version : Good coaches all come from somewhere

SoCalBillsFan
01-14-2004, 01:45 AM
Ok, I'm not thrilled about mularkey. My first reaction was dissapointment, I thought it would be weis. But this really isn't the end of the world. First of all, it can't get worse than GW! We need to remember that.

Secondly, we can't judge mularkey on a poor offensive season last year. He had 2 good years before that. But more importantly, good coaches can have bad years! Parcells, Gibbs, Jimmy Johnson all had sub-par years during their careers. Bobby bowden was almost run out of west viriginia before he was successful. The steelers sucked this year, and I'd take Bill Cowher in a heartbeat. So cut it out with the "the steelers O sucked this year, so mularkey sucks" crap.

TD interviewed Weis along with juaron, fassel, and the rest. Obviously mularkey has something if he impressed him more than those guys. I, for one, will at least give mularkey a chance. Maybe he's got those intangibles that GW didn't have. By the way. when we hired GW he came from a defense that was awesome, and we all know how that worked out...

Turn this thing around Mularkey!

billsburgh
01-14-2004, 01:56 AM
most people are just too stubborn to realize that all coaches had to get their start sometime. at least give the man a chance