• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jeff1220
    H to the 12:20
    • Jul 2002

Another positive on Mularkey

He has NFL playing experience. GW never played a down in the NFL, so how would he know what it's like to be out on the field on a Sunday. Mularkey was a TE on some decent Steelers teams, and it wasn't reallt all that long ago.

I think this is experience that could help him think better in gameday situations. It is also experience that the players will respond to, knowing that he's been in their shoes.
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

I agree I think age may play a good role he only stopped playing in 1991 I beleive so he really is still in the know about schemes that are being used and game planning today.

Comment

• pats-were-right
      Just paint a target on my forehead
      • Dec 2003

Yeah that NFL playing experience was important for Belichick, Parcells, Levy, Lombardi. . . .

As a Patriots fan I'm thrilled with the hire for two reasons: 1.) Weis is not your head coach, and 2.) Mike freakin' Mularkey is.

Comment

• The Spaz
        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by pats-were-right
        Yeah that NFL playing experience was important for Belichick, Parcells, Levy, Lombardi. . . .

As a Patriots fan I'm thrilled with the hire for two reasons: 1.) Weis is not your head coach, and 2.) Mike freakin' Mularkey is.
        Thanks for your great knowledge and input. Besides no one said you had to be a player but it may help in certain instances.

Comment

• Billsouth
          • Jul 2002

yeah, mike tice has plenty of experience and i think he is one of the biggest dumbasses in the league.
          "once a raider always a raider"

Comment

Working...
          X