PDA

View Full Version : Another positive on Mularkey

Jeff1220
01-14-2004, 07:22 AM
He has NFL playing experience. GW never played a down in the NFL, so how would he know what it's like to be out on the field on a Sunday. Mularkey was a TE on some decent Steelers teams, and it wasn't reallt all that long ago.

I think this is experience that could help him think better in gameday situations. It is also experience that the players will respond to, knowing that he's been in their shoes.

The Spaz
01-14-2004, 07:24 AM
I agree I think age may play a good role he only stopped playing in 1991 I beleive so he really is still in the know about schemes that are being used and game planning today.

pats-were-right
01-14-2004, 07:59 AM
Yeah that NFL playing experience was important for Belichick, Parcells, Levy, Lombardi. . . .

As a Patriots fan I'm thrilled with the hire for two reasons: 1.) Weis is not your head coach, and 2.) Mike freakin' Mularkey is.

The Spaz
01-14-2004, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by pats-were-right
Yeah that NFL playing experience was important for Belichick, Parcells, Levy, Lombardi. . . .

As a Patriots fan I'm thrilled with the hire for two reasons: 1.) Weis is not your head coach, and 2.) Mike freakin' Mularkey is.

Thanks for your great knowledge and input. Besides no one said you had to be a player but it may help in certain instances.

Billsouth
01-14-2004, 08:06 AM
yeah, mike tice has plenty of experience and i think he is one of the biggest dumbasses in the league.