PDA

View Full Version : Do you think TD hired Mularkey because he is a cronie?

Ebenezer
01-14-2004, 08:01 AM
I don't understand this. The bashing of MM already?? What gives? Had Pitts offense been as good this year as it had been the last two would people be upset? Had Pitts been in the playoffs would people be upset? Had TD not known MM before hiring him would people be upset?

I think the answer to all three would have been NO.

He is the coach and we have to accept that until he proves he can't do the job. Right now, MM is no more or less qualified than Weis or any of the other assistants.

Do you think this is TD's form of welfare. Do you think he called him up and said "hey Mike, I got a job for you. It's just a job but it is a job"? Does anybody think that way? If you are in a position where you hire people do you hire people who you are not comfortable with? Come on.

GMs and team officials that make these decisions don't get to hire 3 failures...if MM fails then TD will be done here and this organization will be in complete chaos. TD might not get another job like this again. Do you think he is setting out to fail??

Sorry. I don't.

The Spaz
01-14-2004, 08:03 AM
For anyone to think it was all about having a Pittsburgh connection then there seriously mistaken in this day and age in the NFL.

doug45
01-14-2004, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by Ebenezer
I don't understand this. The bashing of MM already?? What gives? Had Pitts offense been as good this year as it had been the last two would people be upset? Had Pitts been in the playoffs would people be upset? Had TD not known MM before hiring him would people be upset?

I think the answer to all three would have been NO.

He is the coach and we have to accept that until he proves he can't do the job. Right now, MM is no more or less qualified than Weis or any of the other assistants.

Do you think this is TD's form of welfare. Do you think he called him up and said "hey Mike, I got a job for you. It's just a job but it is a job"? Does anybody think that way? If you are in a position where you hire people do you hire people who you are not comfortable with? Come on.

GMs and team officials that make these decisions don't get to hire 3 failures...if MM fails then TD will be done here and this organization will be in complete chaos. TD might not get another job like this again. Do you think he is setting out to fail??

Sorry. I don't.

It's not so much the bashing if MM as it is the Bills management for poor management.

DraftBoy
01-14-2004, 08:16 AM
But your bashing them for making a decision that the outcome is yet unknown. MM could go 16-0 this year and Ill be willing to bet everything I have that he'll (MM) will be hailed as a god in this city. Save the bashing of him and the management until week 1 for when the game start.

Earthquake Enyart
01-14-2004, 08:37 AM
It's like what old Mayor Daley used to say....

"What do you think I was gonna do, hire my enemies?"

The Spaz
01-14-2004, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
It's like what old Mayor Daley used to say....

"What do you think I was gonna do, hire my enemies?"

Good quote!:up:

Jan Reimers
01-14-2004, 12:06 PM
I've been as tough as anyone on TD the last few months, but I think this is a decision that makes sense. I don't think TD wants to fail, so particularly in light of the GW fiasco, why would he hire someone based solely on cronyism(sp?).

Gunzlingr
01-14-2004, 12:10 PM
Granted, he probably is more familiar with MM than the others, but I think that the decision wasn't made to help a brutha out.

Ebenezer
01-14-2004, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by Jan Reimers
I've been as tough as anyone on TD the last few months, but I think this is a decision that makes sense. I don't think TD wants to fail, so particularly in light of the GW fiasco, why would he hire someone based solely on cronyism(sp?).

exactly.

ublinkwescore
01-14-2004, 12:27 PM
I still say Weis was the one for this team.

MTBillsFan
01-14-2004, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by Winfield_26
But your bashing them for making a decision that the outcome is yet unknown. MM could go 16-0 this year and Ill be willing to bet everything I have that he'll (MM) will be hailed as a god in this city. Save the bashing of him and the management until week 1 for when the game start.

we all have to wait and see hopefully this is the right move

zone
01-14-2004, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by ublinkwescore
I still say Weis was the one for this team.

Screw weis and his line of scrimage pass attack. It angers me to watch.

juice
01-14-2004, 12:44 PM
No Done Deal! AP reports

SABURZFAN
01-14-2004, 12:54 PM
to answer the question,YES!!!!i'm not too happy about the hiring but we're stuck with him.honestly,can he do any worse the Gee Dubya?we shall see.i'm not gonna start bashing or pi$$ and moan until i see what Coach can do.he deserves the warm welcome from EVERY fan as if he were the coach that we wanted.

with that said.......

Welcome Coach Mularkey!!!!!!