PDA

View Full Version : Is INgtar Around?

justasportsfan
01-14-2004, 08:20 AM
What's you inside info/opinion on Mularkey, Clements, the entire situation. Based on his offensive system, do you think Drew will benefit from it?

Thanks in advance.

justasportsfan
01-14-2004, 10:27 AM
Bump. See you are now here :D

Mr. Miyagi
01-14-2004, 10:37 AM
You're on his Ignore. :snicker:

justasportsfan
01-14-2004, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
You're on his Ignore. :snicker: Seems like it :D

R. Rich
01-14-2004, 11:00 AM
I guess I am too. I asked him for some help on some free agent matters, and have not heard from him. Then again, he could be a very busy man.

Ingtar33
01-14-2004, 11:23 AM
hehe... sorry, i was doing some work.

MM? Well, he does know when to run the football, im not completely thrilled, since in all honesty he did run a version of Gilbride's pass happy offense.

The thing that scares me is this. No one should ever get a HC position with only 7-10 years of coaching experience. There ARE exceptions, John Madden worked out all right, as did John Gruden. However, two decades should be the norm in coaching searches. I only hope some of Cowart rubbed off on him.

some positives:
1) done a lot with very little talent
2) will run the football
3) has impressed front office personnel, not just TD, but is well respected throughout the league. He was offered HC jobs before this one as well.

negatives:
1) untested, unproven, never was a HC at any level
2) less than a decade of coaching experience (both Pro and College)
3) guaranteed to NOT cause excitement with the NFL player base... an important factor in free agent signings.
4) offensive coordinators tend to make erratic coaching decisions, and rarely appreciate "field position football."

-You'll notice that my objections are running on the general trends and have little to do with the person himself. I've not heard much bad about MM, and i think he could possibly turn out alright. I just dislike the hiring form a "risk/reward" outlook, and ill explain.

In this case we have a poorly coached football team loaded with talent. We just brought a HC in with no successful HC track record... in fact no head coaching track record at all. What the team needs is a steady hand at the wheel, one who the team and management knows will put them in the position to succeed. And frankly, while MM is a good OC, i object to his hiring based upon what seems to me, be, another gamble. A gamble is not what this team needs. We're too close, too talented to take fliers on the HC. Fassel, Levy, heck any number of college football coaches would have done well. I would have even preferred Wies, as at least he's been in the league for more than 15 years and coaching successfully, for 20+ years, nearly all of it under the two Bills. Could he be the next Gruden? Yeah, sure he could, but how many Grudens are there out there?

casdhf
01-14-2004, 11:27 AM
Damn man, rain on my parade.

:D

justasportsfan
01-14-2004, 11:56 AM
Thanks ING, next time tell us something we don't already know :snicker: