I don't understand why everyone is so pissed off.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • THATHURMANATOR
    • Jul 2002

I don't understand why everyone is so pissed off.

I will admit that I am not overly excited about him but I wasn't overly excited about any of the choices. It seems like he is putting together a good staff. Get off the guys back and let him make a mistake first before chastising him. Yes so TD and MM worked together....Who cares? Do you think TD is going to risk his job to hire a friend? NO it means he has at least seen him in action and feels he can get the job done.
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

It would've been nice if he at least interviewed Coughlin. No sense in crying over spilled milk.

Get Mcnally here ASAP and start studying the FA'cy and get us some OL.
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Ingtar33
      Dances With Buffaloes
      • Sep 2002

Coughlin was scheduled to speak with us right after the Giants... he never left NY.

How is that TD's fault?
      My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• justasportsfan
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ingtar33
        Coughlin was scheduled to speak with us right after the Giants... he never left NY.

How is that TD's fault?
        Didn't know that. Oh well.
        sacrifice1

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
          Legendary Zoner
          • Jul 2002

I'll be ok as long as he doesn't have that queer Pittsburgh accent

Comment

• justasportsfan
            • Jul 2002

His Bio says he was born in Ft. Ladida. Hopefully he can count.
            sacrifice1

Comment

• Jeff1220
              H to the 12:20
              • Jul 2002

I don't really think Coughlin is all that special. Any time I've seen the guy speak, I find it amazing at how deficient he is in the personality dept.

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

Everyone's pissed because anything short of the ghost of Vince Lombardi would be disappointing. People here *****- that's why this board exists and why it's so popular. If the Bills win the Super Bowl 31-0 next year, the fans (myself included) will be on this board *****ing that we had to kick a field goal at one point during the game.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Halbert
                  I'm Not Normal
                  • Jul 2002

I wanted Marv but I'm ok with this hire.

The staff we've heard talked about being brought in sounds very solid, with the exception of the OC who would be manned by a former QB coach. But that potential weakness should be covered by Malarkey's involvement - plus if any assistant can run the offense it would be a QB coach.

The only thing that concerns me is the extremely rare occurance of a rookie HC winning the SB. The talent level on the team is strong right now and with the expected additions to fill the few remaining holes the Bills should be able to field strong units everywhere, personnel wise. I'm hoping the strength of the front office (TD & TM), and LeBeau's experience will overcome that but it's no certainty. Fassel might have been a safer choice in that regard.

Comment

• samhain1961
                    • Sep 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37
                    Everyone's pissed because anything short of the ghost of Vince Lombardi would be disappointing. People here *****- that's why this board exists and why it's so popular. If the Bills win the Super Bowl 31-0 next year, the fans (myself included) will be on this board *****ing that we had to kick a field goal at one point during the game.
                    Oh, absolutely.
                    There's just no possible way to please everybody. Hell, TD would be lucky if he could manage to please practically ANYBODY with his choice!
                    It seems like every fan has his or her own pick for who they want for the HC position & consider every other choice an incompetant failure.
                    The level of hate aimed toward some of the choices here is just amazing!

Now, with the Mularkey hire apparently a done deal, I can understand those who had other men in mind for the job being disappointed. But , what's with all this wailing & knashing of teeth?!!

For cryin' out loud, if it IS Mularkey , give the guy a chance!
                    The haters here & over at BB.com are already calling for his head on a platter & he hasn't even been officially hired yet! They're crying out cronyism & pointing fingers at TD as if Mularkey was never on any other teams radar & was considered unworthy of the HC position everywhere else BUT Buffalo.
                    And, as we all know , that's very far from being the truth.
                    He was a HC candidate with 4 or 5 other teams the past couple of years & was impressive enough to be chosen by the Bengals AHEAD of Marvin Lewis, but he turned THEM down.
                    So, was cronyism & nepatism responcible for those other interviews & offers as well?

I say give the guy a chance.
                    I, for one , have a good feeling about him.
                    "Be nice... until it's time to NOT be nice"
                    -Jim

Comment

• Ebenezer
                      Give me a minute...
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
                      I'll be ok as long as he doesn't have that queer Pittsburgh accent
                      or a southern accent...no rednecks need apply

Originally posted by OpIv37
                      exactly, people hated Marv when he was hired too...they were calling for his head until we made the SB and even after 3 or 4 trips many never gave him credit because the Bills did not win the big one...Buffalonains have an inferiority complex the size of NYC and believe they need the best of everything (which they cannot often afford without charging it on credit) to justify their lives, sorry, just my $0.03.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• samhain1961
                        • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Halbert
                        I wanted Marv but I'm ok with this hire.

The staff we've heard talked about being brought in sounds very solid, with the exception of the OC who would be manned by a former QB coach. But that potential weakness should be covered by Malarkey's involvement - plus if any assistant can run the offense it would be a QB coach.

The only thing that concerns me is the extremely rare occurance of a rookie HC winning the SB. The talent level on the team is strong right now and with the expected additions to fill the few remaining holes the Bills should be able to field strong units everywhere, personnel wise. I'm hoping the strength of the front office (TD & TM), and LeBeau's experience will overcome that but it's no certainty. Fassel might have been a safer choice in that regard.
                        True, but "safer" in this instance just wasn't the way to go apparently.

Think about it.
                        There has to be a reason that Fassel went from being THE guy when it came to all the coaching vacancies to his current status of lingering at the back of the unemployment line.
                        Obviously TD wasn't the only GM who saw something he didn't like.
                        Maybe there's a reason his team quit on him in the final half of the season. Perhaps he's just "burned out" & he doesn't even know it.
                        If that's the case, then it's obviously a damned good thing that we didn't hire him. Know what I mean?
                        "Be nice... until it's time to NOT be nice"
                        -Jim

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ebenezer

or a southern accent...no rednecks need apply

exactly, people hated Marv when he was hired too...they were calling for his head until we made the SB and even after 3 or 4 trips many never gave him credit because the Bills did not win the big one...Buffalonains have an inferiority complex the size of NYC and believe they need the best of everything (which they cannot often afford without charging it on credit) to justify their lives, sorry, just my $0.03.
                          You are right on with that one EB!

Comment

• HenryRules
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                            It would've been nice if he at least interviewed Coughlin. No sense in crying over spilled milk.
                            If TD had been honest with GW in week 15 and told GW he wouldn't be back after the season, TD could have started interviewing earlier.

The Giants were the first team to contact Coughlin and thus the first team he had an interview with.

TD taking too long to start his search is what cost us a chance to talk to Coughlin.

That said ... I didn't want us to hire Coughlin and I think Mularkey was the best of the candidates that we chose to talk to.

Comment

• kal123
                              Maybe?
                              • Oct 2003

Woohoo!!!!! Here's to getting a high draft pick in '05.

Comment

Working...
                              X