PDA

View Full Version : Get LeBeau

Mr. Miyagi
01-14-2004, 10:35 AM
Don't mess around now. With LeBeau talking to Pittsburgh but at the same time saying he wouldn't mind coming back to Buffalo, offer him a big contract and complete defensive play calling authority and bring the guy back!!!

I'd hate for the pendulum to swing back once again to have the offense fixed and the defense goes back to hell.

Mr. Miyagi
01-14-2004, 02:12 PM
Hurry up MM and secure LeBeau!!!

The_Philster
01-14-2004, 04:21 PM
I'm in total agreement. :up: He was a big key in the turnaround of the defense in 2003...would hate to see that slip away.

cordog
01-14-2004, 04:31 PM
I agree totally. Im sure he would have playcalling authority if he stayed here. Let's go MM!

mypoorfriendme
01-14-2004, 04:57 PM
instead of lebeau going to pittsburg, we just decided to bring pittsburg to him!!! dont you see?

don137
01-14-2004, 05:45 PM
I wonder if this is one reason why the Bills made a decision because TD knew MM would want Lebeau as DC and didn't want to lose him to Pittsburgh

HenryRules
01-14-2004, 05:47 PM
LeBeau has said that what he missed most in Buffalo was calling the defensive plays on game day ... maybe people are giving him too much credit and Gray is the guy we should be keeping.

helmetguy
01-14-2004, 08:28 PM
LeBeau may not have actually been calling the plays, but do you think the defensive improvement would have been as dramatic if Gray had to go it without him?

Demon
01-14-2004, 08:47 PM
How about getting Dick Jauron as defensive cordinator?

socalfan
01-14-2004, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by helmetguy
LeBeau may not have actually been calling the plays, but do you think the defensive improvement would have been as dramatic if Gray had to go it without him?

Two things for sure is that the Sam Adam's return of an interception against NE was a Lebeau designed play. And the interception by Schobel was also a Lebeau designed play.

Mr. Miyagi
01-14-2004, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by HenryRules
LeBeau has said that what he missed most in Buffalo was calling the defensive plays on game day ... maybe people are giving him too much credit and Gray is the guy we should be keeping.
LeBeau may not have called the plays on game day, but he designed a lot if not most of the plays. All Gray had to do was pick them from a list. And even then, LeBeau was in the booth giving input if plays weren't called right.

HenryRules
01-14-2004, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by helmetguy

No ... but at the same time, I don't think the D would have performed as well without Gray. They were an effective combo.

HenryRules
01-14-2004, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi

LeBeau may not have called the plays on game day, but he designed a lot if not most of the plays. All Gray had to do was pick them from a list.

You seem to be minimizing the importance of playcalling ... it's not nearly as trivial as you're implying.

Halbert
01-14-2004, 09:10 PM
Gray learned everything he knew about defense from GW. Unless you want to grind the GW axe to a nub, there's no disputing he was and is an excellent DC.

I'd prefer to have LeBeau as DC, but if he does bolt for some reason I think we'd be in very capable hand with Gray.

Mr. Miyagi
01-14-2004, 09:10 PM
I know it was over-simplified a bit, but it sounded good. :D

Tatonka
01-14-2004, 09:13 PM

No ... but at the same time, I don't think the D would have performed as well without Gray. They were an effective combo.

You seem to be minimizing the importance of playcalling ... it's not nearly as trivial as you're implying.

i couldnt agree more.

socalfan
01-14-2004, 09:31 PM
having the plays to call is very important....but actually calling them is what wins you games.

Jeff1220
01-14-2004, 09:38 PM
3rd down plays and big plays was the weakness of this D last year. Maybe, with better play calling, that won't happen. Just a thought.

Jeff1220
01-14-2004, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by Jeff1220
3rd down plays and big plays was the weakness of this D last year. Maybe, with better play calling, that won't happen. Just a thought.

I apologize. I'm starting to sound like John Madden.:shakeno:

juice
01-14-2004, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by Jeff1220

Those are the downs that blitz packages are used so you can say they weren't as effective as hoped for. The LB's only had a few sacks, and the corners should have been used in blitzing.

The_Philster
01-15-2004, 02:53 AM
Originally posted by Halbert
Gray learned everything he knew about defense from GW. Unless you want to grind the GW axe to a nub, there's no disputing he was and is an excellent DC.

Honestly, I wonder how well he'll do in Washington without Jeff fisher to guide him.