• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bill Brasky
    Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
    • Jan 2004

An open letter to Mularkey...

I was browsing through the boards and came across one fans "letter" to Mularkey... I don't know if any of you have read this yet but here it is:

I was reading on another board when I came across a open letter to Mularkey from JoeF. I thought it was an excellent post and wanted to share it here. I thought at the same time that this would be a good place to write an open letter to the new coach.

Hi Coach,

Welcome! Glad you are on board. Some of us remember you from your playing days--a guy who leveraged some mediocre skills into a 9 year career with the Vikes and Steelers.

Listen, I have to warn you. This group of fans and media is very skeptical right now. We think the following:

1) Your friend TD hired a homeboy.
    2) You are the second coming of Gregg Williams.
    3) You aren't qualified to be a head coach and will fail miserably.

We can be quite a demeaning crew, but we can be quickly turned to the positive when we see positive steps...here are a few tips...

1) Don't impress us with lists of assistant coaches--just hire good, experienced ones. A start would be to retain the leadership of the Defensive side of the ball and hire Buffalo native Jim McNally--now officially available--as your OL coach. Also your buddy Bobby April became available today--I know its shocking--Martz needed a scapegoat for his own messups and he chose special teams...get him..we like enthusiastic guys.
    2) Don't retain Kevin Gilbride. Bring in Tom Clemens as your OC. We domer fans still remember the Alabama pass from the end zone....if he can resurrect Kordell Stewart and make Tommy Maddox respectable--he's good enough for us--no matter whom the QB is.
    3) There are a couple of guys on the current O staff you should look at retaining--Les Steckel is one and O'Neal and Graves might be worth a look.
    4) Make the QB decision quickly--and show us the plan either way....If you want to bring in Maddox on the cheap for a year-hell go ahead--he was a playoff QB.
    5) Don't ignore the Defense---we are really worried about this--last off-season we focused on the D and the offensive staff acted like they had a lobotomy--not adjusting the scheme to the talent...this year don't focus so much on the O that we lose the D.
    6) No bullhorns--but no bull***** either--let the players know you spent 9 years in the league and know the game but that they cannot do stupid things on or off the field and get away with them. You have the background to walk this fine line.

So coach--welcome...you seem like a lunch pail guy--we love that around here---a little tip tomorrow--don't let TD have the mic during the press conference--he didn't do so well the last time.

Let's kick butt!
  • Devin
    The Octagon
    • Apr 2003

nice!
    http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• gunzlingr
      • Jul 2002

You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Comment

• The Spaz
        • Mar 2003

Very nice!

Comment

• Bill Brasky
          • Jan 2004

I found it on buffalobills.com message boards...

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
            Legendary Zoner
            • Jul 2002

Hmmmmmmmmm

jfreeman......JoeF

Coincenence?

Comment

• Bill Brasky
              • Jan 2004

not at all dude.... i'll provide you the link if you'd like...

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                Legendary Zoner
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by jfreeman
                not at all dude.... i'll provide you the link if you'd like...
                Just teasing, man. Welcome aboard.

Comment

• gunzlingr
                  • Jul 2002

Great post Jf. Welcome to the zone!
                  You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Comment

• Bill Brasky
                    • Jan 2004

Thanks guys!

Comment

Working...
                    X