PDA

View Full Version : OT:Is Peter King still on the bandwagon?

WCoastFin
10-08-2002, 03:05 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/inside_game/peter_king/news/2002/10/07/mmqb/

:beer: here's to the last paragraph in the story:beer:

Bufftp
10-08-2002, 03:14 PM
Interesting point WCF
Peter King-"I will say this about Thomas’ team: Barring a spate of injuries, and assuming Jay Fiedler plays efficiently, which he’s done four out of five games this year, Miami will play in the AFC Championship Game this year. They’re too physical, too diverse on offense, to melt down after the Wild Card round the way they’ve done the past four years. "

Asking Williams to stay injury free, and Fiedler consistant are two big ifs.
All it will take is one of them if's, and Miami will

melt down after the Wild Card round the way they’ve done the past four years.

Novacane
10-08-2002, 03:46 PM
WCF.................until your dolphins prove differant I find no reason they won't melt down after the wild card round like they always do!

WG
10-08-2002, 03:55 PM
While it may make us feel good about ourselves, he's nuts putting us in the top 10.

Our D and lack of a rushing game will preclude us from getting more wins than losses this season.

Sure we're a dangerous threat each week, but so is every single offense that we play regardless of how good they actually are. Also, our threat is totally one-dimensional and I fear that teams will start capitalizing on that.

This past Sunday was not good as it showed the league that the best way to beat us is to rattle drew by blitzing and disrupting the pocket and his time in it. No one has any respect for our ground game either, which doesn't help us.

Ebenezer
10-08-2002, 03:58 PM
I hate to agree...we are not a top 10 team...

Judge
10-09-2002, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by Ebenezer

I think we are, actually.

The offense is that good, good enough to overcome the defensive chaos and beat all but the most balanced NFL teams. That leaves only 8 or 9 teams at most that are better than the Bills.

The rest of the league is that bad!

Patrick76777
10-09-2002, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by Judge

The offense is that good, good enough to overcome the defensive chaos and beat all but the most balanced NFL teams. That leaves only 8 or 9 teams at most that are better than the Bills.

Judge, once again the voice of reason. We have one of the top 2 or 3 offenses in the league. I don’t think that there are more then 9 or 10 teams out there that are better then us. I think we could beat just about every team in the NFC. And the only teams in the AFC who are with out a doubt better then us are Miami, Oakland, Denver and NE. Why not #10.

Jeff1220
10-09-2002, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by Patrick76777
I think we could beat just about every team in the NFC. And the only teams in the AFC who are with out a doubt better then us are Miami, Oakland, Denver and NE. Why not #10.

NFC? How about Philly, San Fran, Tampa, Green Bay, NYG and N.O.?
AFC? I'd also add San Diego, Indianapolis, and K.C. to that list.

Judge
10-09-2002, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by Jeff1220

NFC? How about Philly, San Fran, Tampa, Green Bay, NYG and N.O.?
AFC? I'd also add San Diego, Indianapolis, and K.C. to that list.

Out of the teams you mention, I'd only fear Philadelphia and maybe New Orleans. If the Bills offense can remain high-powered, it can outgun any of the other teams you mention.

Bufftp
10-09-2002, 03:36 PM
WCF
from espn (http://espn.go.com/nfl/columns/garber_greg/1443025.html)
Fish out of water
The Miami Dolphins completed September with a typically robust 3-1 record. Over the last decade, the Dolphins have suffered only one losing record in September while producing an overall mark of 25-8.

Does anyone hear that sound of the other shoe dropping?

The December record (18-23) has been less than stellar. The Dolphins have managed just two winning records that month in their last 10 seasons.
good read, eh?

WCoastFin
10-09-2002, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by Ebenezer

no your not...and Im glad you realize that.

WCoastFin
10-09-2002, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by Judge

umm bro I dont know if youve heard coach press confrences around the league but alot of coaches are saying that hardly anybody is playing good defense this year....that its more of an offensevie year.....Its not that the rest of the league is that bad its just the defenses that are not playing good.