• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ryjam282
    Offical Billszone Starting QB
    • Mar 2003

Of everything I have read so far...

"In 2001, Mularkey's first as coordinator, Pittsburgh had the league's #1 rushing attack and the third-ranked overall offense."

If he could do that with the BUS and Kordell Stewart just imagine what he could do with Henry/McGahee and Drew. I am just gitty hoping this guy lives up to his billing. Go BILLS!!

Ryan

Ryan Withey
    Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

• Fairway To Green
    • Jul 2002

If he can get good play out of Bledsoe he should win coach of the year!

Comment

• Jan Reimers
      Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
      • May 2003

Originally posted by Fairway To Green
      If he can get good play out of Bledsoe he should win coach of the year!
      Make that the century.
      Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• BillsFever
        Mr. Predictament
        • Feb 2003

Originally posted by ryjam282
        "In 2001, Mularkey's first as coordinator, Pittsburgh had the league's #1 rushing attack and the third-ranked overall offense."

If he could do that with the BUS and Kordell Stewart just imagine what he could do with Henry/McGahee and Drew.

Ryan
        I'll give you Henry and he's not even great. He's good but not anything special. We don't know what we have in McGahee yet so cross him off the list. Bledsoe shouldn't have been on the list to begin with. At this point in his career he is no better then Stewart. Maybe even worse. The guy has had a half of a good season out of the last 5. Stop the insanity.

If Mularkey can make something out of Bledsoe then that will be a task the last 3 coaches couldn't do. For our sake I wish him luck. He is gonna need it.

Comment

• helmetguy
          Touch the helmet for luck
          • Sep 2002

They were talking to Merrill Hoge on GR55 this afternoon (sorry, no link) and he said that, with Mularkey and McNally, they could probably straighten out Bledso, based on the fact that Mularkey has cleaned up one of Gilbride's messes already. Hoge said that all the Bills needed was an offense that makes some sense. Isn't that what we were all *****ing about with Gilbride? Hoge even commented how much our non-attack looked like the chuck and du... er "Run and Shoot."
          Someone said "What's he gonna turn out like?" Ha!
          And someone else said "Never mind!"

-Deep Purple

"Have you ever taken a crap so big your pants fit better?"--Ron White

Comment

• mypoorfriendme
            • Apr 2003

dont forget what MM has done with the recivers in pitt too
            the dude abides

Comment

• Tatonka
              • Jul 2002

i wouldnt mind seeing him turn reed into ward..
              "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• justasportsfan
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BillsFever

I'll give you Henry and he's not even great. He's good but not anything special. We don't know what we have in McGahee yet so cross him off the list. Bledsoe shouldn't have been on the list to begin with. At this point in his career he is no better then Stewart. Maybe even worse. The guy has had a half of a good season out of the last 5. Stop the insanity.

If Mularkey can make something out of Bledsoe then that will be a task the last 3 coaches couldn't do. For our sake I wish him luck. He is gonna need it.
                You know what I think of Drew. Thing is, Maddox too was not considered starter his entire career until 2002. Granted it was just 1 year, maybe Mularkey can squeeze a year or maybe 2 from Drew. (hopefully)

If MM does get Mcnally here, maybe an above average OL will save Drews career. One things for sure, if it doesn't happen, MM knows how to run the ball and will do so unlike that stuborn Gilbride.
                sacrifice1
                https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Halbert
                  I'm Not Normal
                  • Jul 2002

What is wrong with you people?

You act like Bledsoe is the next coming of Ryan Leaf.

Didn't you watch the damn games? Compare what the average passing play of the Bills looked like versus the average passing play of say the Colts or the Chiefs. Manning and Green are both statues like Bledsoe, yet on most plays they have plenty of time to stand back there and scan the field. Bledsoe had people in his face within seconds.

Bledsoe probably is no Manning but he's certainly better than Green. Bledsoe is plenty good enough to be the caretaker QB the Bills will need with a stout defense and two ProBowl caliber backs.

There's a lot of people who are going to look very stupid once they get the OL fixed here.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Halbert
                    What is wrong with you people?

You act like Bledsoe is the next coming of Ryan Leaf.

Didn't you watch the damn games? Compare what the average passing play of the Bills looked like versus the average passing play of say the Colts or the Chiefs. Manning and Green are both statues like Bledsoe, yet on most plays they have plenty of time to stand back there and scan the field. Bledsoe had people in his face within seconds.

Bledsoe probably is no Manning but he's certainly better than Green. Bledsoe is plenty good enough to be the caretaker QB the Bills will need with a stout defense and two ProBowl caliber backs.

Are you implying it was all the coaches fault and the OL ? I watched the games. Sorry, no more free passes for Drew. He has his fair share of faults . He's made horrible decisions under pressure and yet he's suppose to be a seasoned/elite qb?

I'm all for Drew getting better and taking us to the promise land. I just don't want to pay him over 6 million to be a caretaker.

You guys need to stop looking at what he once was and start seeing what he is now..... a qb in desperate need of a great coach like Parcells to ressurect his fast declining career.

If you blame just the coaches and the OL, Flutie and AVP didn't look as bad with the same situation.
                    There's a lot of people who are going to look very stupid once they get the OL fixed here.
                    Sorry Hal , it's sb or nothing for Drew. Anyone will look great with a great coaching staff, fixed OL and a great running game. It's what you do to overcome a situation where one part is broken. Drew couldn't step up like Henry did and that was my biggest problem.

He said he'd be happier with the sb ring he'll get as a bill. I hope it's soon.
                    Last edited by justasportsfan; 01-14-2004, 09:40 PM.
                    sacrifice1

Comment

• Halbert
                      I'm Not Normal
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                      I'm all for Drew getting better and taking us to the promise land. I just don't want to pay him over 6 million to be a caretaker.
                      That I definitely agree with.

Drew's biggest problem was fumbling at key times and he must correct that. But yes I do believe most of the blame for the poor net result was coaching and the OL.

I have no problem saying he's not an elite QB, but the idea that he is washed up is ludicrous. He's still better than what most NFL teams have and finding someone better that can produce immediately would be extremely difficult.

Assuming McNally comes on board, I'll go on record right now saying Drew will get back to 20+ TD's and 12- INT's next season. That's more than enough to make the playoffs on a team with a strong defense and running game.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Halbert

Assuming McNally comes on board, I'll go on record right now saying Drew will get back to 20+ TD's and 12- INT's next season.
                        we can only hope.

Drew's only sb appearance was with a coach like Parcells. This proves he isn't a qb who can make things happen with little help. He needs a lot of it and a great coach . Brady didn't have much talent but had the coach when they won the sb.

Drew will get his help this year and if he isn't even in probowl form, we should drop him for a way cheaper qb.
                        Drew's biggest problem was fumbling at key times and he must correct that. But yes I do believe most of the blame for the poor net result was coaching and the OL.
                        you forgot holding on to the ball too long, forcing throws in the end zone, over/underthrowing players (part of this is wr's dropping balls too) where accuracy and arm strength were hi weapons, it wasn't there even when he had time to throw.
                        Last edited by justasportsfan; 01-14-2004, 09:56 PM.
                        sacrifice1

Comment

• Halbert
                          I'm Not Normal
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                          you forgot holding on to the ball too long, forcing throws in the end zone, over/underthrowing players
                          Yes he certainly made some crap plays this year, that's for sure. More than he should have. He had a bad season and he needs to do some serious work in the offseason to correct what his contribution was to that.

That simply does not mean he's washed up and needs to be replaced. To me that is rediculous. The pass protection was abysmal, no pocket QB including co-MVP Manning would have been effective behind that line.

As I've said before, I've totally given up on Bledsoe as being the "carry the team on my back" type of QB. But he could be a fantastic caretaker type QB, plenty good enough to contribute to a SB win in the next couple of years. He's going to have to give up some of his franchise QB money but I think he will in order to stick around and finish what has been started here.

Just because we're disappointed that he isn't the savior we hoped he'd be doesn't mean we run him out of town. Plenty of other teams would love to make him their caretaker QB.

Comment

Working...
                          X