Who is out as far as FA wide recievers??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • elltrain22
    • Sep 2003

Who is out as far as FA wide recievers??

I have heard Mc Caffery, Moose Muhammad, and of course TO, but who are some others proven WR's who could be ligitimate for our offense?

Also, whoever made that post about TO and Moulds being a good pair should have there head examined!! Not to be so crucial, b/c we all are entitled to our own opinion but, TO would never play in a cold climate, and he would never come to Buffalo b/c his stats would take a nose dive b/c MOulds is our #1 guy. TO is a hefty price tag as well, whoever signs him will be limited at everything else b/c he will command big bucks. $$$$
    If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...
  • mypoorfriendme
    • Apr 2003

drew bennit out of tenn is my favorite, or dennis northcut as far as FA's, but this years draft is too deep at WR's to convince me to want to pick one up via free agency
    the dude abides

Comment

• jchild178
      • Mar 2003

darrell jackson from seattle

Comment

• Demon
        • Mar 2003

How about......... we try to go with Eric Moulds and Josh Reed again and sign a provne 3rd stringer?
        Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

• Tatonka
          • Jul 2002

the best guy out there, hands down, who has superstar ability, and has put up great numbers his whole career, but wont demand the giant paycheck.....

darrell jackson. take a look at his numbers.. you will be surprised.

northcutt would be a nice addition as well.. both are faster than advertised, and can make big plays.

bennett and mccariens, both of tennessee are two young guys that are quality up and comers..

also, i think i saw somewhere that donald lee of tampa bay might be available, but i could be wrong. derrius thompson of miami might get cut as well.. he would be a good pick up. he just didnt get a chance to catch may balls this year, but we saw what he can do in washington.
          "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• hintexas
            • Mar 2003

adding Darrell Jackson to the Bills would be fantastic I think he lead the Seahawks with over 1300 yards receiving. I think if the Bills add him they can say "Price who?"

Comment

• justasportsfan
              • Jul 2002

now that we have an HC who knows what it takes to have 2 wr's w/ over 1000 yds recieving, I'm sure he'll be active in FA'cy trying to fix this O .

The key to keeping Winfield is, we get wr's ASAP to get him excited about staying and winning once he sees where this team is headed. That's if he meant what he said, that he just wants to win.

Here's hoping that Drew , AVP (if he's still here) , Brown will restructure so that we can keep Winfield, get a DE and players to fix this O.
              sacrifice1
              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• HenryRules
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                Here's hoping that Drew , AVP (if he's still here) , Brown will restructure so that we can keep Winfield, get a DE and players to fix this O.
                I really think that this is finally Brown's last year here. I've never liked the idea of keeping a QB that you project to be a solid backup.

Comment

• socalfan
                  Old Fogey from Cali
                  • Feb 2003

If Mularkey hopes to run the ball, then he will need receivers that not only can run patterns and catch it....but more importantly, they can block downfield.....I think Josh Reed can block down field and could really grow into the second receiver position.

Comment

• Jeff1220
                    H to the 12:20
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HenryRules

I really think that this is finally Brown's last year here. I've never liked the idea of keeping a QB that you project to be a solid backup.
                    I think he meant Reuben.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HenryRules

Like the article said, guys like Dusty Zieglers career was ressurected by Mcnally. Maybe he can fix Brown. I still think the guy has some gas left in his tank as does Drew. Someone has lead them the right way.
                      sacrifice1

Comment

• justasportsfan
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jeff1220

I think he meant Reuben.
                        yup
                        sacrifice1

Comment

• HenryRules
                          • Jul 2002

Sorry ... since you said Bledsoe and AVP, I had assumed that Brown meant the other QB.

I'm definitely against Ruben leaving.

Comment

• Devin
                            The Octagon
                            • Apr 2003

Originally posted by jchild178
                            darrell jackson from seattle
                            Hes on my list for offseason moves, awesome reciever, better then peerless imo.

If we brought him in and did some work on our OL, we are gonna see another record season on offense.
                            http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• elltrain22
                              • Sep 2003

Darrell Jackson would be the best bet, simply based upon the numbers he has put up. The question w/ Jackson is, what will his price tag be? WR's in general, are among the cockiest and usually command the most benjies, and w/ the Bills in dire need of re-signing Winfield and improving their o-line, I just don't know if signing a guy like that is realistic. Let's hope so, but if his price tag is too high than a guy like Drew Bennet, Justin McCareins, or Dennis Northcut would be nice.
                              If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...

Comment

Working...
                              X