X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillyT92679
    • Jul 2002

Grass, Field Turf, Next Turf, The Ralph

The Ralph is the only open air football stadium that uses traditional AstroTurf. I think it's time for the Bills to consider a switch to field turf, if not grass. The stadium looks reactionary relative to every other open air facility in the NFL
    Let's Go BILLS and SU ORANGE![IMhttp://www.billszone.com/fanzone/attachment.php?attachmentid=&stc=1G]
  • quizlet2003
    Veteran Zoner
    • Sep 2002

AHH! NO GRASS- That looks so nasty. One thing I like about Rich. Oh I mean stupid ass "Ralph" is the way the field looks when you first walk into the stadium. GREAT! Grass after 6-7 games looks like crap. Look at Miami and Jaguars field now. AHH!

Comment

• casdhf
      • Jul 2002

field turf would be ok
      Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
      cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• venis2k1
        Youboty can hope
        • Jul 2002

The Feild of the ralph looks so distinctivly bright and great.

Comment

• Buffarama
          Football-Sport of the Gods
          • Jul 2002

The several new varieties of fake grass turf are all far superior to a rug, and even real grass for that matter in this climate.

Comment

• casdhf
            • Jul 2002

How about field turf with some dirt in it? THat way, it it rains, we'll have a little mud on the jerseys
            cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• TigerJ
              • Jul 2002

I'm for change. I understand playing at the Ralph is like playing on concrete. As I understand it, TD is testing a new turf (Is that the "field turf" Billy mentioned?) with more "give" in the field house or somewhere. I think The Bills organization has resisted going to grass because late in the season the Orchard Park area is prone to lake effect snow and rain that would turn a grass field into a quagmire if people were running around it in cleats.
              I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• JayWood
                The Professor
                • Jul 2002

I say stay with the turf. I remember the first time i went to the ralph. the one thing that caught my eye was how the field was so bright and stood right out. What a sight when you walk out from underneath the tunnels. Keep it how it is, or tweek it a little bit, but no grass..please!!
                When you are at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on tight!!!

Comment

• Buffalofan
                  • Jul 2002

I agree that turf looks much better than grass but the decision should be left to the players .. they are the ones getting tackled on it and risking injury. I am willing to bet the weight of Jay Fiedlers ears in pennies (about 150 bucks) that if you polled the players they would want grass !! Just dont ask Randy Moss .. its not that kind of grass !!

Comment

• Jack In Syracuse
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TigerJ
                    I'm for change. I understand playing at the Ralph is like playing on concrete. As I understand it, TD is testing a new turf (Is that the "field turf" Billy mentioned?) with more "give" in the field house or somewhere. I think The Bills organization has resisted going to grass because late in the season the Orchard Park area is prone to lake effect snow and rain that would turn a grass field into a quagmire if people were running around it in cleats.
                    They do have a 40yd section of the practice field replaced with one of those new types of turf. Based on how the coaches and players feel, they may switch to that in a couple of years. As for the current Astroturf, there is some bounce to it. I've often thought that actual turf and grass would be harder than what we have now. I think the issue isn't hardness, but how their cleats grip.

Comment

• casdhf
                      • Jul 2002

We need something that can leep our passing game going...that's for sure
                      cas,

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• quizlet2003
                        Veteran Zoner
                        • Sep 2002

Have you guys been in the big practice house there? That is field turf on the floor. I hate it

Comment

• The_Philster
                          • Jul 2002

Go to Field Turf!
                          Grass requires too much maintenance to look good and is hard to maintain anyway in Buffalo in Decmber.
                          Turf is too unforgiving when it comes to injuries.
                          The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• BillyT92679
                            • Jul 2002

I think field turf would make the Ralph look more up to date.
                            Let's Go BILLS and SU ORANGE![IMhttp://www.billszone.com/fanzone/attachment.php?attachmentid=&stc=1G]

Comment

Working...
                            X