PDA

View Full Version : whats willis doing?

BillsOwnAll
01-14-2004, 06:04 PM
hows he doing? is going to be 100% next year?

juice
01-14-2004, 06:15 PM
Its been a year it took The Edge two full years to get above 90%

mypoorfriendme
01-14-2004, 06:58 PM
hes got to be getting close, considering he was close to playing the last few games of the season. considering how well he was rehabing and how fast it was going, im almost positive hell be 100% by the start of next season. thats just me though

ShadowHawk7
01-14-2004, 07:54 PM
He betta be !@#$ it! Or we should all pool together and hire a silent assaisin to take out his agent for getting our hopes up.

juice
01-14-2004, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by ShadowHawk7
He betta be !@#$ it! Or we should all pool together and hire a silent assaisin to take out his agent for getting our hopes up.

It's called contract negotiations, He had to beat the activation deadline.

Tatonka
01-14-2004, 08:21 PM
he's chillin like a villian..

The Spaz
01-14-2004, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
he's chillin like a villian..

I thought he was chillin like a cheetah...

Dannyboy
01-14-2004, 09:23 PM
He is permanent damaged goods. :injured:

mypoorfriendme
01-14-2004, 10:29 PM
to this day i still love the pick

mypoorfriendme
01-14-2004, 10:30 PM
not that that means anything to anyone, but i still have a lot of faith that he will return and produce in the nfl

elltrain22
01-14-2004, 10:36 PM
Although I am not fully aware of McGahee's statis at the this juncture, but I do know that he is certainly not damaged goods.

Did you know that Jamal Lewis, who we all know recently almost broke the single season rushing record, suffered pretty much the exact same injury?

Willis can and will be 100% by next season, you can believe that. He has not been working his tail off for the past year just to collect a check and call it quits. He will play, but the question here is, how productive can he be? I think w/ Willis we can expect amiable results at first, and once he adjusts the speed of the game, he can be an effective NFL back.

BADTHINGSMAN
01-14-2004, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by ShadowHawk7

A silent assasin?? Im the silent_one, If he doesnt play atleast one game this year, I will accept the job.. lol

Stewie
01-15-2004, 10:52 AM
Willis is going to be the perfect 3rd down back: good speed, nice moves in the open field, great hands. Plus, he has the ability to effectively take the load from Travis if he misses a few games (which he has done rather frequently over his career.)

ryven
01-15-2004, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by juice
Its been a year it took The Edge two full years to get above 90%

The Edge never took a full year to recover and he would reagrivate. Buffalo did the right thing by giving him time to heal.

Philagape
01-15-2004, 12:25 PM
If I remember correctly, Jamal Lewis injured BOTH knees, and look at him now.

Devin
01-15-2004, 12:29 PM
Willis gonna be owning it up this year!

SamAdamsFan
01-15-2004, 01:26 PM
If he is truly healed, with his phenominal speed, agility and size, he could be reminicent of Barry Sanders or Bo Jackson. I'm not saying he will definitely be Hall of Fame caliber like those two guys, but he should at least be awesome and have the potential. I don't think he fumbled a lot in college either.

TedMock
01-15-2004, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by paulB
Willis is going to be the perfect 3rd down back: good speed, nice moves in the open field, great hands. Plus, he has the ability to effectively take the load from Travis if he misses a few games (which he has done rather frequently over his career.)

IF he's back to 100%, he's going to be much more than a 3rd down back. He's 6' tall and 230lbs (bigger than Henry) and ran the 40 in LESS than 4.3 seconds. He'll be the game breaker of the league like he was in college. Don't get me wrong, I love Henry and think the guys a hard nosed warrior but if healthy, McGahee's our future. The guy can also stop on the dime like nobody I've seen since Sanders (he doesn't have Sanders moves) but he's faster and can take it the distance on one cut back. Hopefully he's healthy and he and Travis play nice together!

Dannyboy
01-21-2004, 11:44 PM
He is a Terrell Davis. That injury was too severe to allow him to tear up the turf like a premier back:brace:

mypoorfriendme
01-22-2004, 01:13 AM
just remember, every player no matter how promising can turn out to be complete busts let alone the dissapointments..in the last few years rashon salaam, kijana carter, etc