• Show
Clear All
  • lordofgun
    in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Another idiotic article from PFT.com

BILLS FINALLY ADMIT TO HIRING MULARKEY

After denying that Steelers offensive coordinator Mike Mularkey had been hired as their new head coach, the Buffalo Bills finally have announced that Mularkey is their man.

The delay, we hear, was intended to give G.M. Tom Donahoe sufficient time to work on persuading several members of the coaching staff to stick around for the new regime.

And after John Clayton broke the story of the Mularkey hire for ESPN.com, Donahoe (we're told) tapped into his network of resources in an effort to get the story back under wraps, temporarily.

Word is that the Bills are planning to keep offensive coordinator Kevin Gilbride, and to release defensive coordinator Jerry Gray. As to the rest of the staff, their specific status is unknown, but most are expected to stick around.

This development is prompting some league insiders to question whether Donahoe was looking to install a puppet. A head coach, after all, is only as good as his assistants.

If anything, the decision not to allow Mularkey to name his own staff (Dante calls his "Pinkie") should make Donahoe even more accountable if the Bills don't turn it around, since the move confirms that Donahoe's fingerprints are smudged deeply upon every aspect of the organization.

Thus, if the team continues to lose more games than it wins, Donahoe is the one who should be catching the blame.

Find all the latest ProFootballTalk news, live coverage, videos, highlights, stats, predictions, and results right here on NBC Sports.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

• lordofgun
    in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Brian H has more credibility.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• ArcticWildMan

What an idiot

I hope he gets bombarded with emails when MM hires a new OC.

Comment

• kal123
        Maybe?
        • Oct 2003

Re: Another idiotic article from PFT.com

Originally posted by lordofgun
        This development is prompting some league insiders to question whether Donahoe was looking to install a puppet. A head coach, after all, is only as good as his assistants.

yep

Comment

• The Spaz
          • Mar 2003

WTF is that garbage?

Comment

• Devin
            The Octagon
            • Apr 2003

christ sake how lame.
            http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• Nighthawk
              Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
              • Jul 2002

Umm, Donahoe isn't even that stupid that he would bring Gilbride back! I hope...

Comment

• BillsFever
                Mr. Predictament
                • Feb 2003

It's not an idiotic article until it's proven wrong.

If Donahoe wanted nothing to do with Gilbride he would've fired along with Williams.

I can see Gilbride being back next year. If he is back then I guess it's pretty safe to say Donahoe is the one who wanted him in the first place.

Comment

• Jeff1220
                  H to the 12:20
                  • Jul 2002

This development is prompting some league insiders to question whether Donahoe was looking to install a puppet.
                  If, by "league insiders" he means "a bunch of Joe Mondays on message boards," then he's right.

These guys at PFT don't know squat. Their source was probably an email from someone on this site, or one of the others.

Comment

• Dozerdog
                    In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BillsFever
                    It's not an idiotic article until it's proven wrong.

If Donahoe wanted nothing to do with Gilbride he would've fired along with Williams.

I can see Gilbride being back next year. If he is back then I guess it's pretty safe to say Donahoe is the one who wanted him in the first place.
                    If 90% of the stuff he posts has been proven wrong- can we call this one idiotic and wrong?

If Gillbride gets fired- can we finally nail the coffin shut on this site's credibility?

Comment

• Stewie
                      Sarah Palin for President... of my pants!
                      • Aug 2002

Actually, 75% of what they post over there ends up being true.
                      Originally posted by Topdog
                      Damn , your're showing you're ignorance!
                      Originally posted by mercyrule
                      I love Weiner.
                      Originally posted by mercyrule
                      also cheese

Comment

• Dozerdog
                        In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                        • Jul 2002

LOL...I guess they can "claim" a 50% hit rate on Gillbride....

GILBRIDE GETS THE BOOT

UPDATED THURSDAY MORNING RUMOR MILL: Contrary to reports from a certain dumb-*****, make-it-up-as-they-go Web site, Mularkey will can his O-C . . . A Grimm task in the 'Burgh . . . Angelo blows it? . . . Ravens sack Zacharias . . . Taylor pulling a Johnson? . . . MORE!

Comment

• LABillsFan
                          • Aug 2002

He hasn't been fired and I always thought it was TD who hired him in the first place. So until he's gone (come on MM) I fear that TD has talked to MM about keeping him. I'd like to know where the players stand if KG stays.
                          I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't repeat myself.

Comment

• LABillsFan
                            • Aug 2002

Just read the thread By EB that was posted at the same time as my reply to this thread and Voila. Hope it's true.
                            I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't repeat myself.

Comment

• Michael82
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dozerdog
                              UPDATED THURSDAY MORNING RUMOR MILL: Contrary to reports from a certain dumb-*****, make-it-up-as-they-go Web site, Mularkey will can his O-C . . . [/i]

I wonder if that site is Pro Football Central or Bills Asylum.

Comment

Working...
                              X