PDA

View Full Version : Another idiotic article from PFT.com

lordofgun
01-14-2004, 06:33 PM
BILLS FINALLY ADMIT TO HIRING MULARKEY

After denying that Steelers offensive coordinator Mike Mularkey had been hired as their new head coach, the Buffalo Bills finally have announced that Mularkey is their man.

The delay, we hear, was intended to give G.M. Tom Donahoe sufficient time to work on persuading several members of the coaching staff to stick around for the new regime.

And after John Clayton broke the story of the Mularkey hire for ESPN.com, Donahoe (we're told) tapped into his network of resources in an effort to get the story back under wraps, temporarily.

Word is that the Bills are planning to keep offensive coordinator Kevin Gilbride, and to release defensive coordinator Jerry Gray. As to the rest of the staff, their specific status is unknown, but most are expected to stick around.

This development is prompting some league insiders to question whether Donahoe was looking to install a puppet. A head coach, after all, is only as good as his assistants.

If anything, the decision not to allow Mularkey to name his own staff (Dante calls his "Pinkie") should make Donahoe even more accountable if the Bills don't turn it around, since the move confirms that Donahoe's fingerprints are smudged deeply upon every aspect of the organization.

Thus, if the team continues to lose more games than it wins, Donahoe is the one who should be catching the blame.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

lordofgun
01-14-2004, 06:33 PM
Brian H has more credibility.

ArcticWildMan
01-14-2004, 06:36 PM
What an idiot :shakeno:

I hope he gets bombarded with emails when MM hires a new OC.

Mr. Cynical
01-14-2004, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by lordofgun
This development is prompting some league insiders to question whether Donahoe was looking to install a puppet. A head coach, after all, is only as good as his assistants.

yep

The Spaz
01-14-2004, 06:42 PM
WTF is that garbage?:confused:

Devin
01-14-2004, 06:48 PM
christ sake how lame.

Nighthawk
01-14-2004, 07:18 PM
Umm, Donahoe isn't even that stupid that he would bring Gilbride back! I hope...

BillsFever
01-14-2004, 07:21 PM
It's not an idiotic article until it's proven wrong.

If Donahoe wanted nothing to do with Gilbride he would've fired along with Williams.

I can see Gilbride being back next year. If he is back then I guess it's pretty safe to say Donahoe is the one who wanted him in the first place.

Jeff1220
01-14-2004, 07:28 PM
This development is prompting some league insiders to question whether Donahoe was looking to install a puppet.

If, by "league insiders" he means "a bunch of Joe Mondays on message boards," then he's right.

These guys at PFT don't know squat. Their source was probably an email from someone on this site, or one of the others.

Dozerdog
01-14-2004, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by BillsFever
It's not an idiotic article until it's proven wrong.

If Donahoe wanted nothing to do with Gilbride he would've fired along with Williams.

I can see Gilbride being back next year. If he is back then I guess it's pretty safe to say Donahoe is the one who wanted him in the first place.

If 90% of the stuff he posts has been proven wrong- can we call this one idiotic and wrong?

If Gillbride gets fired- can we finally nail the coffin shut on this site's credibility?

Stewie
01-15-2004, 07:04 AM
Actually, 75% of what they post over there ends up being true.

Dozerdog
01-15-2004, 07:39 AM
LOL...I guess they can "claim" a 50% hit rate on Gillbride....

GILBRIDE GETS THE BOOT

UPDATED THURSDAY MORNING RUMOR MILL: Contrary to reports from a certain dumb-*****, make-it-up-as-they-go Web site, Mularkey will can his O-C . . . A Grimm task in the 'Burgh . . . Angelo blows it? . . . Ravens sack Zacharias . . . Taylor pulling a Johnson? . . . MORE!

LABillsFan
01-15-2004, 07:53 AM
He hasn't been fired and I always thought it was TD who hired him in the first place. So until he's gone (come on MM) I fear that TD has talked to MM about keeping him. I'd like to know where the players stand if KG stays.

LABillsFan
01-15-2004, 07:55 AM
Just read the thread By EB that was posted at the same time as my reply to this thread and Voila. Hope it's true.

Michael82
01-15-2004, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
UPDATED THURSDAY MORNING RUMOR MILL: Contrary to reports from a certain dumb-*****, make-it-up-as-they-go Web site, Mularkey will can his O-C . . . [/i]

I wonder if that site is Pro Football Central or Bills Asylum. :snicker:

lordofgun
01-15-2004, 09:18 AM
Someone needs to tell whoever runs that site that their anal cavity is not a league source.

LtBillsFan66
01-15-2004, 09:24 AM
That site is rock bottom the worst out there.

Kolbiss
01-15-2004, 10:11 AM
true, but it is kind of fun to read, like someone else mentioned, kind of like tabloids.

Michael82
01-15-2004, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by danny4804
true, but it is kind of fun to read, like someone else mentioned, kind of like tabloids.

Yeah, especially how they critique each team for a bad move and call some of them names. It seems like it is a former NFL guy who runs that site, someone with an axe to grind. Or maybe a former ESPN writer. :snicker:

northernbillfan
01-15-2004, 10:57 AM
LMAO @ this:

GILBRIDE GETS THE BOOT

In yet another example (unfortunately) of our willingness to rub our bulbous noses into our own fecal matter, we're not going to erase our "what in the **** were we smoking?" report from Wednesday that new Bills coach Mike Mularkey would keep offensive coordinator Kevin Gilbride (scroll down).

When our source for that one (who at the same time shared with us convincing details regarding the efforts of G.M. Tom Donahoe to keep the news of the Mularkey hire under wraps) said that Gilbride would stay and defensive coordinator Jerry Gray would go, we scoffed.

The source repeated it -- Gilbride stays.

Though we still had doubts, our source for that nugget is smart, savvy, and well-connected, so we deferred.

And when we asked the source last night (after receiving precisely 257 e-mails from Bills fans who questioned our sanity) if he could confirm Gilbride was staying, the source said, "Who told you Gilbride was staying?" (or words to the effect).

As we've now learned from our friends at WGR 55 in Buffalo, Gilbride will be formally released by the team soon.

It's no surprise. Gilbride....

That last line killed me, "It's no surprise" they sure seem surprised considering what they were saying yesterday.

Dozerdog
01-15-2004, 11:04 AM
Notice how they pass the buck?